Sri Lanka

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chanaka Welegedera could be a big surprise for opposing teams there.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don't really like Sri Lanka's squad for this.

I think they are a proper batsman light, and I might have liked to see another fast bowler instead of three proper spinners.

I think Jayasuriya is probably beyond his best years and they'd have been better opening with jayawardene and Dilshan. I think chandimal, jayasinge and Perera aren't going to get much of a chance.

Maybe this perera guy is brilliantly talented but to leave out maharoof for him seems a bit risky.

Also, are randiv, murali and mendis all needed? I think thushara or prasad, as sri lankas genuinely quick pacemen, will be missed.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Ind*-Pak, Pak*-SL, SL*-? Ban

pattern

still possible even though I think they could have taken a better squad. They've got the best core of player for the format. proper attacking batsmen, couple of bludgeoners at the end, a mix of spinning and fast all-rounders, good spinners and a killer opening/death bowler.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
why do you think its a bad team? TT, thats all they are missing

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I dunno if perera is the right choice when they have maharoof, who does well in twenty20, and Vaas has performed really well in the IPL and hasn't retired from limited overs.

I think it's one all-rounder too many (jayasinghe, perera, mathews and jayasuriya who is not as effective, hasn't played this IPL, and I don't think would be picked without his bowling) and I don't think they need three out-right spinners who can't bat.

I don't know if I'm totally convinced by Kapugedera yet so another batsman could have gone just in case he fails at the start. Tharanga or Silva.

I am excited by seeing Chandimal, though even his selection is a tad odd given is Kashual Silva that's been on the fringes of the wicket keeping position for a while.

No selection is quite as stupid as australia leaving Bollinger out though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They certainly have the x-factors in the batting lineup, if Matthews regains his early form for KKR they will have 2 our of the 3 sectors checked. Bowling is heavily dependent on the spinners but they have Malinga for the x-factor quick, just need the other pacemen to do a solid job.

War

Chairman of Selectors
It will be interesting to see where Jayawardene bats i'd say. Since only recently when he began to open for Kings XI Punjab in the IPL has he began to look like a T20 quality batsman.

Plus i reckon Dilhara Fernando may be missed in the bowling too. He also has caught some good late form in the IPL, has a deadly yorker & a excellently disguised slower-ball.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dilshan form is becoming a worry, another failure in the warm up. Only up side is, hes bound to fire sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread