Sri Lanka

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for Sri Lanka 2011 World Cup campaign.

15 Man Squad

Kumar Sangakkara (captain and wicketkeeper)
Mahela Jayawardene (vice captain)
Thilan Samaraweera
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Upul Tharanga
Chamara Kapugedera
Angelo Mathews
Chamara Silva
Lasith Malinga
Tissara Perera
Dilhara Fernando
Nuwan Kulasekara
Muttiah Muralitharan
Rangana Herath
Ajantha Mendis

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
completely dumbfounded Randiv has been left out for herath.

this better not be a backlash from the no-ball incident, sri lanka don't need to submit that much to public opinion, I doubt many indians even care now. They don't know how murali will cope coming back into cricket after virtually retiring, I would feel far better knowing randiv was the back up.

and Kapu, ergh, I think he has potential, but we won't see it for a few years, not sure what kandamby has done but even if it's a matter of form surely they should have backed kandamby to come into more form than kapu to out-perform him.

odd that jeevan mendis never made it either, though I'm not that bothered, but he'd staked a claim for a spot and has weirdly lost a position in the squad now.

P

pcfan123

at least they did'nt pick Vaas and Jayasuriya. That was a ridiculous selection for the 30 man squad

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah it was totally unnecessary to even name them among the 30. Randiv deserved to be selected. He showed good composure with ball and was handy with the bat down the order. Herath has not been successful in ODIs. I fail to the logic behind understand his selection.
Even with a few blemished in selection, I still rate Srilanka very high and they are sure to make it to the semis.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah Randiv surely deserved a place there. And no Dinesh Chandimal? He cracked a ton on debut i guess.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
you cant really because fernando bowls fast, while vaas bowls under 120's. if he had improved his batting a bit then he could've replaced perera in the squad. asking a bit too much i know. :p

apparently if kulasekara gets injured then they will bring vaas in but i'm not sure if they're allowed that.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
leaving vaas was hard am sure . he is still the best new ball bowler they have. swings the ball very nicely still. but this team is good. they do have a very good chance of repeating 1996 but the thing is in 96 no one expected them to win.

Users who are viewing this thread