Sri Lanka

Hashim Amla

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka cricket board has good selection for the squad of cricket world cup 2011. Although I am surprised why they did not pick Jayasuria for world cup, there are some possibilities about him either he is out of form or he has become old as he can't show good performance in the mega event.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Jayasuriya's form has dipped considerably in the last few years. He isn't the force he used to be. The selectors have chosen a fresh side here. No doubt that the Lankans will be the Final 4.

The only selection that baffled me here was the 'exclusion of Suraj Randiv' .He could have been handy in the sub-continental conditions.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The only selection that baffled me here was the 'exclusion of Suraj Randiv'
Yeah, I'm surprised too. He seems to have a good cricketing brain. Not sure whether it was for the no-ball incident...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't think it would have been the 'no-ball issue'. The left-arm spinner Herath was included in his place. As far as I know, Herath is a simple spinner without any batting exploits to his name. Randiv could have added some runs as well. Well, as I said, it still baffles me, but the Lankan selectors must have had a good reason to keep him out.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's just the combination. They decided that it would be better to have a left armer than the two offies. Randiv's decent, but Herath's a pretty good bowler too. Don't underestimate him.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
my problem with picking herath is, ok, it's for variety, are they going to play 3 spinners that can't bat in one game? unlikely, but stupid if they do (remember they did it in a test against india, I believe that was the one sehwag almost made 300 in a day)

so ok, if mendis isn't getting results or murali isn't fit, surely they'd feel better bringing randiv in given his credentials in the format?

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I think it's a logical decision they've taken. Mendis isn't the same mystery spinner like he was before, so if he fails in first few matches Herath could be used as replacement. Playing Murali and Randiv together might not be as effective, they would need some variation to trouble the batsman.

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
i think it is :yes because its written in that post^^ shane warne was sent home!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope it's just a rumor and not a reality. Can't afford to see this dasher out of the game, haven't seen even a single Dilscoop thus far in the WC.

Users who are viewing this thread