Steps for adding patches to BLIC(Guide for dummies)

cricketmaster

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I suggest you make this a sticky perhaps.This is for us that dont have a clue about computers and that want to add downloaded patches to BLIC so please can some of you guys post how to add patches to the game step by step and in language that we could understand.Also can you tell us what recommendations and extra stuff we need(if any) to add patches to games.

Once again any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited:

Lucky

International Cricketer
Okay, here is how you add a patch or bat file....

1. Download and unzip the file from planet cricket. To unzip, do this,
unzip7az.jpg

2. Open Prakashs BAG Importer. Then Click open (to locate the BAG file),

bagimporter4uu.jpg

bagimporteropen3sm.jpg

3. Now using the BAG importer, find the BAG file you want to open.

opencodemasters4px.jpg

opencodemastersblic3qe.jpg

opencodemastersblicdata3ge.jpg

opencodemastersblicdata25fd.jpg

4. Now open the BAG file you want and then scroll up/ down and select the file you want to replace, once you have found it, then click Import.

replacebag9la.jpg

replaceimport0rm.jpg

5. After selecting the file you want to overwrite then select the downloaded file and import that, replacing the older one.
replaceimportselectfile7cc.jpg

replaceimportselectfileimport3.jpg

6. Once you have done that the file has been replaced and you can open BLIC and you will find the new file in the game.

For my downloads, I have readme's on all of them but for other downloads, it is the same the only thing you have to do is open the right BAG file and replace the right file.

Replacing the right file is important, you don't want to accidentally import a different cricket ball onto a cricket bat file, which will totally mess up the BAG

Hope this helps.This is the way I import the Bats/Balls and other things I have made. If you have troubles post here for more help.
Thanks
Lucky

Last edited:

cricketmaster

School Cricketer
Just one more question when i want to add a team kit(jersey) patch do i do the same thing and also how, where and how long does it take to download Prakashs BAG Importer.

Lucky

International Cricketer
I'm not sure about team kits, but it only takes around or less 2 mintures to download it...

cricketmaster

School Cricketer
Sorry if im annoying but im abit slow, so what your saying is it only takes about 2 mins to download Prakashs BAG Importer right, well where can i find the BAG importer.

Thanks man and once agian i really appreciate your help mate.

Hariz

International Cricketer
To add kits you just have to extract the downloaded .zip files into your X:/ProgramFiles/Codemasters/BLIC/Data/Teams folder and then the computer will prompt you to replace the default kit . Just click OK and the kit will be replaced !!!

Plz Note that the downloaded kit gets extracted in the form of a folder in the BLIC/Teams folder so cut the files in this extracted folder and then paste them outside so that the game can read them !!!

Also keep in consideration to make another folder somewhere where you can backup the original kits before replacing them !!! To backup original ingame kits just copy and paste them in this folder so that if you start having problems with the new kits you can turn back to the old ones !!! Hope you guys understand this explaination !!!

cricketmaster

School Cricketer
[/QUOTE]Plz Note that the downloaded kit gets extracted in the form of a folder in the BLIC/Teams folder so cut the files in this extracted folder and then paste them outside so that the game can read them !!!

Also keep in consideration to make another folder somewhere where you can backup the original kits before replacing them !!! To backup original ingame kits just copy and paste them in this folder so that if you start having problems with the new kits you can turn back to the old ones !!! Hope you guys understand this explaination !!![/QUOTE]

Really sorry mate but can you please post some pictures to explain this.

And by the way im really appreciating all the help fellas :D

Hariz

International Cricketer
Ok Guys this is the method to add kits in BLIC !!!
After downloading the kit to your hard disk !!! Locate it and click on extract files/Extract to a specified location etc !!!
meth10rz.png

A window will open !! Now click on the Drive where BLIC is installed !!! In my case its the Drive D:/
meth20nu.png

After that the contents of drive D will be displayed !!! Now click on Program Files then on Codemasters !!!
meth35re.png

After the contents of Codemasters/BrianLaraInternationalCricket2005/Data are displayed click on Teams !!! Now note that at the top you have reached the directory where you wanted to extract the kit !!! click on Ok to extract the file !!!
meth47ia.png

Now go to the exact same folder where you extracted the kit !!! X:/ProgramFiles/Codemasters/BrianLaraInternationalCricket2005/Data/Teams and you will see this !!! Usually this extracted folder is placed at the extreme bottom !!!
meth53nv.png

Double Click on it and go inside !!! Now cut the .bag file inside it and paste it outside the folder !!!!
meth61zm.png

meth78jp.png

The computer will only then prompt you to replace the existing kit (.bag file)
Click on Yes !!!
meth82qu.png

Now you can just delete the superfluous folder that you extracted !!! The kit should now be in the exhibition mode in the game !!!
meth98wd.png

I hope I explained thoroughly enough for everyone to understand !!! If you still have problems plz ask !!!!

The people using the demo have to change the name of the downloaded .bag file for it to work for them !!! To change the name just rename the .bag files as Australia_CT2004_ODI.bag, West_Indies_CT2004_ODI.bag and England_CT2004_ODI.bag respectively !!! Then follow the above mentioned procedure and the kit will work !!!

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
About kits replacement

Hariz said:
The people using the demo have to change the name of the downloaded .bag file for it to work for them !!! To change the name just rename the .bag files as Australia_CT2004_ODI.bag, West_Indies_CT2004_ODI.bag and England_CT2004_ODI.bag respectively !!! Then follow the above mentioned procedure and the kit will work !!![/SIZE]

Hey hariz you sure have lots of files with duplicate names on each files LOL.

To every slow learners,
When Hariz told me through email I understood from that point that you dont need BAG importer to install kits just delete the original kit file of BLIC 2005 and make sure before deleting that file you must copy its name first for example xxx_CT2004_ODI.bag (xxx=any team name you like) and then renamed that file name to hariz ODI kit " xxx_AltODI.bag " and then run the game walla you will see that all of them are wearing hariz kits now ;) .

p.s= so all hariz kits files will be display like this ---> xxx_AltODI.bag
and the kits that are already in DATA/team folder are shown like this---> xxx_CT2004_ODI.bag <---- copy this file name and replace it with hariz kit file and delete the original file.
thanks to Hariz and piggy101 for explainging me. :clap

Last edited:

djackl

School Cricketer
I cant find the bag importer to download, it is just the bag viewer, ie i cant import stuff into it.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Inzi bhai said:
p.s= so all hariz kits files will be display like this ---> xxx_AltODI.bag
and the kits that are already in DATA/team folder are shown like this---> xxx_CT2004_ODI.bag <---- copy this file name and replace it with hariz kit file and delete the original file.
thanks to Hariz and piggy101 for explainging me.

Actually this way my kits will replace the licensed Champions trophy kits !!! This method of renaming the kits is only suitable for the guys with the demo because only three kit files are present there !!!!
In the full version you must only extract the downloaded kit (as explained above) in the BLIC/Data/Teams folder and when successful you will be prompted to replace the kit in the Exhibition modes with my kit not the licensed Champions Trophy or World Cup kits !!! :rolleyes:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The renaming method is what I have used for my kit patches as it is easy enough to write an executable .bat and make the computer do all the hard work! :)

tasty_kebab

School Cricketer
Hey,

Sorry Im new to this forum. Jus wanna say you guys have made some damn good patches! I got the Pak test strip and some basic name-change files etc, now for the really cool stuff like bats! But is it possible to assign bats to specific batsmen?

Users who are viewing this thread