Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Day one of the first test between the Grubbers and Bangladesh in Dhaka. Grubbers won the toss and elected to bat on a hard/dry pitch with some light cracks...

1610657888227.png

First thing you'll notice is that Nick Browne has become an official Grubber and he could've been there for ages except for a sneaky leg slip. Anyways The Grubbers put on 293 with Kragg and Captain Ravi getting the telling contributions. Joe Clarke was particularly unlucky as he got out to the old no-button-ball-comes-off-the-back-of-the-bat leave but I am happy with the Mishra/Bopara partnership which got us to a decent total and a great debut from Watt at 9.

1610658071865.png
Rubel Hossain's short ball caused the problems for Mushfiqur and Mahmadullah and gave him his wickets otherwise it was all about the spin. Can Pujara and the rest of the Grubber spinners do as well?

1610658187826.png1610658191890.png

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Halfway through Day 2 and the Bangladesh innings is at an end...

1610712960374.png
Lead could've been more but a classique 9th wicket partnership and a great batting display from Mosaddek mean they got to 220...

1610713016356.png
Jamie Porter has fit right in at the Grubbers taking 4/56. Gabriel was unlucky and the spinners did a decent job too. Am pretty happy with the bowling display.

1610713059757.png
A lead of 73 then and lots of time in the game...

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So, England have 4 sessions to get 10 wickets, level the series, and take the Ashes to a decider.

Australia have 4 sessions to either survive and retain the Ashes, or get 273 wins to retain and take the series.

Nicely balanced I reckon, if slightly in Australia's favour

View attachment 242142

Going to be an exciting game for sure, gooch to spin a web taking out both dean Jones and merv Hughes!!

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's the plan like. Rough the ball up a bit then Athers might have to get his bowling boots on

Use Some Sandpaper Dale88 Hope it Go s Well Mate . And I will Be Starting up Again Tomorrow Ashes 90/91 .

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
20210115_193537.jpg

So the score at lunch on Day 5 pretty much shows the draw is out of the question. 4 wickets to go...

Use Some Sandpaper Dale88 Hope it Go s Well Mate . And I will Be Starting up Again Tomorrow Ashes 90/91 .

Dunno about sandpaper but it looks like Athers has dirty pockets again

20210115_193540.jpg

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Halfway through Day 3 and this one won't be going to five days but it is finely poised...

1610741262561.png

A good start again for Browne and Brathwaite with the latter getting a fifty but then a massive collapse put Bangladesh right back in it and if it wasn't for Clarke, who was last man out, we'd have given them a very gettable target. Annoyed that Browne got out with a leave off the back of the bat but thems the breaks.

1610741387284.png

Mosaddek had a great little twirl as did Shakib and you feel it'll be these two all-rounders that will be the key wickets if the Grubbers are gonna win this test match.

1610741477190.png
283 to win then. The first GG test match is gonna be a nail biter

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I've never seen this before.

Playing List A, seems the running and big shots drain the batsman's stamina quickly. Gooch went big, and made a century. I noticed as he fatigued the power in his shots really diminished, so I nursed him to his hundred with singles.

This is the first ton of the Yellow Pages cup, and my first One Day century in cricket 19.

Having got the ton, I decided to go for a big shot, on the grounds I'd get runs or get out. Immediately it flashed up as an injury to Gooch, "Adductor Tendonitis". But there was no way to retire, and he could still bat and still run...

Until an over or so later he pushed wide of mid-wicket and ran two, when this happened:
An injury for "Strained Adductor".

Sure enough, he's not in the field, 12th man Hendrick is on. I'm playing in competition mode, so it'll be interesting to see if this rolls over into the tournament and he misses any other games.

Anyone had this before?

Dan's leg spin

Club Captain
Well I've never seen this before.

Playing List A, seems the running and big shots drain the batsman's stamina quickly. Gooch went big, and made a century. I noticed as he fatigued the power in his shots really diminished, so I nursed him to his hundred with singles.

This is the first ton of the Yellow Pages cup, and my first One Day century in cricket 19.

Having got the ton, I decided to go for a big shot, on the grounds I'd get runs or get out. Immediately it flashed up as an injury to Gooch, "Adductor Tendonitis". But there was no way to retire, and he could still bat and still run...

Until an over or so later he pushed wide of mid-wicket and ran two, when this happened:
An injury for "Strained Adductor".

Sure enough, he's not in the field, 12th man Hendrick is on. I'm playing in competition mode, so it'll be interesting to see if this rolls over into the tournament and he misses any other games.

Anyone had this before?
Yes. Happened to me with Chris Dent during my Royal London Cup lockdown tournament last year after making a 100. Think he was fine to play next game

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A catch up on the "Yellow Pages Cup".

A huge upset in the 3rd Match, as AROSA Sri Lanka (me) beat the host Springboks (AI).

Batting first, Sri Lanka exceeded expectations by posting 241. Hettiarachi (27) and Devapriya (42) got them off to a great start with a 70-run opening stand, and captain Warnapura (48), Perera (39) and Woutersz (33*) all contributed. What would have concerned the Springbok captain Clive Rice the most was that his most effective bowlers were Kuiper and Kourie, who both took pace off the ball. Sri Lanka's attack was full of slow medium pace and spinners.

Cook and Richards made a good start in reply, both making 50s, and South Africa were always ahead of or in touch of the rate. But as wickets fell the rate fell, and they ended up needing 14 from the final over, but couldn't get near. A stunning win for Sri Lanka by 9 runs.

What an upset - not Sri Lanka turning over the Springboks, but me winning 2 in a row.

You can see the full imgur gallery of this match here

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The 4th match saw English XI 90 (AI) vs Australian XI (Me).

England won the toss and batted first and made a great start, 45 for the first wicket and when Barnett was out Broad (52) and Robinson (39) shared a stand of 71. After they both fell in quick succession, Wells helped stabilised with Maynard (47), and then a brutal 61* from Cowdrey took England up to 241/5 from their 35 overs.

The Aussie bowling was poor, such that skipper Kim Hughes even gave 5 overs to Graham Yallop's left arm military medium.

The Aussie reply was equally poor. They were always ahead of the rate, but there was a procession of wickets. Only Steve Smith (65 from 41) scored more than 20 or faced more than 20 balls, leading to an emphatic 68 run victory for England. 2 defeats in a row for Australia, who will need something special from here on in.

you can see the full imgur gallery for the match here.

Users who are viewing this thread