Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Put together a squad of some of my favourite cricketers from around the world and am going to take them on a world tour.
To start we take tour Sri Lanka with 3 T20's, 2 Tests and 3 ODI's.

This is the Squad taken to Sri Lanka for all formats.

1. James Pattinson (Australia)
2. Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
3. Ben McDermott (Australia)
4. Matthew Wade (Australia)
5. Marnus Labuschagne (Australia)
6. Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh)
7. Mashrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh)
8. Tom Banton (England)
9. Ollie Pope (England)
10. Dominic Bess (England)
11. Curtis Campher (Ireland)
12. Mark Adair (Ireland)
13. Neil Wagner (New Zealand)
14. Tom Latham (New Zealand)
15. Mitchell Santner (New Zealand)
16. Babar Azam (Pakistan)
17. Mohammad Amir (Pakistan)
18. Nicholas Pooran (West Indies)
19. Kemar Roach (West Indies)
20. Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)

The First T20 against Sri Lanka started with the Sri Lankans winning the toss and sending us into the field. A 66 run opening partnership was eventually broken by 3 wicket over from Mohammad Amir, taking Sri Lanka from 0/66 to 3/72 in 4 balls (yes the Hatrick ball was hit for 6... lol).

Another 70 run partnership between Dhanajaya Da Silva and Danushka Gunathilaka saw Sri Lanka finish 6/184.

View attachment 255419View attachment 255418 View attachment 255420

The Top order for the Tiger's were extremely disappointing and after 9 overs they were 5/66, with only Captain Babar Azam standing tall.
Azam would eventually post 50, but when his wicket fell all hope looked lost for the Tigers.
However Zimbabwe's Sikandar Raza and Australian James Pattinson turned the tide of the game with a crushing 46 run partnership giving Sri Lanka a small scare.
Unfortunately the pair would fall in consecutive overs and eventually the Tigers were bowled out for 148... 36 runs short of the target.

View attachment 255421View attachment 255422View attachment 255423

Looking to bounce back in the 2nd T20 and level the series 1-1!

ngl this has been living rent-free in my head since i read it.

Dom Bess isn't even his mum's favourite cricketer.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
3 Tests in and still 0-0 they just seem to be able to pull something off with bat when they need to. Can’t afford to lose a match now if I want to regain the Ashes…

Odd as well, the AI (Aussies) declared when they were 9 down, but the scorecard doesn’t show this with the ‘dec’ like it does when I declare. Don’t think I’ve ever had the AI declare so can’t say whether this is just a one off error or if this is what always happens

Attachments

• EBBF4CB5-6FE6-4E18-A5A3-E719337CE188.jpeg
    EBBF4CB5-6FE6-4E18-A5A3-E719337CE188.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
We might be less than a month away from 22, but 19 is still making me jump around the room with both delight and frustration. 5th Test of the 2009 Ashes, 1-0 up and needing just a draw to regain the urn…

Won the toss, chose to bat and the skipper’s 2nd ton of the series helps us post 291, not great considering we were 174 without loss.

In reply the Aussies weren't able to make the most of their bowler’s good work and were eventually all out for 222, Mitchell Johnson top scoring with 57. Harmison‘s 3 for 57 and Swann’s 4 for 27 helping England head into their second innings with a lead of 69, possibly a crucial lead as well.

In the second innings, half centuries for Bell and Collingwood helped us to 263 all out, but it was below par and with a little over 2 days remaining the Aussies needed just 333 to level the series and retain the Ashes.

For the first time since the 2nd innings of the 1st Test, Australia managed to surpass 50 for the first wicket, perfect timing for them. Watson eventually fell for 41 with the score on 79, caught Collingwood, bowled Harmison.

Ricky Ponting, who had scored 433 runs in the series already at an average of 48, joined Katich at the crease and the pair continued to eat into England’s lead. Lunch on day 4 and they required just over 200 for the win with 9 wickets remaining.

The afternoon session belonged to Australia as well, with Ponting still going well and only 2 wickets falling. Katich run out for 76 and Hussey falling to the off spin of Swann. Less than 100 needed for an Aussie victory.

Swann was not only the most threatening, but also the most economical and so I continued with him after tea and much to the home fan‘s delight, he trapped Clarke lbw in the first over of the evening session. 240 for 4 still hope, maybe?

Swann picked up 2 more in the session, North for 3 and Ponting, but not before the Aussie skipper had brought up his 100. Australia had Haddin and Johnson at the crease come the close of play and needed just 24 on day 5 to win, England needed 4, I needed a miracle…

309 for 6 and the start of day 5. I again went with Swann to start things off and in the first over of the day had instant reward, Johnson, gone! 309 for 7, game on, perhaps?

Alongside Swann I went with Jimmy, he hadn’t had the best of series up until now with 15 wickets at over 50, but the ball was still reasonably new and something had to give.

312 for 8! Anderson to Siddle, drag on, England are in the game, still 22 required for Australia.

Stuart Clark joins Haddin out in the middle and this Oval crowd are in full voice now, Anderson to Haddin, pitched up, drives, outside edge, Prior takes the catch, the Aussies are 9 down! 319 for 9

Last man in Ben Hilfenhaus, averaging in the 40s for the series up to this point due to all the red inkers. 14 needed, a couple of lusty blows would do it, but himself and Clark are taking their time. A couple of maidens from Swann, the odd play and miss against Jimmy and a few singles here and there. 327 for 9 just 6 needed to win the series and retain the Ashes.

Into over number 104, Anderson is keeping it full, a mixture of in swingers and out swingers. Final delivery of the over, Hilfenhaus on strike, out swinger, pitched up around off stump, thick edge and Collingwood takes the catch at 4th slip! England have done it, they’ve taken 4 for 18 this morning and from seemingly nowhere they have managed to win this match, win the series and regain the Ashes!

I doubt I’ll play a full series again before Cricket 22 comes out so I‘m well chuffed I managed to finish on a high and in such tense circumstances, I genuinely punched the air and jumped out of my seat when Colly took the catch.

Hopefully I’ll be able to carry on this little campaign on the new game, downloading the teams etc, so possibly be trying to defend the Ashes down under pretty soon.

Attachments

• 2B0F3F1E-F9E4-464B-B7EE-D6F8E4BBD641.jpeg
    2B0F3F1E-F9E4-464B-B7EE-D6F8E4BBD641.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • 33C6FA0F-C2F4-4E41-9C95-AC1E9ABA44C2.jpeg
    33C6FA0F-C2F4-4E41-9C95-AC1E9ABA44C2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Put together a squad of some of my favourite cricketers from around the world and am going to take them on a world tour.
To start we take tour Sri Lanka with 3 T20's, 2 Tests and 3 ODI's.

This is the Squad taken to Sri Lanka for all formats.

1. James Pattinson (Australia)
2. Glenn Maxwell (Australia)
3. Ben McDermott (Australia)
4. Matthew Wade (Australia)
5. Marnus Labuschagne (Australia)
6. Tamim Iqbal (Bangladesh)
7. Mashrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh)
8. Tom Banton (England)
9. Ollie Pope (England)
10. Dominic Bess (England)
11. Curtis Campher (Ireland)
12. Mark Adair (Ireland)
13. Neil Wagner (New Zealand)
14. Tom Latham (New Zealand)
15. Mitchell Santner (New Zealand)
16. Babar Azam (Pakistan)
17. Mohammad Amir (Pakistan)
18. Nicholas Pooran (West Indies)
19. Kemar Roach (West Indies)
20. Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)

The First T20 against Sri Lanka started with the Sri Lankans winning the toss and sending us into the field. A 66 run opening partnership was eventually broken by 3 wicket over from Mohammad Amir, taking Sri Lanka from 0/66 to 3/72 in 4 balls (yes the Hatrick ball was hit for 6... lol).

Another 70 run partnership between Dhanajaya Da Silva and Danushka Gunathilaka saw Sri Lanka finish 6/184.

View attachment 255419View attachment 255418 View attachment 255420

The Top order for the Tiger's were extremely disappointing and after 9 overs they were 5/66, with only Captain Babar Azam standing tall.
Azam would eventually post 50, but when his wicket fell all hope looked lost for the Tigers.
However Zimbabwe's Sikandar Raza and Australian James Pattinson turned the tide of the game with a crushing 46 run partnership giving Sri Lanka a small scare.
Unfortunately the pair would fall in consecutive overs and eventually the Tigers were bowled out for 148... 36 runs short of the target.

View attachment 255421View attachment 255422View attachment 255423

Looking to bounce back in the 2nd T20 and level the series 1-1!
Cool concept….epic stuff

santana1026

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hello Mates!!

Started a VINTAGE TEST CHAMPIONSHIP!

With the all time best from each country (excluding current players)

7 rounds with each team playing each other once, top two teams play the final at Lord's.

Teams
AUSTRALIA LEGENDS
SOUTH AFRICA LEGENDS
INDIA LEGENDS
PAKISTAN LEGENDS
SRI LANKA LEGENDS
NEW ZEALAND LEGENDS
WEST INDIES LEGENDS
ENGLAND LEGENDS

I'll be playing as Windies Legends,
First game is against Pakistan!! With Day 1 being super exciting!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-235949.png
    Screenshot_20220113-235949.png
    562.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220114-000039.png
    Screenshot_20220114-000039.png
    612.1 KB · Views: 5

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I know, older game, but I'm new to Cricket 19. Just bought it recently and testing the waters.

Playing this on batting and bowling medium difficulty and AI on Pro difficulty.

Here's the story of my very first test match in Cricket 19. Decided to do the "bash England" thing ;), so chose a one-off Test for India v England at M. Chinnawamy Stadium and the wicket was a belter. Luckily won the toss and chose batting, but in my arrogance, thought I could blast a few quickly and fell meekly to 135 all out on the second session of day 1. There was a slight rearguard action from Ashwin and Shami that got India even to 135. Jack Leach had a terrific day at the office with adequate support from the seam bowlers making the Indians eat humble pie.

Then the Indian bowlers responded brilliantly to the call and got England 201 all out on day two morning with Ashwin and Kuldeep sharing the honours, ably supported by the seamers and Ravindra Jadeja. At one stage England were 108-7 but Moeen Ali and Stuart Broad had a good partnership that frustrated the Indians and got them a valuable first innings lead. India would have to play out of their skins to make a match of this.

Then the Indians came out to bat and were in all sorts of trouble at 65-4 and then 90-5, thanks to some crazy running between the wickets (actually what seems a run-out glitch - batsmen start running after wicketkeeper got the ball in his gloves, I almost ragequit at this stage, but hung on). Then Rishabh Pant and at 145-6 Ashwin and Pant had a decent rearguard action until Ashwin was caught behind leaving India tentative at 183-7 with just a lead of around 116 runs on the board. The English would have thought game over, but Pant and Shami put their heads down and led a magnificent revival with a 166 run partnership which got India a lead of just over 300 in the end. On the way, Pant got to a magnificent but uncharacteristic century, while Shami came close with 97 before unfortunately being caught behind just after Pant got out. By the time, England had frustrated Pant with deep set fields to deny him boundaries, and Pant eventually lost patience after his century and holed out in the deep. But the last wicket partnership wagged just a little bit more to frustrate England and eventually left England with a target of 307 to win with 2 days still to play but with the Indian bowlers having their tail up with a nice target.

Match now hangs in a balance, and I'm yet to bowl in the 2nd innings.

Match Summary
Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_56_53.png

India 1st Innings
Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_57_04.png

England bowling 1st Innings

Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_57_38.png

England 1st Innings

Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_57_49.png

India Bowling 1st Innings

Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_58_00.png

India 2nd Innings
Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_58_17.png

England bowling 2nd Innings

Cricket 19 20-01-2022 16_58_26.png

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
We might be less than a month away from 22, but 19 is still making me jump around the room with both delight and frustration. 5th Test of the 2009 Ashes, 1-0 up and needing just a draw to regain the urn…

Won the toss, chose to bat and the skipper’s 2nd ton of the series helps us post 291, not great considering we were 174 without loss.

In reply the Aussies weren't able to make the most of their bowler’s good work and were eventually all out for 222, Mitchell Johnson top scoring with 57. Harmison‘s 3 for 57 and Swann’s 4 for 27 helping England head into their second innings with a lead of 69, possibly a crucial lead as well.

In the second innings, half centuries for Bell and Collingwood helped us to 263 all out, but it was below par and with a little over 2 days remaining the Aussies needed just 333 to level the series and retain the Ashes.

For the first time since the 2nd innings of the 1st Test, Australia managed to surpass 50 for the first wicket, perfect timing for them. Watson eventually fell for 41 with the score on 79, caught Collingwood, bowled Harmison.

Ricky Ponting, who had scored 433 runs in the series already at an average of 48, joined Katich at the crease and the pair continued to eat into England’s lead. Lunch on day 4 and they required just over 200 for the win with 9 wickets remaining.

The afternoon session belonged to Australia as well, with Ponting still going well and only 2 wickets falling. Katich run out for 76 and Hussey falling to the off spin of Swann. Less than 100 needed for an Aussie victory.

Swann was not only the most threatening, but also the most economical and so I continued with him after tea and much to the home fan‘s delight, he trapped Clarke lbw in the first over of the evening session. 240 for 4 still hope, maybe?

Swann picked up 2 more in the session, North for 3 and Ponting, but not before the Aussie skipper had brought up his 100. Australia had Haddin and Johnson at the crease come the close of play and needed just 24 on day 5 to win, England needed 4, I needed a miracle…

309 for 6 and the start of day 5. I again went with Swann to start things off and in the first over of the day had instant reward, Johnson, gone! 309 for 7, game on, perhaps?

Alongside Swann I went with Jimmy, he hadn’t had the best of series up until now with 15 wickets at over 50, but the ball was still reasonably new and something had to give.

312 for 8! Anderson to Siddle, drag on, England are in the game, still 22 required for Australia.

Stuart Clark joins Haddin out in the middle and this Oval crowd are in full voice now, Anderson to Haddin, pitched up, drives, outside edge, Prior takes the catch, the Aussies are 9 down! 319 for 9

Last man in Ben Hilfenhaus, averaging in the 40s for the series up to this point due to all the red inkers. 14 needed, a couple of lusty blows would do it, but himself and Clark are taking their time. A couple of maidens from Swann, the odd play and miss against Jimmy and a few singles here and there. 327 for 9 just 6 needed to win the series and retain the Ashes.

Into over number 104, Anderson is keeping it full, a mixture of in swingers and out swingers. Final delivery of the over, Hilfenhaus on strike, out swinger, pitched up around off stump, thick edge and Collingwood takes the catch at 4th slip! England have done it, they’ve taken 4 for 18 this morning and from seemingly nowhere they have managed to win this match, win the series and regain the Ashes!

I doubt I’ll play a full series again before Cricket 22 comes out so I‘m well chuffed I managed to finish on a high and in such tense circumstances, I genuinely punched the air and jumped out of my seat when Colly took the catch.

Hopefully I’ll be able to carry on this little campaign on the new game, downloading the teams etc, so possibly be trying to defend the Ashes down under pretty soon.
Literally the story that tempted me to buy this game. Haven't played a cricket game in a long time before this.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Literally the story that tempted me to buy this game. Haven't played a cricket game in a long time before this.
That’s great to hear, I’m still yet to even play a full test on 22 due to all its issues and the academy still in its early stages, so going with C19 wasn’t a bad decision by you. Hope you enjoy and get to have some thrilling moments like mine :thumbs

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
That’s great to hear, I’m still yet to even play a full test on 22 due to all its issues and the academy still in its early stages, so going with C19 wasn’t a bad decision by you. Hope you enjoy and get to have some thrilling moments like mine :thumbs
I was also not sure my system specs would play Cricket 22 smoothly. How much more graphically intensive is 22 compared to 19?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Well, continuing from the story of my first test match.

India having set England a total of 307, it was always going to be tough chase on the crumbling wicket at M.Chinnaswamy on day 3 and it wasn't to be for England. Bowlers immediately got into the act and India didn't waste too much time with the seamers. Ashwin, Jadeja and Kuldeep immediately got into action and got England in trouble with the top order removed in quick order (few stupid run outs by AI as usual ruining the immersion) and it was always going to be tough for England. The left arm wrist spinner really loved the conditions and extracted more out of the wicket than the finger spinners and the English batsmen were left clueless with the bowling quickly collapsing to 76-5. Thereafter, there was a kind of revival with Ben Stokes batting well with Jack Leach, and then the lower order also contributed to England attaining some respectability to the total. But from 174-8 it was always India's game and the final wickets fell to run outs again after the tail wagged a bit and England eventually folded for 234 all out.

India got out of jail, thanks to Rishabh Pant's magnificent century in the 2nd innings and the bowlers, eventually Kuldeep Yadav got the man of the match, but Pant was the real hero of the Indian victory.

Match summary:
Cricket 19 21-01-2022 15_15_28.png

England 2nd Innings
Cricket 19 21-01-2022 15_14_55.png

India bowling 2nd Innings

Cricket 19 21-01-2022 15_15_09.png

My thoughts:

Immersion and realism was slightly spoiled by the ridiculous run outs of both the AI player and myself (running when ball is in the hands of the fielder/wicket keeper).

However, the game feels a challenge, and the pacing seems good. Will definitely play more.

billionaiire

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
66950437-9FF1-4EDF-B5FC-65AA47FC80AF.jpeg

21:9 on a 34” ultra wide curved monitor brings a whole new realism to this video game on my PC. I so wish gaming consoles supported this aspect ratio this generation!

Users who are viewing this thread