Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just had a very enjoyable game as England v South Africa in the ODI Cup.

Batted first at the Oval and lost Roy early on, was 18-1. Batted on before Joe Root chipped it to mid-on, he was a run a ball but struggling. Was around 54-2 then. I kept rotating strike between Bairstow and Morgan after that and managed to build runs until Morgan was LBW for 32? and Stokes promptly followed with a Golden Duck. After around 21 overs I was 155-5 and then it rained! We lost 18 overs so had 11 remaining. With Bairstow and Buttler at the crease I took my time and exploited the gaps when they appeared. In the end I got 231-6, Buttler stupidly run-out. Bairstow finished on 159*.

After that I did the first 6 overs and last 6 overs from the South Africa innings. The first six were tight, 30-0. The last six they were chasing and it showed with them being much more aggressive. I took 4 wickets and won the game by 24 runs on D/L.

There are minor issues with the game, which have all been raised I think, so I won't raise them again. But I think some people should remember that Big Ant are not a big studio and in comparison to the other companies making games they're tiny. They've done a fantastic job and I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to check out Career mode next.

Also, it is possible to just have a Gameplay thread? This thread is somewhat dominated by people asking questions about the game?

sparkyblue87

Club Cricketer
Started a World Cup as England, first game against South Africa, lost the toss and had to bowl. South Africa posted 302 on a fast bouncy track. De Cock top scored with 146*, AI managed to push singles on last ball of the over with the tail.

In reply I lost Bairstow early for 7, leaving me 21/1. Root and Roy put on over 100, each reaching their half century before getting out in the 50s. Morgan came in and also knocked a quick 54 before being caught at slip. I was always just above the rate and at 245/4, lost three quick wickets. Fortunately Stokes played a well paced knock to finish on 49* to see me home with 13 balls to spare

Loving the new game, some tweaks needed and patching but really feel that the game mirrors reality. 300 is par now for 50 overs and pitches really do affect the state of play!!

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just had a very enjoyable game as England v South Africa in the ODI Cup.

Batted first at the Oval and lost Roy early on, was 18-1. Batted on before Joe Root chipped it to mid-on, he was a run a ball but struggling. Was around 54-2 then. I kept rotating strike between Bairstow and Morgan after that and managed to build runs until Morgan was LBW for 32? and Stokes promptly followed with a Golden Duck. After around 21 overs I was 155-5 and then it rained! We lost 18 overs so had 11 remaining. With Bairstow and Buttler at the crease I took my time and exploited the gaps when they appeared. In the end I got 231-6, Buttler stupidly run-out. Bairstow finished on 159*.

After that I did the first 6 overs and last 6 overs from the South Africa innings. The first six were tight, 30-0. The last six they were chasing and it showed with them being much more aggressive. I took 4 wickets and won the game by 24 runs on D/L.

There are minor issues with the game, which have all been raised I think, so I won't raise them again. But I think some people should remember that Big Ant are not a big studio and in comparison to the other companies making games they're tiny. They've done a fantastic job and I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to check out Career mode next.

Also, it is possible to just have a Gameplay thread? This thread is somewhat dominated by people asking questions about the game?

Your England innings sounds a lot like what happened at the Oval today!

nathan00107

Club Cricketer
I started up an Ashes series last night on Pro AI and Medium/Medium difficulty. Playing as Australia, England managed to fight off the first 10 or so overs with Starc swinging it around on a decent batting deck. A couple of dropped catches in the slips added to the frustration. It all started happening when Lyon came on. The wickets started falling from both ends and England were bowled out in the second session for 76.

In Australias innings Warner fell cheaply for 2 after chopping on a full delivery. Harris didnt last much longer either. Smith and Khawaja steadied the ship but once they fell the wickets kept coming. Some late hitting from the tail earned Australia a 30 run lead.

I was happy to bowl england out so cheaply as I havnt gotten the hang of batting yet as you can tell. Once i get a bit better i will play with the sliders a bit more to make it a more realistic match.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am playing a World Cup currently, with India as my selected team. The mode feels very authentic, with the real life fixtures from CWC 2019. So, I start of playing against South Africa.

(I don't remember the exact scores, since I am not on my PS4 at the moment)

India bowl first, although the lineup is not the best Indian team, I start well with Bhuvi and Shami bowling really well. I bowl them for 5-6 overs each and around this time South Africa have lost a few wickets.

The spinners come on, SA start scoring more runs and very gradually consolidate! Approaching the last 10 overs, South Africa lift themselves up, and progress from a dismal 2.7 RPO to a reasonable 4+ RPO. The end up with 220+.

I come out to bat, with a bit more confidence than usual. Shikhar and Rohit opening the batting. I too lose early wickets, Rohit for a duck in fact, and not too long before other top order is gone too, including Virat.

The lone hero for India in this chase, MSD, gets a half century, with the rest of the team crumbling down. All hope is lost when MSD fails to time a shorter one and gets caught behind. The 70+ runs needed prove too much for the tailenders and India end up losing by 80+ runs despite having a run rate of around 7.

Literally over confidence cost me the match, and I think this is the first time since DBC 14 I have enjoyed a team match like this.

(Difficulty: Pro, Medium, Medium, Medium)

angad

Chairman of Consent
The 70+ runs needed prove too much for the tailenders and India end up losing by 80+ runs despite having a run rate of around 7.

Are you playing mind games with us? :p

Reactions: DAP

nathan00107

Club Cricketer
Played the 2nd half of my first Aus vs Eng test today.

England put up a much better fight in the 2nd innings and got themselves a lead of around 130ish. Again Starc and Lyon done the damage with 5 and 4 wickets respectively. I felt a lot more comfortable in Australia's 2nd dig. Warner and Harris made a nice 50 partnership with Harris being caught out by a short ball on 50 and Warner run out on 33. Khawaja and Smith fell cheap. Was starting to look like another collapse was on the cards but Head and Handscomb won the match for the Aussies. Head playing nice with a quickfire 33 off 33 and Handscomb just rotating the strike when he could.

D

Deleted member 185125

So just completed the Third T20 Match between England (Me) vs Australia. I can probably say I managed to get bowling rhythm right.
Pro. Hard. Hard Difficulty.

First Innings:
IMG_20190531_195143.jpg
IMG_20190531_195214.jpg

Second Innings:
IMG_20190531_195219.jpg
IMG_20190531_195228.jpg

Match Summary:
IMG_20190531_195138.jpg

Reactions: DAP
D

Deleted member 185125

Fourth T20 between England (Me) vs Australia.
Pro Medium(batting), Hard.

The game looked really good after increasing the Pace max slider and shot force but unfortunately the AI seemed to struggle with the extra pace. So for those who are finding it difficult to take wickets, highly recommend increasing pace max slider to 70s.

First Innings:
IMG_20190601_000541.jpg
IMG_20190601_000545.jpg

Second Innings
IMG_20190601_000549.jpg
IMG_20190601_000930.jpg

Match Summary
IMG_20190601_000602.jpg

D

Deleted member 185125

So, in an attempt to make a better T20 match, I changed some of the physics modifiers and tried custom bowling hardest and AI custom Legend difficulty settings.
Ground - Delhi Park.

AI batting Scorecard:
IMG_20190601_094809.jpg

My bowling scorecard:
IMG_20190601_094814.jpg

Manhattan:
IMG_20190601_094820.jpg

Runrate:
IMG_20190601_094826.jpg

Partnership:
IMG_20190601_094832.jpg

And by the this is the pitch I need to try and chase the runs!!!
IMG_20190601_095212.jpg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One