Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
ASHES 05 2nd Test Edgbaston
Day 2 and England (I) needed to dig in and bat long, a first 100 of the series would certainly be nice!
Andrew Strauss batted nicely, and before too long he was raising his bat to the crowd, a first 50 of the series, but the job was only half done. Bell was unable to replicate and so to was Pietersen, as England lost 2 wickets in the morning session.
Australia's lead was diminishing, but just a few more wickets and they'd be right in the match. The second session saw Flintoff join Strauss at the crease and the runs began to flow. The partnership surpassed 50 and England were now in the lead, but again they lost momentum as Freddie was dismissed. Geraint Jones was the new man to the crease, but with just the 1 run in the 1st Test, the Aussies could smell blood!

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Had my best experience in Cricket 19 earlier today in this retro test where I was playing as Pakistan. The 2-run margin, however, does not say it all; it was full of drama and excitement. Missed run-out by a weak fielder, a re-skilled weak ground-fielder Inzamam being targeted by the AI batsmen, one genuine run-out happening owing to the ball deflecting towards the bowler after hitting the non-striker who had already started running, two lbws against Tendulkar, one against Mongia, and a bat-pad against Laxman- everything lost due to umpires which I had reskilled in the 75-85 range. Add no DRS, and these certainly make the game more interesting. Finally, after two consecutive lbw appeals, Saqlain bowled Joshi one which hardly turned, and that did the trick. The Indian tail's superhuman efforts finally were thwarted.

My settings: AI base legend, batting timing 90, bowling 100, wicket chance 25 (28 on day 4 and 30 on day 5) and run rate 36.
PAKvsIND.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Had my best experience in Cricket 19 earlier today in this retro test where I was playing as Pakistan. The 2-run margin, however, does not say it all; it was full of drama and excitement. Missed run-out by a weak fielder, a re-skilled weak ground-fielder Inzamam being targeted by the AI batsmen, one genuine run-out happening owing to the ball deflecting towards the bowler after hitting the non-striker who had already started running, two lbws against Tendulkar, one against Mongia, and a bat-pad against Laxman- everything lost due to umpires which I had reskilled in the 75-85 range. Add no DRS, and these certainly make the game more interesting. Finally, after two consecutive lbw appeals, Saqlain bowled Joshi one which hardly turned, and that did the trick. The Indian tail's superhuman efforts finally were thwarted.

My settings: AI base legend, timing 90, wicket chance 25(28 on day 4 and 30 on day 5), run rate 36.
View attachment 231539

So nearly had the dreaded 4th innings chase down :D

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
With England 5 down and just a slender lead, a partnership was needed between Strauss and Jones and that's just what happened!
Jones counter attacked whilst Strauss continued to rotate the strike and pick up the odd boundary when the bowlers strayed onto his pads, it was great test match batting and the lead was extending.
Jones went past 50 and Strauss moved into the 90s as not even Shane Warne, who had picked up 12 in the previous test, was able to find the breakthrough.
With Strauss on 97 and i remember feeling quite jittery, Michael Kasprowicz came into the attack for the Aussies and got the all important breakthrough, the nervous 90s had certainly worked for them!
Ashley Giles came to the crease and with his arrival, Geraint Jones went into 'batting with the tail' mode. Giles knocked it around for ones and twos as Jones approached what would be a 2nd test match ton.
With 15 fours to is name, Jones brought up 3 figures and with it became the first centurion of the series, England were now approaching the 300 mark and the lead was up above 100.
Jones eventually fell for 114 off 196 balls and after a late cameo from Simon Jones, England were all out for 386, a lead of 223.
The Aussies had it all to do with the bat and actually got off to a decent start, Hayden and Langer putting on their first 50 stand of the series. Wickets came in clusters though and after Hayden had departed for 59, his 3rd half century of the series and Gilchrist was dismissed for 57, it seemed like only a matter of time before England would wrap up the match.
Annoyingly enough, the tail wagged some what and frustrated the England bowlers, taking the match into the 5th day, surely only a miracle would save them, but the final pairing of Gillespie and Kasprowicz had given Australia a lead of 59.
Early wickets were needed, but Strauss and Trescothick were straight into their work, sending the ball to the boundary a couple of times in just the first 2 overs. With 8.5 overs bowled another Strauss boundary took England to 60 and the series to 1-1.
A poor first innings with the bat cost Australia, who needed more runs from their top order, as for England, it was a great response having lost the first test, but will the return of Glenn McGrath in the third test change their fortunes.

3rd Test at Old Trafford to follow!

2nd Test.jpg

D

Dutch

With England 5 down and just a slender lead, a partnership was needed between Strauss and Jones and that's just what happened!
Jones counter attacked whilst Strauss continued to rotate the strike and pick up the odd boundary when the bowlers strayed onto his pads, it was great test match batting and the lead was extending.
Jones went past 50 and Strauss moved into the 90s as not even Shane Warne, who had picked up 12 in the previous test, was able to find the breakthrough.
With Strauss on 97 and i remember feeling quite jittery, Michael Kasprowicz came into the attack for the Aussies and got the all important breakthrough, the nervous 90s had certainly worked for them!
Ashley Giles came to the crease and with his arrival, Geraint Jones went into 'batting with the tail' mode. Giles knocked it around for ones and twos as Jones approached what would be a 2nd test match ton.
With 15 fours to is name, Jones brought up 3 figures and with it became the first centurion of the series, England were now approaching the 300 mark and the lead was up above 100.
Jones eventually fell for 114 off 196 balls and after a late cameo from Simon Jones, England were all out for 386, a lead of 223.
The Aussies had it all to do with the bat and actually got off to a decent start, Hayden and Langer putting on their first 50 stand of the series. Wickets came in clusters though and after Hayden had departed for 59, his 3rd half century of the series and Gilchrist was dismissed for 57, it seemed like only a matter of time before England would wrap up the match.
Annoyingly enough, the tail wagged some what and frustrated the England bowlers, taking the match into the 5th day, surely only a miracle would save them, but the final pairing of Gillespie and Kasprowicz had given Australia a lead of 59.
Early wickets were needed, but Strauss and Trescothick were straight into their work, sending the ball to the boundary a couple of times in just the first 2 overs. With 8.5 overs bowled another Strauss boundary took England to 60 and the series to 1-1.
A poor first innings with the bat cost Australia, who needed more runs from their top order, as for England, it was a great response having lost the first test, but will the return of Glenn McGrath in the third test change their fortunes.

3rd Test at Old Trafford to follow!

View attachment 231589
Good to follow these! Great that you are committed to the whole series!

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Good to follow these! Great that you are committed to the whole series!
Thanks Dutch, its a long hard, slog is probably the wrong word, so i'll go with block! But yes, want to get all 5 tests done, the commentary and stuff is quite behind, i'm currently on day 2 of the 3rd test. Trying to make it as realistic as possible as well, so I've set the weather of this test to rain just like it did back in 05, so potentially a draw on the cards as already lost about 30 overs

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
This has got to be the best thrilling and most nerve racking game I’ve ever played on Cricket 19 all completed with my dad pointing out and guiding me through the last hour of play with some handy and some deliberate not so handy points. Me (as England) ai as Scotland in a game that ebbed and flowed on a new range of difficulty I tried out. Veteran Ai with a “Super Difficulty” tweaked but largely the same from Twistie 3 on YouTube’s settings. Made for an amazing match lasting up until the last over on Day 4.

Match Scorecard:
upload_2020-4-24_23-13-31.jpeg

Scotland 1st Innings:

upload_2020-4-24_23-15-28.jpeg upload_2020-4-24_23-16-6.jpeg

England 1st Innings:
upload_2020-4-24_23-16-30.jpeg upload_2020-4-24_23-16-46.jpeg

Scotland 2nd Innings:
upload_2020-4-24_23-17-14.jpeg upload_2020-4-24_23-17-30.jpeg

England 2nd Innings:
upload_2020-4-24_23-14-25.jpeg upload_2020-4-24_23-14-47.jpeg

Started off with Scotland flying out the gates with the AI deciding 5 an over off Broad Wood Stokes and Curran was the right policy. Bess came on and dropped it slightly but it was Stokes who in both innings ended the 100 run stand between the openers both times edges behind. Back to the first innings and it was a case of hang in there as partnerships developed before I took the last 7 wickets for 100 exactly. Denly with some highly economical leggies whilst Bess and Wood helped wrap up the rest. It was encouraging to see the batsman adapt as the day went on and spin played more of a role in dismissing them for 370.

Our batting innings was filled with patience and reward as I felt comfortable at 2 /3 an over. However I fell into the short ball ploy with Sibley as well as the spinner short leg catch bat onto shoe ballooning upwards with Burns. Denly and Root played beautifully until Denly nicked off down to short third man hmm. From 317-4 we collapsed to 364 all out due to clever AI bowling and some poor shot choices from me that usually wouldn’t go punished. Stuart Whittingham should take credit as after his poor opening spell to Burns he was right on the money and improving with pace every over he bowled and it was amazing to watch how the AI developed and got better and how I played some average shots with the middle and lower order as well as the tailenders.

As mentioned before the openers for Scotland raced to a 100 stand before Stokes removed Munsey and from there I felt like we had exploited the conditions perfectly with our attack. From there we took regular wickets almost 1 every 20 runs spearheaded by the impressive Bess who found some real turn and dip allowing for some short leg stunners by Burns and genuine inside edges too. What was also good to see was that with the old ball I managed to get Sam Curran to bowl some reverse swing and take two wicked in a high quality spell where I felt unstoppable. But as I say this I realise that actually Scotland still made runs and the way Cross batted with the tail was a great thing to see and how he anchored strike whilst going berserk.

Inside 12 minutes on Day 4 we would be strapping the pads on chasing 251 for a great turn around win. At 52-0 going at 2 an over I felt prematurely confident of our chances. Enter Mark Watt left arm spinner who first removed the sweeping Burns lbw before getting Denly got at leg slip for a three ball duck. Sibley fell at 58-3 to a genuine caught and bowled (like Chris Jordan in his element) and we were struggling as the uneven bounce and pitch wear was evident at the Oval. The uneven and exciting pitch wear and bounce were too much for Root and Pope and suddenly we were 78-5 from 52-0. Stokes and Buttler came together in true World Cup style but kept the run rate at 2’s and 3’s playing smartly before a couple of maximums from Stokes eased the pressure. Until he late cut into the arms of slip for a well made 45. A partnership followed that turned the game as Curran joined the patient Buttler and showed intent from the beginning striking at 50 and 60. Buttler started to look like the man to lead the team home but at 196-6 he nicked off to a beauty of a delivery from Davey. This wicket was hugely pleading as I felt like Davye had been setting me up with some in swingers in the previous couple of overs followed by a bouncer and then caught me out with a wider angle and lovely out swinger. Curran continued well whilst Bess really dropped anchor in a defiant display of batting after Tea as the ball wore on and it became easier to score. Just needing 19, Curran (56) was trapped lbw to the spinner thanks to poor judgement and lots of turn. Seeing Mark Wood come out to bat was terrifying as the new ball was taken and it was certainly like a day 4 new ball pitch where we couldn’t find a gap for a good 8 overs and were constantly beaten ticking the strike over at 1 and 2. With the new ball worn after half a dozen overs, I felt in a better position to cut and eke out the final runs shown in Bess’s 17 from 62. Wood helped with a flourish and it felt like Headinglry particularly when Curran was in as the field was spread and then bought back up. It also felt like Scotland’s inexperience was eventually held out at the end as we scraped home.

This was the tightest match and most enjoyable and thrilling match I’ve ever played and I thought it would be nice to share with you to keep the cricket spirits high. I was very impressed by the quality of the oppo as well as the AI’s tactics and scenario play throughout whilst also posting respectable totals and setting up my batsmen. I throughly enjoyed playing and hopefully that comes across in the photos and report. Despite some issues the game has that I can also agree with and sometimes get annoyed with, in general we have a high standard and level of game that I loved playing. Thank you.

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
UPSET ALERT!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-151603_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-151603_YouTube.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20200425-211550_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-211550_YouTube.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 16

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
First things first! I LOVE THIS PAGE!! i thought i was the onlyone this crazy about the beautiful game!! I enjoy all your stories and gameplay vids!!

Announcement!!!

THE UNIVERSAL T20 QUALIFIERS are underway!!

Started a 3 Part T20 series, colliding worlds for the Ultimate T20 bragging rights.

The first Group/Pool contains the top ICC teams (and my custom local club team)
Afganistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bayroc (My Local Club), England ,India, Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, South africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies.

Top 4 teams from ICC Pool will make it through to the UNIVERSAL T20 CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The LEGENDS Pool contains
AUSTRALIA, ENGLAND, INDIA, PAKISTAN, SOUTH AFRICA, SRI LANKA, PAKISTAN, NEW ZEALAND AND WEST INDIES legends! Top 4 will qualify for the UT20 Championship!!

Really enjoying this series!! And my gameplay has improved alot...(upset India, playing with Ireland).

A.I -Legend
Batting - Hardest Modified (twistie settings)
Bowling - Hardest
Fielding - Hardest

Users who are viewing this thread