Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This has got to be the best thrilling and most nerve racking game I’ve ever played on Cricket 19 all completed with my dad pointing out and guiding me through the last hour of play with some handy and some deliberate not so handy points. Me (as England) ai as Scotland in a game that ebbed and flowed on a new range of difficulty I tried out. Veteran Ai with a “Super Difficulty” tweaked but largely the same from Twistie 3 on YouTube’s settings. Made for an amazing match lasting up until the last over on Day 4.

Match Scorecard:
View attachment 231845

Scotland 1st Innings:

View attachment 231848 View attachment 231849

England 1st Innings:
View attachment 231850 View attachment 231851

Scotland 2nd Innings:
View attachment 231852 View attachment 231853

England 2nd Innings:
View attachment 231846 View attachment 231847

Started off with Scotland flying out the gates with the AI deciding 5 an over off Broad Wood Stokes and Curran was the right policy. Bess came on and dropped it slightly but it was Stokes who in both innings ended the 100 run stand between the openers both times edges behind. Back to the first innings and it was a case of hang in there as partnerships developed before I took the last 7 wickets for 100 exactly. Denly with some highly economical leggies whilst Bess and Wood helped wrap up the rest. It was encouraging to see the batsman adapt as the day went on and spin played more of a role in dismissing them for 370.

Our batting innings was filled with patience and reward as I felt comfortable at 2 /3 an over. However I fell into the short ball ploy with Sibley as well as the spinner short leg catch bat onto shoe ballooning upwards with Burns. Denly and Root played beautifully until Denly nicked off down to short third man hmm. From 317-4 we collapsed to 364 all out due to clever AI bowling and some poor shot choices from me that usually wouldn’t go punished. Stuart Whittingham should take credit as after his poor opening spell to Burns he was right on the money and improving with pace every over he bowled and it was amazing to watch how the AI developed and got better and how I played some average shots with the middle and lower order as well as the tailenders.

As mentioned before the openers for Scotland raced to a 100 stand before Stokes removed Munsey and from there I felt like we had exploited the conditions perfectly with our attack. From there we took regular wickets almost 1 every 20 runs spearheaded by the impressive Bess who found some real turn and dip allowing for some short leg stunners by Burns and genuine inside edges too. What was also good to see was that with the old ball I managed to get Sam Curran to bowl some reverse swing and take two wicked in a high quality spell where I felt unstoppable. But as I say this I realise that actually Scotland still made runs and the way Cross batted with the tail was a great thing to see and how he anchored strike whilst going berserk.

Inside 12 minutes on Day 4 we would be strapping the pads on chasing 251 for a great turn around win. At 52-0 going at 2 an over I felt prematurely confident of our chances. Enter Mark Watt left arm spinner who first removed the sweeping Burns lbw before getting Denly got at leg slip for a three ball duck. Sibley fell at 58-3 to a genuine caught and bowled (like Chris Jordan in his element) and we were struggling as the uneven bounce and pitch wear was evident at the Oval. The uneven and exciting pitch wear and bounce were too much for Root and Pope and suddenly we were 78-5 from 52-0. Stokes and Buttler came together in true World Cup style but kept the run rate at 2’s and 3’s playing smartly before a couple of maximums from Stokes eased the pressure. Until he late cut into the arms of slip for a well made 45. A partnership followed that turned the game as Curran joined the patient Buttler and showed intent from the beginning striking at 50 and 60. Buttler started to look like the man to lead the team home but at 196-6 he nicked off to a beauty of a delivery from Davey. This wicket was hugely pleading as I felt like Davye had been setting me up with some in swingers in the previous couple of overs followed by a bouncer and then caught me out with a wider angle and lovely out swinger. Curran continued well whilst Bess really dropped anchor in a defiant display of batting after Tea as the ball wore on and it became easier to score. Just needing 19, Curran (56) was trapped lbw to the spinner thanks to poor judgement and lots of turn. Seeing Mark Wood come out to bat was terrifying as the new ball was taken and it was certainly like a day 4 new ball pitch where we couldn’t find a gap for a good 8 overs and were constantly beaten ticking the strike over at 1 and 2. With the new ball worn after half a dozen overs, I felt in a better position to cut and eke out the final runs shown in Bess’s 17 from 62. Wood helped with a flourish and it felt like Headinglry particularly when Curran was in as the field was spread and then bought back up. It also felt like Scotland’s inexperience was eventually held out at the end as we scraped home.

This was the tightest match and most enjoyable and thrilling match I’ve ever played and I thought it would be nice to share with you to keep the cricket spirits high. I was very impressed by the quality of the oppo as well as the AI’s tactics and scenario play throughout whilst also posting respectable totals and setting up my batsmen. I throughly enjoyed playing and hopefully that comes across in the photos and report. Despite some issues the game has that I can also agree with and sometimes get annoyed with, in general we have a high standard and level of game that I loved playing. Thank you.

EPIC EPIC!! Playing with Scotland and putting up a fight like that!! Wow, did you record? I'd like to watch if you did....love your blogsite by the way, very well put together.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
EPIC EPIC!! Playing with Scotland and putting up a fight like that!! Wow, did you record? I'd like to watch if you did....love your blogsite by the way, very well put together.

Hey mate thank you very much but are you sure you were looking at my blog haha. I only do it as a way of just writing about the Cricket 19 matches I play because it gives it a bit of context and also pretty sure my family are now uninterested in listening to stories of Sam Curran taking an eight fa versus Denmark. So I thought I would just write it up and let others know what’s going on if they are interested as they might be more intrigued and give more answers than : ok sure. I came to writing it because I found another blog site that are really loved reading and have tried to use them as inspiration for mine and just allow someone to read something for 10 minutes once in a while. I’m pretty slack with it and it does take a while for me to write them so I’m a bit far behind but that could change in the next few months. Glad you enjoyed reading it.

Back to the gameplay, I don’t record or video any of my matches mainly because I only play 1-2 hours at infrequent times of the day and when I can in the evening. I’ve resorted to writing about it more than recording it so I’m very sorry that you won’t be able to watch it. I wouldn’t know where to start with recording it or having equipment and quality and all of that video tech. It might be something I think about in the future but not right at this moment.

It was a really exciting game and I’m glad I could just scrape the win. The AI were remarkably incredible and tactical with their decisions something which I’ve seen in my current game. Thanks for the support buddy

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Hey mate thank you very much but are you sure you were looking at my blog haha. I only do it as a way of just writing about the Cricket 19 matches I play because it gives it a bit of context and also pretty sure my family are now uninterested in listening to stories of Sam Curran taking an eight fa versus Denmark. So I thought I would just write it up and let others know what’s going on if they are interested as they might be more intrigued and give more answers than : ok sure. I came to writing it because I found another blog site that are really loved reading and have tried to use them as inspiration for mine and just allow someone to read something for 10 minutes once in a while. I’m pretty slack with it and it does take a while for me to write them so I’m a bit far behind but that could change in the next few months. Glad you enjoyed reading it.

Back to the gameplay, I don’t record or video any of my matches mainly because I only play 1-2 hours at infrequent times of the day and when I can in the evening. I’ve resorted to writing about it more than recording it so I’m very sorry that you won’t be able to watch it. I wouldn’t know where to start with recording it or having equipment and quality and all of that video tech. It might be something I think about in the future but not right at this moment.

It was a really exciting game and I’m glad I could just scrape the win. The AI were remarkably incredible and tactical with their decisions something which I’ve seen in my current game. Thanks for the support buddy

Epic stuff! Well you inspired me to start a blog as well, i even use the same system you use (word press i believe is the name) but mine is just scorecards and documented tours.

I will start writing about it more, as you said its a good to have a 10 min read per day.

Cheers mate, looking forward to more stories.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Epic stuff! Well you inspired me to start a blog as well, i even use the same system you use (word press i believe is the name) but mine is just scorecards and documented tours.

I will start writing about it more, as you said its a good to have a 10 min read per day.

Cheers mate, looking forward to more stories.

Mate that is fantastic to hear. I believe you were the guy giving me 27 views a couple of days ago so thank you for that! I’m going to definitely come and check it out.

Hope you put a bit more care and love into than I do into mine but we are all different and if I had more time I would be focusing on the blog. Can’t wait to have a read of yours mate will be good to read fellow C19 players adventures.

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Windies Legends needing to win to stay in that Top 4 hunt! (Currently 6th) and the Indian Legends still WINLESS! a loss here will surely end their campaign for a semi final spot!

Sir Gordon Greenidge with a hero's effort, almost batting through, but retired hurt before the team could post a solid 170+

Sehwag and India got off to a solid start! Could Joel Garner, Malcolm Marshall and sir Curtly retrict them?? It was an Even contest from start to finish!

D

Dutch

Windies Legends needing to win to stay in that Top 4 hunt! (Currently 6th) and the Indian Legends still WINLESS! a loss here will surely end their campaign for a semi final spot!

Sir Gordon Greenidge with a hero's effort, almost batting through, but retired hurt before the team could post a solid 170+

Sehwag and India got off to a solid start! Could Joel Garner, Malcolm Marshall and sir Curtly retrict them?? It was an Even contest from start to finish!

Your posts have become much better and more interesting now you share a bit of narrative to your vids. Keep it up.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Your posts have become much better and more interesting now you share a bit of narrative to your vids. Keep it up.

It’s the blogging effect!

santana1026

Club Cricketer
It’s the blogging effect!
Thanks mates!!!

Appreciate the feedback!
And you're right! It is the BLogger effect Lol

I've been playing this game all quarantine! It's really helped me survive this cricketless world we live in!!

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do, and i hope you and your loved ones remain safe! much love, from a school boy cricketer!

santana1026

Club Cricketer
A early morning day game filled with LEGENDS!!

Windies legends with another MUST WIN! to keep that top 4 finish alive! With 1 more game to go after this! Faced the Sri Lanka greats!

It's Sanga VS Viv
Jayasuriya VS Marshall
And the main Event!!

LARA VS MURALI!

it did not disappoint! With the Prince of Trinidad taking 24 off one of Murali's over! On his way to a 24 Ball fifty!!

The fans surely got their moneys worth and the Windies Legend continue their dream run for a top 4 spot and chance to compete for the UNIVERSAL T20 CHAMPIONSHIPS next month against the top 4 ICC teams! [HASHTAG]#Rally[/HASHTAG]

santana1026

Club Cricketer
ICC POOL semi's of the Universal T20 qualifiers are set!

GAME 1 - AFGANISTAN VS NEW ZEALAND!

Afganistan with a Dream run so far this tornament, shook up the world by making the top 4!
Led by Rashid Khan, the #3 Ranked wicket taker (16) so far this tornament! And the Hard hitting opener Zaizai! (202 runs, Strike rate 146.3), find them selves 1 win away from making the final 2!

The Kiwis are no strangers to semi finals (nor finals), with Lords still fresh on their minds! They will use that experience to try and outfox the new comers for another big dance appearance!
Exciting match up! Enjoy!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Blocked the ball, middle of the bat. Given out lbw. Reviewed and apparently no bat, ball didn't even clip through the invisible bat bug. I got shafted lol.

ashes_2020_05_10_13_41_37_469.png

Screw you, you flog umpire lol:

ashes_2020_05_10_13_42_01_266.png

Users who are viewing this thread