Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Redfive

School Cricketer
Just had a stonking ODI between WI (me) and Pakistan. pro/med/med with ai timing and run rate tuned up a little.

I batted awfully, tried to go too big before batsmen were set and was bundled out for 100. Need more practice timing the spinners!

Thought I had a heavy defeat coming my way but some early wickets gave me hope and then Braithwaite scythed through the lower order to leave Pakistan 9 down needing 11 runs.

Loved the pressure of having to set fields to try to stop easy singles and take that last wicket. Eventually lost after an attempted Yorker was edged through point for 4.

Some great variety in dismissals (although vast majority edged behind) including a stunning catch from midwicket running round to a Malik pull shot and a couple of classic stump-uprooting bowleds.

One thing I've yet to see is an lbw when bowling, AI seems to get its bat to everything.

I need to find a sweet spot of difficulty (or get better) as on defaults I'm clearly better at bowling than batting. But after just half a dozen matches or so I'm seeing more variety, and situations that just feel like cricket, than I remember from previous titles. Loving it.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just had a stonking ODI between WI (me) and Pakistan. pro/med/med with ai timing and run rate tuned up a little.

I batted awfully, tried to go too big before batsmen were set and was bundled out for 100. Need more practice timing the spinners!

Thought I had a heavy defeat coming my way but some early wickets gave me hope and then Braithwaite scythed through the lower order to leave Pakistan 9 down needing 11 runs.

Loved the pressure of having to set fields to try to stop easy singles and take that last wicket. Eventually lost after an attempted Yorker was edged through point for 4.

Some great variety in dismissals (although vast majority edged behind) including a stunning catch from midwicket running round to a Malik pull shot and a couple of classic stump-uprooting bowleds.

One thing I've yet to see is an lbw when bowling, AI seems to get its bat to everything.

I need to find a sweet spot of difficulty (or get better) as on defaults I'm clearly better at bowling than batting. But after just half a dozen matches or so I'm seeing more variety, and situations that just feel like cricket, than I remember from previous titles. Loving it.
You won the match or not?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I’ve had quite a few lbws. I’ve been playing retro games with no drs so as well as genuine ones I get ones given that were missing and stonewall ones not given... all part of the fun.

In my current inns I had Tate out to one that was going miles over and Jardine given not out on 99 when absolutely plumb!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
What a turn around in my test match against Bangladesh. Having been bowled out for just 97 in their 1st innings they are now leading by 211 runs in their 2nd innings at the start of play on day 3 :eek:

The pattern for me so far is that the AI opposition bat much better in their second innings. I’m interested to see if this continues to be a theme.

4VEKBPg.jpg

Load FM

Club Captain
I feel like spin might be slightly over-powered from the gameplay I've experienced so far. The difference in AI batting approach when a spinner comes into the attack seems to be immense. I've started an Ashes series and the effect of spin very early on in the best was evident. I've attached my gameplay video below, to emphasise the difference between pace & spin bowling so far. I've noticed this in the early stages of career mode too:-

Having said that, it's a really enjoyable game and the realism of the crowd atmosphere/chants/etc has greatly improved for the two licensed sides. A very strong & enjoyable game, just as it's three predecessors were. I can see myself losing many, many hours to this one again!

Redfive

School Cricketer
I’ve had quite a few lbws. I’ve been playing retro games with no drs so as well as genuine ones I get ones given that were missing and stonewall ones not given... all part of the fun.

In my current inns I had Tate out to one that was going miles over and Jardine given not out on 99 when absolutely plumb!

I think the umpire 'accuracy' is spot on amongst all these sliders and variables. Get most right but a few wrong, especially close calls as you should expect.

First game I played, Lyon had Barstow given lbw, oh so satisfying to wipe the smug look off his mo-capped face when it was shown on review to have hit me just outside the line!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the umpire 'accuracy' is spot on amongst all these sliders and variables. Get most right but a few wrong, especially close calls as you should expect.

First game I played, Lyon had Barstow given lbw, oh so satisfying to wipe the smug look off his mo-capped face when it was shown on review to have hit me just outside the line!

Yep it adds so much. With DRS when you have overturn one or get one overturned it’s such a good feeling.

Conversely without drs it’s the same you can be frustrated at the wrong decisions but sometimes you’re on the right end of it too - that’s the cricket old farts like me grew up with!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well I could only manage 244 in Zimbabwe's 2nd innings which meant that Bangladesh won by 152 runs.

3nWN69x.jpg

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel like spin might be slightly over-powered from the gameplay I've experienced so far. The difference in AI batting approach when a spinner comes into the attack seems to be immense. I've started an Ashes series and the effect of spin very early on in the best was evident. I've attached my gameplay video below, to emphasise the difference between pace & spin bowling so far. I've noticed this in the early stages of career mode too:-

Having said that, it's a really enjoyable game and the realism of the crowd atmosphere/chants/etc has greatly improved for the two licensed sides. A very strong & enjoyable game, just as it's three predecessors were. I can see myself losing many, many hours to this one again!

your comentry is without taking any breath :lol:D

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A 10-wicket win for England (AI) in the first test of the 1928 series vs West Indies (me)

West Indies 216 in the first inns always looked a little light, although they put up a good fist bowling-wise until a big 9th wicket partnership between Jardine and Larwood took England into a lead of 155. Jardine's 115 was watchful at first and then really accelerated when left with the tail.

A disastrous afternoon session on the 3rd day saw West Indies crumble from 64/1 to 80/6, and from there on it was only a question of whether West Indies could avoid an innings defeat. A fighting 70 from Wilton St Hill helped them achieve that, but they could only set a cursory target of 39 which Sutcliffe and Hallows knocked off with no trouble.

B9kD7Gq.jpg

On to the 2nd test!

Load FM

Club Captain
your comentry is without taking any breath :lol:D

Haha, I'm used to doing videos for Football Manager, which requires talking throughout, so natural habit from that I guess! :lol

I've played the 2nd session of this first Ashes test now, continuing to see if the scoring rate & AI shot selection is realistic. I also see whether spin is still so dominant, after it was highlighted as a potential issue in the first session.

D

Deleted member 193590

Scorecard of the Ashes 1st test at lords.saved the game numerous times in the days playing it,couldn't see any pitch wear,but when the aussies came out to bat chasing 405 it was like a completely different wicket.Ball was zipping about everywhere had them 61 - 5 and they never recovered.
Fantastic game can't praise it highly enough.
D8yaZrcXkAEED21.jpeg

Redfive

School Cricketer
Scorecard of the Ashes 1st test at lords.saved the game numerous times in the days playing it,couldn't see any pitch wear,but when the aussies came out to bat chasing 405 it was like a completely different wicket.Ball was zipping about everywhere had them 61 - 5 and they never recovered.
Fantastic game can't praise it highly enough.
View attachment 222619

Not a bad match for Mr Stokes there!

Users who are viewing this thread