Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

D

Deleted member 193590

What difficulty settings have you got set up?

Pro with ai timing at 65
Wicket chance at 13,on the fourth day I raise to 25.
And when a tailender comes in I drop it to amateur.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just did a match with @Spoobir 2005 Teams, India v Australia. I was playing on Veteran, Hardest and Medium for AI, Batting and Bowling respectively! I actually got all our for 66 in around 20 overs. Australia easily chased this down, ODI March this one! I really need to get a good difficulty that suits me!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just did a match with @Spoobir 2005 Teams, India v Australia. I was playing on Veteran, Hardest and Medium for AI, Batting and Bowling respectively! I actually got all our for 66 in around 20 overs. Australia easily chased this down, ODI March this one! I really need to get a good difficulty that suits me!

I’ve found a fine balance in tests but struggle with anything shorter.

Reactions: DAP

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I'm currently about half way through the first day of a county match between Durham (me) and Lancashire. Bit of a surprise as I usually only play the shorter formats of the game....but must have 'mistakenly' chose the long form of the game. The first inkling of this was when I won the toss.....chose to bowl first on a green wicket....and saw the 3 slips and a gully stood next to my 'keeper.

Anyway.....instead of exiting the game I decided to crack on and continue playing. And what a great hour or so I've had playing the game. More realistic looking gameplay. Firstly thank you to the person whose Durham team that I downloaded that included a baldy/beardy Chris Rushworth in their team. Currently at the 55 overs mark and Lancs are 184 for 6......Keaton Jennings has batted well and is 108 NO. I've really enjoyed the game though.....some lovely keeper animations and it's great to see him throw the ball to the slips after taking a delivery. Some lovely play and misses from the batsmen...and also some nice leave the ball too. Run rate currently 3.38. Had a few close LBW shouts......losing both my reviews to 2 nailed on LBWs....unfortunately edgeo/snicko showed bat before pad!

Toiling away with fasties and seamers...decided to try spin at both ends with Smith and Steel.....and they've snaffled a few crucial wickets....all bowled. I've found a fielding setting that I like but no matter how I try to find out what it is.....I can't...any ideas how I can do this? I'm absolutely loving the (longer format) of the game.

Not certain but I think the settings I have are Pro for AI and medium for bowling/batting and fielding for me. With 'normal' settings for ball physics/bounce/ outfield speed stuff.

azkhan

Associate Captain
So this game got cut down to 31 overs a side (India went off twice in their innings for rain) but I don't get why I only needed 180 to win?:lol

If you think that’s funny I am not sure what happened to my game. After a few rain delays the match was reduced to 41 overs and the opposition made 238. When I batted I was given 41 overs to get 25 runs?????

Load FM

Club Captain
After really struggling with the bat against the new ball at test level, I've continued to try and rebuild an innings with England in an Ashes test. I've found it far easier to score easy runs against spin too, mainly due to the fields being set. Hopefully normality is restored for the rest of day two!

Set Up Shop

Banned
Scorecard of the Ashes 1st test at lords.saved the game numerous times in the days playing it,couldn't see any pitch wear,but when the aussies came out to bat chasing 405 it was like a completely different wicket.Ball was zipping about everywhere had them 61 - 5 and they never recovered.
Fantastic game can't praise it highly enough.
View attachment 222619

Are you guys all playing out your matches (batting and bowling) or simulating?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm playing a 3-match test series with 2 of my custom created sides. These are the Barbarians (some of the best players never to play a test match) vs England's Worst XI 1990s (the worst players I recall playing for England in that dire decade).

I've set the Barbarians as an International side so this counts as a proper "Test", and I am playing the default Test match-type. I am playing as the Barbarians, with the AI as England.

England win the toss, and captain Chris Adams looks at the grassy Durham wicket, the grey northern clouds and says "we'll have a bat". What could go wrong?

Quite a lot in fact...

Skittled for 82 mid-way through the afternoon session, Adams then gets to see something that would have been very familiar to Gooch, Atherton, Stewart and Hussain - a pitch that looked a minefield when batting looks anything but when England's attack gets the ball in their hands. Langridge and Trimble seeing out the rest of the session with no alarm.

Slowly but surely though, England begin to make breakthroughs, and the Barbarians stumble from 98/1 to 182 all out. Perhaps there's a reason these guys never played a test after all?

Starting the 2nd inns exactly 100 behind just before lunch on day 2, England needed a good start... did they get it?

They did not. But at least the recovery from 66/6 to 155 all out meant that Barbarians would have to bat again. They did, and knocked off the runs for the loss of 2 wickets to claim an 8-wicket victory.

At the end of the match, England were faced with the remarkable statistic that amongst their entire team there are only 2 test 50s, and they both belong to Ian Salisbury - his 2nd inns 55 instrumental in making Barbarians bat again, and eclipsing Langridge's first inns 51 as the highest individual score of the match.

Charles Kortright picks up the MOM for backing up his fantastic first inns 4-25 with a 2nd inns 4-48, match figures of 8-73. Clive Rice (match figs 4-21) and Rajinder Goel (match figs 4-26) will be happy with their bowling performance, whereas on the batting side only Langridge (51 and 31) will be satisified, although Hildreth's 2nd inns 13* to go with his first inns 27 at least gives him a test average of 40! An oddly toothless Garth Le Roux (2-76 in the match) will want to improve in the 2nd test with bowlers of the quality of Vince van der Bijl, Bart King and Don Shepherd waiting in the wings.

Batsmen on both sides will be hoping for better conditions in the next game.

Load FM

Club Captain
I've finally started scoring some runs against the seamers with England in an Ashes test scenario. It does the attributes play more of a part in this game, with us finding it much easier to score and connect with the middle of the bat when playing as Joe Root, Ben Stokes, etc. We struggled earlier on in the series with poorer opening batsmen. However, I don't see the fields learning and adapting too quickly to our strengths, so it will be interesting to see how the evening session plays out with two set batsmen at the crease.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
2nd Test match, England Worst XI 90s (AI) vs Barbarians (Me).

Chris Adams wins the toss, looks at the flat dry pitch and says "yep, we'll have a bowl".

Barbarians make a decent start, but it's tough going with a very slow Sofia Gardens outfield. The pattern of the first test of players making starts but not going on re-establishes itself, and twice they lose 2 wickets in close succession (55/2 and 57/3, 106/4 and 111/5), but then a captain's innings from Clive Rice, ably supported by Darren Berry shuts the door on England with a partnership of 134. Rice shows his team how to go big with an unbeaten century, and Berry is denied a maiden test 50 when he's befuddled by an excellent slower-ball by Igglesden and pops up a simple return catch. Stephenson shares an unbroken 50 partnership with his captain, as Barbarians close day one on 301/6 - Rice 124* and Stephenson 18*, the partnership 56* overnight.

0BhAfnI.jpg

Main positive for England? Gavin Hamilton now has not one but TWO test-wickets.

D0YL1zw.jpg

And Rice thinks he'd be on 180 on a normal outfield.

5P0opYU.jpg

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had the craziest match, all was lost for India, with Bracewell and Santner taking NZ home. Suddenly Bumrah gets two in two, he actually did get a hat-trick, given not out by the umpire and no reviews left. Probably would have been an achievement. Alas, it was not be. Super Realistic!
Veteran, Hard, Medium, Medium
FC6A4CA5-5578-477D-ADF3-51641EC9F74D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread