NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This years IPL has had some amazing matches, although the viewers rating are decreasing again through television but Internet viewers rating are just too high plus seeing good crowd I would call this IPL a hit after last years disaster.

But the thing that is really stupid is Scheduling. I know there were elections in Delhi and some changes were made but two teams play back to back matches is really stupid.

First KKR and Kings XI did that where first they played at Kolkata then after a day played at Punjab

Then Pune and Kings did that too and now Delhi vs Pune and KKR vs Deccan.

Delhi and Pune again will again play on 24th and KKR and Deccan again on 24th. Its just get up go to airport with the same team and then play against the same team. Really stupid and I feel this is the main reason for viewership decrease.

EDIT - Even Kings XI play their next match against Mumbai.. This is really stupid man!! :rolleyes :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When did the IPL give concern to scheduling? Its just an random exercise done at the auction where the owners pick a ball from the bag and the schedule is drawn up. All they want is people turning up to the ground, and people tuning into the games, and the money that comes with it.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
in ipl 1 we had a very good scheduling were the first 7 matches you have to play against 7 different teams.but after that we had this kind of scheduling .this schedule fails :rolleyes

PaddleSweeper

School Cricketer
I do understand that playing back-to-back matches is difficult to fathom. But we need to understand how difficult scheduling generally is for a tournament of this nature.

There are so many different variables involved here - nine teams, 25-30 players each, getting the broadcasting equipment around (which would weigh many 100 tons), ensuring every team has a similar pattern of breaks and successive matches, getting the more glamorous teams to play more at night (dictated by the broadcaster), elections (as mentioned above) and cramping all this in a matter of 50 days.

So I think we got to give it to them in terms of scheduling. Plus, I don't mind seeing a bit of mini-series so to say, Pune beat Delhi and the Daredevils had an immediate chance to avenge their defeat (which they did!). So, not so bad after all!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
This title is synonymous with Deccan Chargers.

Taking all the different variables into consideration as said, they've been screwed greatly. I mean they had nearly 1 week off before they played their 3rd game.

Not moaning.

PaddleSweeper

School Cricketer
This title is synonymous with Deccan Chargers.

Taking all the different variables into consideration as said, they've been screwed greatly. I mean they had nearly 1 week off before they played their 3rd game.

Not moaning.

Yeah I guess Deccan Chargers would have been happier with a game quickly after the first two matches - the long break did not do them good.

Sad to see them almost drop out of the race. They need a string of 3-4 wins to make some comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread