India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got 3 runouts today in one test match innings between NZ and Pak

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Aye I tend to quit the game so it doesn't save if I get a duff run out. Can be pretty irritating if you get a few.

was funny when Salim Malik was run out without facing yesterday though... couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke.

D

Deleted member 185125

We should go back to when run outs were rare. Far too much now and stupid ones
I hope they can get it patched. Or probably they have 'runout' of time since they might've shifted focus on to the new game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I hope they can get it patched. Or probably they have 'runout' of time since they might've shifted focus on to the new game.

It seems there’s a difficulty in getting the balance right between the AI being willing to take runs and getting silly run outs.

It is perhaps forgotten but in the early builds of c19 the AI would routinely turn down easy singles, and almost never get run out. I actually have a video from July 2019 posted precisely to show that the AI did sometimes get run out...

At this time it was very common for the AI to hit the ball to fine leg and not run. Run outs were very rare.

Obviously in making the AI more likely to take runs they’ve gone a little too far. Most of my run outs seem to be in regards to taking a third run, maybe there’s a way to narrow the problem and look at the third run logic only.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
It seems there’s a difficulty in getting the balance right between the AI being willing to take runs and getting silly run outs.

It is perhaps forgotten but in the early builds of c19 the AI would routinely turn down easy singles, and almost never get run out. I actually have a video from July 2019 posted precisely to show that the AI did sometimes get run out...

At this time it was very common for the AI to hit the ball to fine leg and not run. Run outs were very rare.

Obviously in making the AI more likely to take runs they’ve gone a little too far. Most of my run outs seem to be in regards to taking a third run, maybe there’s a way to narrow the problem and look at the third run logic only.

Taking a 3rd is where I get them. They chance the arm of my deep backward square and always end up losing. Had at least six in two innings recently.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Taking a 3rd is where I get them. They chance the arm of my deep backward square and always end up losing. Had at least six in two innings recently.

yep nearly all mine are on 3rd runs, and the majority of those where a back foot shot means the striker is slow taking off

D

Deleted member 185125

I tried reducing AI runrate but didn't help. The only way forward would be a patch from BA.
Lack of AI sixes in limited overs is another issue which I am facing, not sure if there is any workaround for this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I tried reducing AI runrate but didn't help. The only way forward would be a patch from BA.
Lack of AI sixes in limited overs is another issue which I am facing, not sure if there is any workaround for this.

Had the AI run out Vinod Kambli for 99... felt too cruel so I restarted

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Not sure if it's been mentioned before in this thread.

I would love to see, historical records ala Cricket Captian series. It's always fun to play a county or country and try to break historical records with parternships and other records.

Also, I would love to see a coach mode, where again like the Cricket Captian series you start as a coach of a domestic\county\t20 team, and hire players and eventually if you are good enough you get hired as an international coach.

One more is a custom draft mode for t20 leagues, so that you can set up diffrenet leagues and Draft players against A.I

Cpl-Tabouli

School Cricketer
My suggestion would be to improve the crowd sound effects when playing around the world.

Shane Warne / Brian Lara Cricket 99 had different types of crowds:

- Australian / NZ / South Africa: Mexican waves, crowd cheering, similar to crowd noise now
- England / Ireland: Chanting / Polite clapping / cheering.
- India / Pakistan / Afghanistan: Fanatical screaming and cheering.
- Sri Lanka, West Indies: Trumpets, drums, crowds cheering etc.

Adds a bit more depth. In stadium creator when you assign the stadium to a country the crowd file could match?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If a players "fielding glasses" in the academy have opacity <10, let them bowl in them. Or have a "bowl in glasses" flag. See below, Kumble looking perfect for 1993 fielding in glasses, and not so perfect bowling without glasses.

pW2LFQU.jpg

0kENtQv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread