Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
So as far as I can tell it only works with certain types of glasses, from about #8 onwards,basically the frames that look like glasses rather than sunglasses.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So as far as I can tell it only works with certain types of glasses, from about #8 onwards,basically the frames that look like glasses rather than sunglasses.

The ones I’m using I guess are more “aviator” so look like sunglasses? I dunno.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
The ones I’m using I guess are more “aviator” so look like sunglasses? I dunno.

Aye I think the game classes those ones as sunglasses rather than glasses. It's weird. I only thought about it when you mentioned him not wearing glasses, because I was sure my Dan Vettori did.

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
Ray tracing with the frostbite engine would bring the game to next gen.

Lots more motion capture, smoother more realistic player movement. Wider range of shots.

I was thinking with the bowling mechanics, perhaps allowing free roaming so being able to control the bowler like it is a fielder. Could be added bits like R1 to sprint for an effort ball. Being able to mankad instead etc. This in pro cam mode would be very immersive. At the moment I don't like all this button timing, needs to be more fluid, more interaction and less waiting.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ray tracing with the frostbite engine would bring the game to next gen.

Lots more motion capture, smoother more realistic player movement. Wider range of shots.

I was thinking with the bowling mechanics, perhaps allowing free roaming so being able to control the bowler like it is a fielder. Could be added bits like R1 to sprint for an effort ball. Being able to mankad instead etc. This in pro cam mode would be very immersive. At the moment I don't like all this button timing, needs to be more fluid, more interaction and less waiting.
Nah. Frostbite is still a stiff and unintuitive game engine and I know you're referring to FIFA, players are still stiff and lifeless but I guess hair moves now so... cool. Plus frostbite is under an EA proprietor so unless you're a studio under the EA umbrella you can't use it.

Honestly I don't see what benefit real time reflections would have on a game based on a grassy field. This isn't cyberpunk. I get what you are saying, a sexier game with more animations but as we've seen countless posts here, the expectations of having a EA or 2K type game are un-realistic. But I do agree we really need more fluidity in animations and more of them. But this is a limitation as I feel they are catering to a lot of our sub continent friends who may not have a PC to handle it (not having a go btw.) Plus hdd, well ssd, space on consoles is still moronically low.

In terms of "button timing" are you playing classic controls or that button based one? Because I can say with full confidence, classic controls are very good and its the most responsive cricket game out there.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
A couple points on stats:

1) 12th man selection should not count as an appearance.
2) please either provide a single click option to reset all stats for a particular match type, or if setting appearances for a match type to 0, set all stats for that type to 0
So that's why it shows Tuffers ad having played 5 matches. Makes sense.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Unreal engine ?
While unreal engine is great, its notorious to mod, but with Big Ant they do bake in moddable ways to do things in their game. But unreal is also very strict in terms of custom assets not from developers so I'm not sure how things like teams, faces, uniforms etc would go down.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
While unreal engine is great, its notorious to mod, but with Big Ant they do bake in moddable ways to do things in their game. But unreal is also very strict in terms of custom assets not from developers so I'm not sure how things like teams, faces, uniforms etc would go down.
So what would be the "Game Engine" we would see in Cricket-21 from Bigants ? Any Guesses ? What Game Engine was used with Cricket-19 ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
So what would be the "Game Engine" we would see in Cricket-21 from Bigants ? Any Guesses ? What Game Engine was used with Cricket-19 ?
Not sure what its called but they built their own engine from the ground up in DBC 14 and continually modified it through each iteration. Personally, I'm with Jerm, Unreal Engine is awesome, but a few factors hold it back (as mentioned earlier), namely, steam take 30% publisher revenue and another 10% on that for Unreal - hence why its probably not tangible to use it without moving to the Epic Store (which I despise). I think they'll just keep working on the engine they have now, or perhaps build from the ground up again (not sure if two years is enough time though).

I think the biggest improvements visually I would like to see is lighting, menu lighting is way better than in-game, and skyboxes. Secondary, more animated faces, accuracy is great but they're so lifeless.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure what its called but they built their own engine from the ground up in DBC 14 and continually modified it through each iteration. Personally, I'm with Jerm, Unreal Engine is awesome, but a few factors hold it back (as mentioned earlier), namely, steam take 30% publisher revenue and another 10% on that for Unreal - hence why its probably not tangible to use it without moving to the Epic Store (which I despise). I think they'll just keep working on the engine they have now, or perhaps build from the ground up again (not sure if two years is enough time though).

I think the biggest improvements visually I would like to see is lighting, menu lighting is way better than in-game, and skyboxes. Secondary, more animated faces, accuracy is great but they're so lifeless.
yes i agree .. but i wish if they gets an Unreal Engine for this upcoming game it would be a game changer overall ... any games quality will depend on what game engine is used so BA should look up on what possibilities they can bring forward with competition with Sports games developers .

Users who are viewing this thread