Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No takers for unity? :lol
Unity isn't as bad these days, apart from being an unnecessary resource hog lol.
Post automatically merged:

yes i agree .. but i wish if they gets an Unreal Engine for this upcoming game it would be a game changer overall ... any games quality will depend on what game engine is used so BA should look up on what possibilities they can bring forward with competition with Sports games developers .
If they do go down the Unreal route, then don't look for the next game on Steam. And there is zero chance I'll be using the shit show that is the epic store.

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
Nah. Frostbite is still a stiff and unintuitive game engine and I know you're referring to FIFA, players are still stiff and lifeless but I guess hair moves now so... cool. Plus frostbite is under an EA proprietor so unless you're a studio under the EA umbrella you can't use it.

Honestly I don't see what benefit real time reflections would have on a game based on a grassy field. This isn't cyberpunk. I get what you are saying, a sexier game with more animations but as we've seen countless posts here, the expectations of having a EA or 2K type game are un-realistic. But I do agree we really need more fluidity in animations and more of them. But this is a limitation as I feel they are catering to a lot of our sub continent friends who may not have a PC to handle it (not having a go btw.) Plus hdd, well ssd, space on consoles is still moronically low.

In terms of "button timing" are you playing classic controls or that button based one? Because I can say with full confidence, classic controls are very good and its the most responsive cricket game out there.

Yeah fair enough, just throwing some ideas in the mix. Just want the players to move more naturally. I wouldn't exactly know how to achieve that but there must be a way without using another engine?

I'm sure BA are planning a graphical overhaul for a next gen release so hopefully see some progress there. Just imagine more realistic player movement in a ray traced 4k rich stadium environment which brings me to my next suggestion, better audio!

As in different crowd audio depending on the stadium so in Lords it would be a clap for a four or a vuvuzelas in a Caribbean match or the loud noise from a sub continent match. I remember Brian Lara cricket being really good at this. More player chatter, better commentary better stadium ambiance. Should be easy enough to do right? Just record the crowds from matches from youtube maybe? Not sure of the process but thats my take on it :D

Also I am struggling to understand why ICC together with the boards haven't given a license to BA for real players? Its literally free publicity and seeing as there is nothing else out there its a no brainer.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah fair enough, just throwing some ideas in the mix. Just want the players to move more naturally. I wouldn't exactly know how to achieve that but there must be a way without using another engine?

I'm sure BA are planning a graphical overhaul for a next gen release so hopefully see some progress there. Just imagine more realistic player movement in a ray traced 4k rich stadium environment which brings me to my next suggestion, better audio!

As in different crowd audio depending on the stadium so in Lords it would be a clap for a four or a vuvuzelas in a Caribbean match or the loud noise from a sub continent match. I remember Brian Lara cricket being really good at this. More player chatter, better commentary better stadium ambiance. Should be easy enough to do right? Just record the crowds from matches from youtube maybe? Not sure of the process but thats my take on it :D

Also I am struggling to understand why ICC together with the boards haven't given a license to BA for real players? Its literally free publicity and seeing as there is nothing else out there its a no brainer.
In regards to cricket licences, its a common misconception that ICC could grant everything. Permission from the ICC would allow official tournaments (name of tournament and trophies), and umpires. In terms of countries, you have to deal with every board individually, hence why its a hard thing. And every country has a different licence structure. For example: Cricket Australia has an umbrella licence, ie: if you obtain the rights you get sponsors, from foxtel to reebok, bats, uniforms, etc. In terms of stadiums, I'm not too sure. In Australia, you have to go to each stadium's board members and negotiate with them, not sure how it is for other countries.

Some other countries you have to go to each sponsor individually which would take a monumental time to achieve. Personally I feel the ICC should change things and do something similar to CA and have an umbrella type of licencing for all countries. But even if that were the case, due to Covid I don't think BA could do anything about player faces from other countries anyway. That's my basic understanding of the licencing in cricket anyway.

Overall, to make it simple the ICC are as much a bunch of sticks in the mud than english county team boards, simply refuse to get with the times.

I do agree sound needs some massive work, its ridiculous when I'm playing a sub continent game and I hear Australian crowds lol.

Dan's leg spin

Club Captain
Remember in the DB series when the AI would appeal for caught behind when the ball was close to the edge of the bat and you'd sometimes be given out?

I haven't noticed that stuff happening in the last 2 titles.

Also like to see them bring back judgement and strength as something we can set for players & in addition, perhaps a DRS judgement which would make some players worse at calling for DRS correctly. Paine would be 2 blocks out of 5 for DRS judgement!

Hambones

School Cricketer
Hello all. First time posting.

One easy tweak would be a section in Career mode that track accomplishments a bit better. Haven't got far enough with Domestic/International but over a few seasons in club cricket won a number of competitions but there is nothing. Nowhere does it record that my player has won multiple trophies.

Not sure if this changes in higher levels but it didn't in the old games.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Remember in the DB series when the AI would appeal for caught behind when the ball was close to the edge of the bat and you'd sometimes be given out?

I haven't noticed that stuff happening in the last 2 titles.

Also like to see them bring back judgement and strength as something we can set for players & in addition, perhaps a DRS judgement which would make some players worse at calling for DRS correctly. Paine would be 2 blocks out of 5 for DRS judgement!

Perhaps if you use an umpire with bad edge call skills it would happen, not sure.

On that note, we also need edges that we can't hear or sound very similar to hitting the bat when it hits the pad, at times. Or bat hitting the ground sound is similar to ball hitting bat. Always can hear the noise otherwise. I've had a few that have hit pad then bat, that was neat.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In regards to cricket licences, its a common misconception that ICC could grant everything. Permission from the ICC would allow official tournaments (name of tournament and trophies), and umpires. In terms of countries, you have to deal with every board individually, hence why its a hard thing. And every country has a different licence structure. For example: Cricket Australia has an umbrella licence, ie: if you obtain the rights you get sponsors, from foxtel to reebok, bats, uniforms, etc. In terms of stadiums, I'm not too sure. In Australia, you have to go to each stadium's board members and negotiate with them, not sure how it is for other countries.

Some other countries you have to go to each sponsor individually which would take a monumental time to achieve. Personally I feel the ICC should change things and do something similar to CA and have an umbrella type of licencing for all countries. But even if that were the case, due to Covid I don't think BA could do anything about player faces from other countries anyway. That's my basic understanding of the licencing in cricket anyway.

Overall, to make it simple the ICC are as much a bunch of sticks in the mud than english county team boards, simply refuse to get with the times.

I do agree sound needs some massive work, its ridiculous when I'm playing a sub continent game and I hear Australian crowds lol.
Don’t know if I’m remembering this correctly but believe for earlier games (Ricky Ponting cricket) an icc license allows the use of player and team likenesses in icc sanctioned tournaments without having to gain each boards approval singularly ie. 2003 World Cup and 2001 champions trophy were fully licensed. Perhaps an icc license would cover the world test championship and World Cup although I still don’t see it happening

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Don’t know if I’m remembering this correctly but believe for earlier games (Ricky Ponting cricket) an icc license allows the use of player and team likenesses in icc sanctioned tournaments without having to gain each boards approval singularly ie. 2003 World Cup and 2001 champions trophy were fully licensed. Perhaps an icc license would cover the world test championship and World Cup although I still don’t see it happening
Ahh ricky ponting cricket. Glenn McGrith, Jason Giuseppe were standouts lol.

Good point you raised though, I just think the way the BCCI handle themselves and play stand over men on the ICC (not to mention their straight up bully tactics on youtubers) these days compared to 15 years ago, nothing licence wise will happen for quite some time. I still hold out hope for New Zealand and maybe Pakistan in the next game, but that's wishful thinking at best.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ahh ricky ponting cricket. Glenn McGrith, Jason Giuseppe were standouts lol.

Good point you raised though, I just think the way the BCCI handle themselves and play stand over men on the ICC (not to mention their straight up bully tactics on youtubers) these days compared to 15 years ago, nothing licence wise will happen for quite some time. I still hold out hope for New Zealand and maybe Pakistan in the next game, but that's wishful thinking at best.
Agreed. The other side of it though is that in the long run it’s almost better being unlicensed as players and kits can be updated over time, more stadiums and face scans would be nice though

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Agreed. The other side of it though is that in the long run it’s almost better being unlicensed as players and kits can be updated over time, more stadiums and face scans would be nice though
That's my biggest thing on that front, more custom made stadiums by Big Ant. Don't get me wrong its cool that Coff's Harbour is in there, but I rarely use it.

estmsm

Club Captain
Kindly increase the animations speed of bowlers and batsmen to match it with real cricket. Or there should be an option to increase it.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like playing the tour mode and I think it would be good instead of having the whole roster of players available to you that you can select squads of 15 or 17 players for each of the formats that your going to play. Plus with this you could select players from the domestic leagues that aren't in the international team roster. I know they have do this with the world cup mode on the current game, there was also something similar to what I'm trying to explain on cricket 07.

Also i would like to see injuries have more of an impact, as you could have a player injured in a test match which could put them on the sideline for 4 weeks but their completely fine for the next match which is a few days after the match the got injured. Again this is more towards tour mode an the competition mode.
A point I would like to add to this is to be able to add/remove players in the tour party mid tour, also to allow the ai to do the same. This would help if you ended up having and influx of injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread