Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

macman

School Cricketer
My requests are more cosmetic....

- Make the green/orange scorecard look more modern. Use a font that makes the scoreboard look digital and ditch the green/orange colours.
- An option in all game modes where you can select how full the stadiums are...
- ...but less spectators in the crowd wearing the teams colours
- more natural AI run outs, especially in T20 etc (unless i'm just rubbish at it)
- make the catching option (left stick into circle, then press button) a lot faster - it really slows the game down
- much more 'logo' space so we can download ALL custom teams if we want to without getting 'Logo database full'...
- ...and linking teams to their respective downloads so if you want to delete a team, the logos get deleted too to free up space.
- commentary thats not from 1999 (pretty sure thats been mentioned).
- when getting a wicket, there is little crowd noise/excitement from players. All seems very subdued.
- make the overlay at the bottom of the screen more classier (the Hundred overlay is good!)
- let the umpires have better kit options, rather than generic colours, vary their design styles a bit to give them some character.
- more authentic looking stadiums. The options we have are great, but they do look cartoony, too vibrant in colour, and 'last gen' at times.
- flame blasters in T20 games for 4s and 6s.

LEFF

Club Captain
i had a thought about stamina/confidence of bowlers based on 'planning'. e.g if you choose a new bowler to come on but planned for 3 or 4 overs away- it gives that bowler time to warm up and therefore ready to bowl better/ sooner in their spell. So in basic terms... your bowler will have a full green bar as of their first delivery... as opposed to if you choose your change of bowler at the start of the over then it wont give you that added benefit of extra confidence.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i had a thought about stamina/confidence of bowlers based on 'planning'. e.g if you choose a new bowler to come on but planned for 3 or 4 overs away- it gives that bowler time to warm up and therefore ready to bowl better/ sooner in their spell. So in basic terms... your bowler will have a full green bar as of their first delivery... as opposed to if you choose your change of bowler at the start of the over then it wont give you that added benefit of extra confidence.

That bowler will still a fielder , how come be back ?

There should option to send bowler to go outfield and 12th person comes to field to gain the stamina back

chiefdave

School Cricketer
I really hope there is a new game in the corners.
Ali Mitchell posted on her Insta that she was working on a new project earlier in the week. Was recording hundreds of cricketers names

Maybe a hint something is in the works. Could be completely unrelated of course.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Apologies, I am bringing this again..These style of pads should be added and also 2 straps Puma batting pads.Morrant.jpg
Screenshot_20210907_170325.jpg

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I may have mentioned this earlier but have a live fixture calendar with updated teams if the game has started and option of realistic weather that is at the venue so we can play any of the games of the day at just a click.

Zhish

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm hoping for a big improvement in the academy in terms of creating player likenesses.
I found it easy on dbc14 to create players that looked pretty similar to real players, celebrities, etc. But I've found it harder with Ashes cricket, and harder again with cricket 19, especially hair styles and colours.
It could just be that I don't know how to use the system well enough, but it seems like a although the dbc14 graphics were slightly more...cartoony?...I could create better characters. I miss that and is a big reason why I've only used cricket 19 on game pass and not bought it outright.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Do BA read this forum? If not this is a complete waste of time what I'm about to do...

Improvements to make:

1: conditions should affect the course of the match. Different parts of the world should play differently and therefore require a different team selection. The weather is not 37° and sunny for 5 days at Old Trafford. Ever.

2: the ball, and the pitch should deteriorate as the match goes on. I can hit a ball for 4 just as easily in the first morning of a test with a new ball as I can on day 5 with an old ball. Also, as a sub-point, tests should go into the 5th day more. Regardless of the run rate slider I always find that a test can be done inside 3 days and that's with 4 decent totals posted. The match is allowed to lose time to rain too you know...

3: if I'm playing a test in India, I want to feel that I'm playing there. The crowd noise on C19 is the same whether you're at Lords or Lahore. Different parts of the world have different atmospheres in the ground. I play career and if I'm on a tour to India it feels flat as the ground plays the same as anywhere else, as it makes no difference if you go in with 4 seamers or 4 spinners and it sounds the same as everywhere else. I'm no programmer but I can't imagine it's that tough to pump in different sounds, make the players fatigue quicker and make the ball and pitch play differently in different stadiums.

4: AI tactics. When fielding they should target a new batsman. They shouldn't change the field for every ball. They shouldn't set an off side field then bowl around the wicket. It's basic stuff really. When batting they should target struggling bowlers and have scoring areas rather than simply blocking 5 balls then putting the 6th to the ropes wherever you bowl..

There are plenty more points that could be addressed like AI fielding, more varied forms of dismissal etc and for me this should all be prioritised over securing the CPL license or adding extra commentators. We don't want to go down the fifa route of style over substance.

Users who are viewing this thread