Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:cool:

Ok guys, this thread is where you should place any suggestions for the game, ideas to improve it etc. Place any wishlist type stuff here, even crazy stuff you think i'd never put in, because after the game is released I will working to add updates and patches etc, to keep improving it.

LM

Last edited by a moderator:

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Well, I'll start it off with my dream. If this is a management game, I would love to see an option where you could start with completely randomly generated players.

Also, if you could use your imagination to bring in things such as match-fixing, anabolic steroid-taking, and maybe a bit of Afridi's groundskeeping skills, I'd be interested.

Instead of having the umpire simply say "not out" I'd love to see him **** himself laughing at the person appealing, like many umpires would be tempted to when umpiring Warney.

They're just a few ideas, I'll see if I can think of more some time

legend_master

Tassie, it's not a management game....

but there will be a career mode, so there will be some kind of managerial aspects there, but by and large it will be a 3d playable sim.

LM

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Yeah it was those managerial aspects i was referring to, i've seen the screenies and noticed it is 3d, loving your work too.

Also the cheeky flick over the keepers head...always wanted to see it in a game.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Many will say , gameplay is most important, but remember, Graphics is as important as Gameplay. Take ur time to develop the game and do not leave any aspects in graphics, nor in the GUI, nor in presentation.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hmm...I have a lot, but I'll start with a few:

1) Ever played EA Cricket 2000? I loved it-mainly for the styles of shots. Time it well, you can get 4 without slogging. But time it lae or early-you don't neccesarily get out. It just makes the ball go in a different direction. Play the wrong line, then you are out. Could you do that?

2)Career mode-can we set the pace at which we bowl at, so you know, all Med Fast don't have the same pace, all Med don't have the same pace, etc?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Important things for me would be:

1. Almost exact pacing by CPU AI depending on the target set for them (or for target set by them!). It should be like the CPU adopts a different approach for a target of below 100, 100-125, 125-150, and so on in increments of 25 runs (or even 20 runs)! That would make it more realistic!

2. Ball physics changing depending on the conditions (prodigious turn on Indian dustbowls!), great seam movement on SA and AUS wickets, great swing in England and so on

3. More differentiation between wickets. For e.g. there are some Indian wickets where its hard to start with with some greenish tinge and then as the match progresses, it assists spinners. It should not be like Hard or Normal wickets are boring for spinners to bowl with!

legend_master

Great feedback here so far...keep it up...

just to answer a couple...

>Many will say , gameplay is most important, but remember, Graphics is as important as Gameplay. Take ur time to develop the game and do not leave any aspects in graphics, nor in the GUI, nor in presentation.

Das,

you are right, please dont think i am going to exclude graphics altogether ;) i just want to make the point that gameplay is more important than graphics, but yeah graphics are still important. I guess i'm saying my graphics most likely wont stand up to EA, but they will still be really good quality...it's very hard to compete against them on the resources front (especially when i'm on a zero budget :(

>1) Ever played EA Cricket 2000? I loved it-mainly for the styles of shots. Time it well, you can get 4 without slogging. But time it lae or early-you don't neccesarily get out. It just makes the ball go in a different direction. Play the wrong line, then you are out. >Could you do that?

damn, i can't remember 2000...will have to try and play it somehow so i know what you mean exactly....

>2)Career mode-can we set the pace at which we bowl at, so you know, all Med Fast don't have the same pace, all Med don't have the same pace, etc?

* every bowler will have different speed ratings, so yes, Brett Lee will be super fast compared to medium pacers and you will know it ;) All these values / stats will be editable also.

>1. Almost exact pacing by CPU AI depending on the target set for them (or for target set by them!). It should be like the CPU adopts a different approach for a target of below 100, 100-125, 125-150, and so on in increments of 25 runs (or even 20 runs)! >That would make it more realistic!

yes, there will be something like this - the AI will be adaptive

>2. Ball physics changing depending on the conditions (prodigious turn on Indian dustbowls!), great seam movement on SA and AUS wickets, great swing in England and so on

yes, this will be implemented definately

>3. More differentiation between wickets. For e.g. there are some Indian wickets where its hard to start with with some greenish tinge and then as the match progresses, it assists spinners. It should not be like Hard or Normal wickets are boring for spinners >to bowl with!

yep - see point 2 reply

LM

rickyp

International Coach
Have an option in career mode where you only bat for one player (your created player) you could start of at club level and fight age, injury and crap selectors to make it to the national team. - soz but thats my dream in a cricket game

International Coach
their should be an option to bowl a beamer.

langerrox

International Coach
God if we can i am bowling so many beamers at KP, Hoggy and Fatso Flintoff

tassietiger

International Cricketer
langerrox said:
God if we can i am bowling so many beamers at KP, Hoggy and Fatso Flintoff
And we can see the batsmen walk off crying retired hurt...suppose it won't be any different for Giles and Vaughan, they look like they're crying non-stop anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread