Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ Something to think upon. What I understand is, apart from aiming you want an execution meter too. Good.

The key here being, non-perfect execution by bowler will not mean that the same ball will be easy to hit(larger timing bar for batsman - aka Ashes 09 style) instead it will be bowled differently all together, which in my opinion is more realistic. A yoker can turn into a low-full toss or a half volley.

Great idea indeed kunal! :)

Sheehani

School Cricketer
^ Not every batsman(Sehwag for e.g.) gets nervous in nineties, so I don't think its feasible.

Yeah I know that so they would have better ratings in this stat and it will effect them less, as I said.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
^ Another interesting point. Every batter can have a stat stating their nervousness. Ponting has it high when he starts, Sehwag has none. Sachin has medium. Something of that sort. It will definately add another level of realism. :clap

EDIT: Watson has max when in 90s. :p

kunalverma25

School Cricketer
Apart from the execution meter for bowling......
It also has to be in fielding also.....
Like a fielder going for a catch has to execute a good timing for the catch.....
Just like in Ashes 09...
But this is already discussed....

The new point is that there should be an execution meter for throwing also..
The perfect timing will result in an direct hit...

The perfect timing bar should follow Newton's "Inverse Square Law":-
The probability of directly hitting the stumps is inversely proportional to the distance from the stumps he is aiming at.......

Eg:-
  • A fielder in the out field will have negligible(not zero) chances to directly hit the stumps.....
  • A fielder inside the 30 yard circle will have more probabilty to have a direct hit...
  • A fielder at mid-on or mid-off will have larger direct hit probability if he aims at the non-striker's end rather than the keeper's end.....

And if the batsman is already in the crease before the fielder get the ball then the perfect timing will have the ball landed straight in the keeper's end....
I think this throwing meter will be entirely new concept...
If we apply this thing in the TAOC then not only the catches and lbws will be controlled by the user..
The run outs and direct hits will also be user controlled which will add a new dimension in playing.....

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
^ Overdose of realism :p LOL

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Apart from the execution meter for bowling......
It also has to be in fielding also.....
Like a fielder going for a catch has to execute a good timing for the catch.....
Just like in Ashes 09...
But this is already discussed....

The new point is that there should be an execution meter for throwing also..
The perfect timing will result in an direct hit...

The perfect timing bar should follow Newton's "Inverse Square Law":-
The probability of directly hitting the stumps is inversely proportional to the distance from the stumps he is aiming at.......

Eg:-
  • A fielder in the out field will have negligible(not zero) chances to directly hit the stumps.....
  • A fielder inside the 30 yard circle will have more probabilty to have a direct hit...
  • A fielder at mid-on or mid-off will have larger direct hit probability if he aims at the non-striker's end rather than the keeper's end.....

And if the batsman is already in the crease before the fielder get the ball then the perfect timing will have the ball landed straight in the keeper's end....
I think this throwing meter will be entirely new concept...
If we apply this thing in the TAOC then not only the catches and lbws will be controlled by the user..
The run outs and direct hits will also be user controlled which will add a new dimension in playing.....

This is actually pretty darn close to what I was already planning. Throws have got to be user-controlled. The key here though is getting the balance right so most catches are taken and not too many run outs are direct hits. it has to be realistic. Some games in the past (not mentioning any names cough cough) have had it wrong, making catching too hard or having too many direct hits.

arundracula

Club Cricketer
Fielding

What about misfielding?

My thinking is;

There will be an execution type meter(already told above) for taking and throwing the ball. Depending on where the button pressed, player will take the ball correctly and throw it... or something like that...

And for the nervous-play..

Adding a "crucial-confidence" for every player which we can change that like other abilities like aggressive, defensive, etc. will help to include the pressure when batting on 90s or bowling the last over...

harrisb

International Coach
please don't do AC09, and give people catching circles, i think there should be semi-auto fielding, but how to go about this i don't know.

arundracula

Club Cricketer
Actually I was talking about overall fielding system and not only about the catching.

All ball catchings must be the same way including bounced balls.. So there will be mis-fields for normal shots also. Due to this button pressing all the time, it will be quite easier to catch the balls.

And also put an auto-fielding setting. So someone didn't like this can have that.

kunalverma25

School Cricketer
Actually I was talking about overall fielding system and not only about the catching.

All ball catchings must be the same way including bounced balls.. So there will be mis-fields for normal shots also. Due to this button pressing all the time, it will be quite easier to catch the balls.

And also put an auto-fielding setting. So someone didn't like this can have that.

I also support this there should be two fielding modes...........

1. Auto.......
and
2. Semi-Auto....

In Semi-Auto we can control almost everything (of the fielder) except his running........

SachBro

School Cricketer
Hey man, I have a few suggestions of my own, I was kinda thinking if you could make bowling a lot more realistic read difficult, I have some suggestions of my own even if its too late for that as I saw the thread recently. If only you could make bowling a lot more restrictive in the sense that bowling yorkers and bouncers should not be an easy affair unless the bowler is confident enough to do it. Also, not every bowler can bowl reverse swing which can only be mastered if you work hard or were born in Pakistan. As per my imagination, there should be three areas on a pitch for a bowler, one at the feet of the batsman, an area just a little wider, something you should be able to select or unlock if you are confident enough to bowl a yorker and have pressed the button to bowl a yorker, then an area below it which should be wider or a bit longer in height and should cover all good length and short of length area where bowler should be allowed to bowl all the time as its unlocked and then the short and very short pitch zone that should range from where the good length area finishes to bowler's feet which he should be able to select if he decides to bowl a bouncer. What it does, it makes bowling yorkers and bouncers possible if only a bowler is confident enough to do it and at the same time earns them by consistently bowling well. Also, once a player selects the pitch area or zone, there should not a be conventional bowling cursor but rather a squarish box and as soon as you press select cursor button, there should be a circular ball jumping up and down and to all corners of the squarish box, pressing the button again should lock the ball's final pitch spot. The speed at which ball moves within square should depend on the difficulty you have set. On hard mode, it should be lighting quick, thus, making the desired pitch spot very hard to lock. It would make bowling extremely tough and one will have to earn every good ball. Trust me, it will revolutionize the one dayers and test matches in particular where every ball will count.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
^ Don't agree.. Players 'by fluke' also bowl perfect yorkers. So, no point restricting bowlers to certain regions.

Users who are viewing this thread