Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Propmanoz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I must say, I like the idea of having to umpire matches, I love that sort of thing. You could have like a higlights thing, where the game skips to and from points where you have to make decisions, (ie lbw, stumped, run out) and perhaps a career mode where your decisions, quality wise, (like, percentage of decisions rated to be correct by the computer) could get you qualified to umpire in first class matches, and ODD, all the way up to being a member of the elite panel and officiating in the World Cup final!!!! Of course, you could also just umpire a match, and turn down every appeal from one team, and give every appeal from the other one, and throughly enjoy screwing a team over lol). Perhaps also, you could refer to, or be, the third umpire, and officiate via the video.

However, this is obviously not the main focus of this game in particular, perhaps as a patch some way down the line, for a bit of fun? Using the animation and game engine from TCP perhaps? Im very hopeful arent I? I realise the point is playing the cricket.

Last edited:

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Brett_Lee said:
Guys couldyou please include something like umpire mode where you get to umpire the matches and can have different views wheter your at square leg or wateva and can refer to the 3rd umpire?

Propmanoz said:
I must say, I like the idea of having to umpire matches, I love that sort of thing. You could have like a higlights thing, where the game skips to and from points where you have to make decisions, (ie lbw, stumped, run out) and perhaps a career mode where your decisions, quality wise, (like, percentage of decisions rated to be correct by the computer) could get you qualified to umpire in first class matches, and ODD, all the way up to being a member of the elite panel and officiating in the World Cup final!!!! Of course, you could also just umpire a match, and turn down every appeal from one team, and give every appeal from the other one, and throughly enjoy screwing a team over lol). Perhaps also, you could refer to, or be, the third umpire, and officiate via the video.

However, this is obviously not the main focus of this game in particular, perhaps as a patch some way down the line, for a bit of fun? Using the animation and game engine from TCP perhaps? Im very hopeful arent I? I realise the point is playing the cricket.

May i just extend our points to a little further!

What could happen is since the game is gonna be online when you search for matches umpires could search to umpire matches and give the rite desision or people playing online can choose from a list of umpires because some mightnt be so biased!

Ps wen i made my first post i was gonna list carreer mode for umpireing and the way you put it is the way i think it should be done lol!

GUYS PLEASE DO THIS IDEA IF YOU NEED ANY HELP ID BE GLAD TO DO A CHUNK OF THIS SECTION PLEASE!

Last edited:

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Another stuff L.M.,
We all see in cricket games that once a batsman is settled and gets his confidance increasing, he starts middling each and every delievery, where it doesn't happen all the time in real cricket.A batsman doesn't necessarily middle each and every ball even when he is well settled.
Ofcoursre it depends on the quality of a batsman.For e.g. Inzi can middle every ball wherever and whenever he wants to, once he is settled. So...What do you think?? :onpc

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
i agree with Propmanoz on the umpire thing ...good idea, but would be a distraction at this stage..i'm afraid i can't devote time to it just yet, but i will definately keep it in mind.

@Cricket Doctor - i have given some thought to this...i'm not going the way of EA etc. on this issue...there wont be a confidence meter...there will be a "confidence" stat and a "form" stat which will influence a player's overall batting abilities, which will change during his innings, but it will be much more subtle...dont think that just cos he is settled, it will be on auto pilot and it'll be 4's and 6's with ease...it will be a 'hidden stat' that will change behind the scenes based on how well the batsman is playing and how long he's been at the crease.

LM

Brett_Lee

International Coach
And if you did my umpire idea think i would be happy to help out with it. The good thing about doing it would be that it would be a different thing to RPIC and Cricket 2005

BTW if you do kits and stadiums (as listed in the required) what is the layouts required to design them?

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
One thing that really annoys me in all cricket games i play is the ball swings like an 80-over ball right from the start :mad: Will it be different in this? :upray

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
if domestic seasons are implemeted i would like to see players called up to international duty so in state level in australia WA and NSW dont destroy you with there test players all the time

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
1. Let the player choose which stump to take guard on.

2. There's a cutscene going on, and you press a button (say F1) to bring up the scorecard. Then you press it again and it goes. Press another button (F2) and the Wagon Wheel comes up. You know what I mean.

srk121

International Coach
What i like to see in this game is. having a career mode similar to brian lara 1999 the whole tour test series and one day.

all the ground should have different greenry, indian outfeild with more rough patches while england and australia more lushed green out field.

the feilding team keeping the helmet outside behind the wicket keeper if it hit that u get 5 penalty runs. that would be kool.

close in feilding taking more catches. close in feild should get stick i mean getting hit while batsman hitting shot in their direction.

animation fore changing the ball in the inning.

able to play even 5 over matches not minimal of 10.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
More ideas:-
1. In some test matches there should be an option to play last few overs of the day under lights, that would make it more realistic, which often happens in modern day test matches.

2. The no. of overs in a day of the test matches should depend on which time of the year, test matches are being played. For e.g. in Pak, if you play test matches in Nov-Dec, there is no way you can bowl 90 overs a day even if lights are used.Same thing for Indian conditions as well.

3. dew factor should be taken into consideration in ODIs. It should favour the side batting second under lights.

4. The bowl swing and seam movement should depend on the type of ball being used.For e.g. Kukabura,Duke etc. you know what I mean.

5. There could also be an option in which you will get comp generated squad for a particular tour depending on the forms of various players, this could be in career mode. So the computer will behave in same way as a selection comitee does. After getting team squads, you can choose your best 11 from the available squade.

These are some technical aspects of the game which can be implemented in my opinion,will update this list in the future. :onpc :onpc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread