Sundeep's Texture Editing Tutorial

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok. So all those who were waiting to understand the 'magic' behind the texture editing, below is the tutorial.

As we all know that the data is packed in ".CR" format and is password protected. However you do not need the password to view the path of each file. It can be easily viewed in Winrar, but it is not possible to extract the textures due to obvious reason.

So the trick here is that if you create a similar path in the Cricket Revolution folder and add a texture in it, it will first use the texture from that folder rather than the texture in ".CR" file. Believe me, it is true and I have exploited this flaw only.

Let me take example of India kit editing
I created a folder path \Shapes\P\BT\M under ..\cricket revolution\system\data\
Hence the final path will be ..\cricket revolution\system\data\Shapes\P\BT\M
Under that I created couple of 512 X 512 texture files 1) ind.shirt.jpg and 2) ind.trousers.jpg

The name I came to know after I drilled Shapes.CR file via Winrar. I started with single color file and later refined it with 'hit and trial' method till satisfactory results were obtained in-game.

Please note that these textures are effective during Batting only. For Bowling, there are other textures located in the Shapes.CR file which needs to be looked upon. This logic can be extended to other team kits as well.

Similarly for bat, create a 512 X 512 texture file named base.bat.jpg under
..\cricket revolution\system\data\Shapes\P\BT\M

I am attaching the textures I have created so far for kits and bat. Having said that, I am sure the template behind the same is not 100% accurate and will require further tweaking. Also, I started with 512 X 512, but it can be tried for various combinations as well.

Shirt Texture
8xorrc.jpg

Trouser Texture
243n3gw.jpg

Bat Texture
2m5e2wn.jpg

I had been working on texture format for sometime now but really could not dedicate enough time to it since I am a working person and am out of town quite frequenty, so am leaving it to the PC forum members to fine tune the textures further and create better templates and textures for the whole CR community.

Those who played the beta might probably have the correct templates (I was not one for sure :) ), but am not sure they would be ready to share it since that might breach their agreement with the CR team.

If there is still anything unclear, please let me know.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Cheers, ill give it a go but all sounds too complicated for me.:eek:

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
shapes/w/M=Kit of wicket keeper
shapes/F/M=kit of fielder
shapes/u=Body texture

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good Work Sundeep :)

ashykicker

School Cricketer
Ok. So all those who were waiting to understand the 'magic' behind the texture editing, below is the tutorial.

As we all know that the data is packed in ".CR" format and is password protected. However you do not need the password to view the path of each file. It can be easily viewed in Winrar, but it is not possible to extract the textures due to obvious reason.

IS it anything wrong to leave it as open with winrar ??

rigger

School Cricketer
new to cricket revolution

So the trick here is that if you create a similar path in the Cricket Revolution folder and add a texture in it, it will first use the texture from that folder rather than the texture in ".CR" file. Believe me, it is true and I have exploited this flaw only.

Let me take example of India kit editing
I created a folder path \Shapes\P\BT\M under ..\cricket revolution\system\data\
Hence the final path will be ..\cricket revolution\system\data\Shapes\P\BT\M
Under that I created couple of 512 X 512 texture files 1) ind.shirt.jpg and 2) ind.trousers.jpg

The name I came to know after I drilled Shapes.CR file via Winrar. I started with single color file and later refined it with 'hit and trial' method till satisfactory results were obtained in-game.

Please note that these textures are effective during Batting only. For Bowling, there are other textures located in the Shapes.CR file which needs to be looked upon. This logic can be extended to other team kits as well.

Similarly for bat, create a 512 X 512 texture file named base.bat.jpg under
..\cricket revolution\system\data\Shapes\P\BT\M

I am attaching the textures I have created so far for kits and bat. Having said that, I am sure the template behind the same is not 100% accurate and will require further tweaking. Also, I started with 512 X 512, but it can be tried for various combinations as well.

Texture

I had been working on texture format for sometime now but really could not dedicate enough time to it since I am a working person and am out of town quite frequenty, so am leaving it to the PC forum members to fine tune the textures further and create better templates and textures for the whole CR community.

Those who played the beta might probably have the correct templates (I was not one for sure :) ), but am not sure they would be ready to share it since that might breach their agreement with the CR team.

If there is still anything unclear, please let me know.

dear i am very new here please help me for
1)Exact player name for all team
2)what is password of extracing of CR opning via rar
3)how to edit other thing where to put that thing

please give me downloading links if any

pleae dear reply as soon as possible

sharathkumar13

School Cricketer
this might sound stupid but i wanna know the path for the bat texture...:D
edited da team kits 4 all teams n havin fun wid it too...:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread