Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

Should be an awesome game between these foes who have got use to playing each other this season. WI side looks to be much better than the one sent to England a few months ago. Simmons has been a revelation and Fletcher has shown glimpses of his potential. The English team is fast becoming the new Pakistan of world cricket with a shock loss to Netherlands then a shock win against India. Which one turns could well decide this match.

England (probable) 1 Ravi Bopara, 2 Luke Wright, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Owais Shah, Paul Collingwood (capt), 6 Dimitri Mascarenhas, 7 James Foster (wk), 8 Graeme Swann, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Ryan Sidebottom, 11 James Anderson.

West Indies (probable) 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Andre Fletcher, 3 Lendl Simmons, 4 Dwayne Bravo, 5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 6 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 7 Kieron Pollard, 8 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 9 Jerome Taylor, 10 Sulieman Benn, 11 Fidel Edwards.

Cricinfo preview

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm going to put my eggs in the basket of Chris Gayle. After a couple of poor knocks out in the middle, I think he's got a big one coming.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
SMASH IT ON GAYLE!! We want you to literally thrash those guys.

Though your glory is going to be short lived because we are coming to hunt you and your team in the West Indies from June 26th:p

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I want Chris Gayle to murder England. Not beacuse I hate that team, I love it, I really really love KP, Swann and others- but because, if they thrash England, then that will put a for-ever full stop to this immense arrogance displayed by two/three English members. As if they have already won the World Cup.... C'mon Gayle! C'mon!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I want Chris Gayle to murder England. Not beacuse I hate that team, I love it, I really really love KP, Swann and others- but because, if they thrash England, then that will put a for-ever full stop to this immense arrogance displayed by two/three English members. As if they have already won the World Cup.... C'mon Gayle! C'mon!
Trust me, you don't get much more humble and unassuming than the England fans. All they were doing yesterday was enjoying the chance to have their moment in the sun and stick it up some of the Indian fans. Nothing wrong with that, that's something the Indian fans are going to have to learn as they dominate the world.

I'm hopeful about this game, I thought we would lose yesterday and win today, now I'm not so sure. It's all about the side that turns up. We bowl first, we win in my opinion.

King Cricket

International Coach
All they were doing yesterday was enjoying the chance to have their moment in the sun and stick it up some of the Indian fans.

That's why they posted nearly 80 pages of legendary posts! Whay! And I have nothing to do with the English team, I just want them to lose. That's it. Will be interesting to see how Evertonfan reacts to that. :p And another thing Skater, why do these same one/two guys complain if any Indian fan posts something about their team? You show arrogance, you bash us, bash Yuvraj- we'll not mind. But there should be a limit for everything.
Alright, enough off-topic. Coming back to the match part. I do hope that Gayle fires today. It's a treat to watch him when he's at his best.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Let the best team win, i mean the W Indies! :D
This summer has shown that England are better than the West Indies, but of course it is all about the impact of Gayle and Bravo and to some extent Simmons on the day. If we bowl first and get Gayle early we can chase down the total.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
This summer has shown that England are better than the West Indies, but of course it is all about the impact of Gayle and Bravo and to some extent Simmons on the day. If we bowl first and get Gayle early we can chase down the total.

It's not only Gayle, Chanderpaul, Sarwan Bravo. don't expect Gayle to fail (lol rhyming)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's not only Gayle, Chanderpaul, Sarwan Bravo. don't expect Gayle to fail (lol rhyming)
Chanderpaul and Sarwan don't have the T20 gift I don't think. Only Gayle and Bravo can dominate. Get one of them, the other will be under pressure. I don't care if it is the Oval, we need to bowl first.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Lol nice to see so much support from Indian fans, its all good, and I do agree that there can be a bit of arrogance by English fans, for some of them it's all about Gayle, Gayle and Gayle only, I guess some of them did not see the efforts of Simmons, with bat and in the field, and prove he can be in the wickets as well, so keep the thought and focus on Gayle I hope the English team does the same and turn up for the match with the same sort of attitude that this will be a beach day, because we have the best of the West Indies for the past month so we can win this eyes closed!!!!

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Lol nice to see so much support from Indian fans, its all good, and I do agree that there can be a bit of arrogance by English fans, for some of them it's all about Gayle, Gayle and Gayle only, I guess some of them did not see the efforts of Simmons, with bat and in the field, and prove he can be in the wickets as well, so keep the thought and focus on Gayle I hope the English team does the same and turn up for the match with the same sort of attitude that this will be a beach day, because we have the best of the West Indies for the past month so we can win this eyes closed!!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Hope Bravo can do the same as what he did against us. I want to see him do it again!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Expect Lendl Simmons to score a half century his last 77(59) in the last match was marvelous! (yeah the only contribution), so just hope this guys bash all bowlers, just 5 matches 182 runs @ average of 45.50 and the Strike rate 120+ that's fine !

Get them All ! Go WI! :D

stefan

International Coach
Would like the west indies to go through, they at least performed decently against us. Plus I like watching the likes of brava,gayle,fletcher and simmons. With england after kP goes out might as well turn of the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread