Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

Highlander999

ICC President
Because they are...They're carried by Gayle and Chanderpaul. Some players like Pollard wouldn't make the Ireland side. He's rubbish.

I preffered when you called England a minnow team, pre edit. I was already ordering some nice effigies of you ;)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How did I forget to mention this?

Man get serious, this is what it is, Twenty20, you can think what you want till "kingdom come" it makes no difference, why the hell would you try to take the shine off our win by comparing Twenty20 to any other format of cricket??

You have a problem with mvaughan comparing Twenty20 cricket to ODIs and Test cricket yet you see to have no problem whatsoever with your captain,
ChrisGayle, claiming he wouldn't care if Test Cricket died right before a Test series?

Double standards strikes again.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Because they are...They're carried by Gayle and Chanderpaul. Some players like Pollard wouldn't make the Ireland side. He's rubbish.

They do have some below average players, but the others are world class. Besides Gayle and Chanderpaul, there is Sarwan, who would get into most other teams.

Still think calling them a minnow is uncalled for.

irottev

School Cricketer
I preffered when you called England a minnow team, pre edit. I was already ordering some nice effigies of you ;)

I was wanting to troll m_vaughan but I thought calling England a minnow was a bit ridiculous.

I do find it funny how i'm for once sticking up for England yet the English fans still want to question me. I'll stick to my usual England hating in future then. :P

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Real shame that match got reduced, hard to say what would have happened if the match went for 20 overs. Obviously the Windies batters knew it was only 9 overs so threw caution to the wind. Just not the way a match between these two foes should have ended.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The funny thing is that England practically got knocked out of the tournament because of their own weather!

Also in BBC Highlights Collingwood mentioned that he doesn't look much into forecast. But today's forecast he said it was 20% rain. :laugh

Of course, yesterday I already checked today's weather and I read there would be thunderstorms. So obviously he read it wrong.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The funny thing is that England practically got knocked out of the tournament because of their own weather!

How is that funny?

It could be ironic I guess.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Real shame that match got reduced, hard to say what would have happened if the match went for 20 overs. Obviously the Windies batters knew it was only 9 overs so threw caution to the wind. Just not the way a match between these two foes should have ended.

Well said Syl, we just will never know, it could have been a great match, but with the weather setting the tone, we are ALL left to speculate and draw conclusions, truth be told, one camp will sleep, knowing that there is more work to be done and the other will sleep, thinking enough work was not done!!!

sammy

Club Cricketer
He's better than any spinner the West Indies has ever produced. He's a much better T20 bowler than any of your useless lot.

Shows what a luckfest the T20 world cup is where a minnow like West Indies make the semis. Heck, I would have had Ireland as bigger favorites.

Didn't chris gayle make 26 off one over against vettori ? Vetorri is classless whenever he wins or loses.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Rain! this would have more tougher game if there was no rain interruption :mad:, and again the D/L method :mad:

Well played WI :clap

irottev

School Cricketer
Didn't chris gayle make 26 off one over against vettori ? Vetorri is classless whenever he wins or loses.

That was a super-over and thus doesn't count for much to be fair. I actually said Gayle was an exception. He's a great batsman.

Vettori's still a better spinner than the west indies has ever produced. He's a better bowler than the current attack you have also. Heck, he's a better batsman than anyone in your side aside from about 3 players.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Wow one over. I'm pretty sure Chris Gayle has scored a duck before, should I rate him on all the low scores I've seen him make.

Users who are viewing this thread