Super 8 Group F (Australia, Sri Lanka, India, West Indies)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for Group F, the start of the Super 8.

Teams:
Australia
Sri Lanka
India
West Indies

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Eh wait... I heard somewhere that teams are classified as A1/A2, B1/B2, C1/C2, etc based on the initial tournament seeding and not based on who tops the group with most wins, net run rate, etc. If thats the case, then South Africa are C1 and India are C2 (South Africa are ranked higher than India in the seedings). Which means shouldnt India be in this group?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Still a very tight group. If Australia come here, it will become quite tight. All teams have equal chances of making the semifinals and the competition should be hard. My guess is, West Indies and either of India/Australia will make it to the semis. If India and Australia both make it, it would be ideal for me and great.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would say that this group is much closer than the other one. Australia and India are the two powerhouses of world cricket at the moment, Sri Lanka are capable of upsetting anybody (though with Murali gone it will be harder) and West Indies are playing the tournament at home and so are in with a chance.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It is australia in this group..

Chewie

BCCI President
No, they could get knocked out, or they could be in the other group.

Gurjot95

National Board President
It's funny, even if we some upsets i.e Ireland beating England and Zimbabwe beating New Zealand then they both will go to Group F which will be then-
Pakistan
South Africa
Zimbawe
Ireland

Not to mention, if Afghans win tomorrow they will also go to this group :p. I know it's very unlikely but still. Pak and SA will be then just waiting for semis :laugh

Chewie

BCCI President
It's funny, even if we some upsets i.e Ireland beating England and Zimbabwe beating New Zealand then they both will go to Group F which will be then-
Pakistan
South Africa
Zimbawe
Ireland

Not to mention, if Afghans win tomorrow they will also go to this group :p. I know it's very unlikely but still. Pak and SA will be then just waiting for semis :laugh

Bangladesh could have also entered that group. But as it is, NZ and England have made it through so...

Also, wrong thread.

hacker

Club Cricketer
Finally SL have some power hitters in middle older. with Chandimal, Mathews, Kapugedara and perera. and not to forget tailender jayasuriya :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well its good we avoid Kiwis and got Lankans in stead. A win against them and rained off match against Aussies will seal the deal for us.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
And now we have our group. As expected Australia into the group with arch rivals India, summer tourist WI and WC rivals SL. Should be a cracker and we get to face WI at full strength.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Seeing the grounds where we play our Super Eight matches, I am quite worried about India's chances of qualifying for the semifinals. The only game that we do not have at Barbados is the one against Sri Lanka on May 11 at St Lucia (the same place where Raina scored a 100 against SA). If we get past the next two games with atleast a single victory, I would be happy. Australia are getting into the red hot zone and West Indies are dangerous in T20 and more so in their home ground (we lost to WI last tournament).

Zaheer should be back for Chawla. I might be tempted to retain Dinesh Karthik and bring back Gambhir in place of Yusuf Pathan. Yusuf will be a sitting duck in front of quality pace on lively pitches, and we already have enough spin options (Raina, Yuvi, Jadeja, Bhajji). Jadeja plays ahead of Yusuf because on bouncy pitches, his stronger technique will come handy.

M Vijay
G Gambhir
S Raina
MS Dhoni
Y Singh
D Karthik
R Jadeja
H Singh
Z Khan
P Kumar
A Nehra

naresh091

International Cricketer
I like that lineup,but Jadeja too is a little vulnerable against the short ball.And benching Rohit Sharma for too long isnt a good thing,he is a handy player in a T20.The no.6 spot is up for grabs,but I doubt if Dhoni would drop Yusuf Pathan,as he hasnt done much wrong either.

Users who are viewing this thread