Super 8 Group F (Australia, Sri Lanka, India, West Indies)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
These calculations are boggling my mind. For me, the equation is pretty simple. We have to thrash the Sri Lankans, and hope that the Australians do the same to West Indies. Have some faith in our team guys, it's doable.

I am supporting India tomorrow (and Australia too, in their game vs WI). Dont care even if India bowes out. Cant live without being an Indian supporter. I will criticise my team when they dont do well, but within hours, will be back supporting them.

We can do it tomorrow. Dhoni and the boys just need to believe that they can do it. And leave the rest to fate. If India does their part well enough (thrash SL), they need not worry about the other results.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
"We would like to do well [in St. Lucia] against a team that looks in good form, and leave the equation to itself, look to do well, whatever is the equation. We can't do much about it. What we can do is win that game, and that can be our consolation prize more than anything else"

Dhoni does know that India are still in this right -_-

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
"We would like to do well [in St. Lucia] against a team that looks in good form, and leave the equation to itself, look to do well, whatever is the equation. We can't do much about it. What we can do is win that game, and that can be our consolation prize more than anything else"

Dhoni does know that India are still in this right -_-

Read the whole sentence. Dhoni knows that mathematically its possible, but he doesnt like depending on others to go through and so he is already talking about it being a consolation prize. By the time the match starts, their management should have the calculations ready and in hand. Seeing Pakistan's entry, they should be charged up more and do their part of the job with more intensity

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Ah Well as long as Dhoni doesnt persist with Jadeja and India get Jayawardene out, I think India should beat Sri Lanka. Its the NRR that they have to really worry about.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India Need To Win with Minimum 20 runs defending and chasing in 17th over whatever the total is.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
And that is assuming Australia beat WI. Aussies are the favorites, but a motivated WI team wont just roll over!

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
India need a day like Pakistan just had. And I'm sure Australia would want to beat WI because they would much prefer to face India or SL than WI in the final (assuming one of these teams beat England in the semis).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Hope we bat first atleast tomorrow. Chasing in 17 overs for any target would be very hard. We are better defenders than chasers.

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Yeah that's another thing I was pissed of at. Why would Dhoni choose to field TWICE after winning the toss. This whole "giving the bowlers early swinging conditions" is stupid. He should realize that Indian bowlers suck no matter the conditions. So just bat first and put up as much as u can. India have usually done well when they have batted first anyway

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes India will bat first and just pray to god India has a Lucky day like Pakistan with Aussie's beating West Indies and even play well like Pakistan who played with much potential today.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
According to Cricinfo news, Jadeja might finally get the chop for tomorrow (though with Dhoni, nothing can be said with complete confidence). Chawla should be in Jadeja and thats a good thing because Chawla is a better bowler and considering Jadeja's form, he would be the better batsman and fielder too. Not sure if Yadav has reached WI, but I dont think Vinay will get a game in this tournament. He is the drinks guy.

Hope Dhoni gives up the 'Harbhajan opening' experiment and reverts to Zaheer and Nehra (or tries Yusuf or someone different). Also hope Vijay and Gambhir click tomorrow. If the openers click, we will be an entirely different team.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
These calculations are boggling my mind. For me, the equation is pretty simple. We have to thrash the Sri Lankans, and hope that the Australians do the same to West Indies. Have some faith in our team guys, it's doable.

We just have to beat SL by 20 runs which is`nt a thrashing them if you look at the margin of defeats in this tournament (81,57,49). If we bat first and put up something like we did against the Proteas in the group stage, we would only have to restcit the Lankans to 160 odd which would be doable. The key is to bat first here.

However, I do see Dilshan or Sanath playing a blinder today which would shut the door for us. If Umesh Yadav has reached there, I would like to see him play today. Gambhir, who has been prolific against SL has to fire as well.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The good thing going for us is that apart from Malinga, the Lankan pacers aren't that nippy. Also, the pitch is much more of a batting paradise.

The bad thing is that Dilshan is due for an innings and we're probably going to struggle a bit against their spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread