Superhero Mafia - Ste, CG and Yash WIN

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I feel like their were offsets for the balancing.
Sure their were 3 mafia, but their were chances that they would make an unsuccessful kill as the killer was given weapons to choose from.
CG had a 50% success rate
2 doctors to help the balance, so I feel it could've gone either way

----------

@hedger - you and Callum played a good game, you actually did pick up on a lot of things including - role doesn't get used if the person dies

All it would've taken was a lynch on Yash or a successful kill for Callum on the last night.
Unlucky to lose the cop so early as well

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah to be honest, it was a bit of role madness so the game honestly could have gone anyway and it's really impossible to balance perfectly. My games have always ended up being horribly townsided.

Oh, and the comment about Callum's kill not going through if he was dead was just a main question regarding the vig role since in the mafia games I play, if mafia shoots vig, then the vig shot doesn't succeed.

And unfortunately the two doctors in the end made me lynch Manly because Wolverine was more likely to be doc and was doc, and I felt like he made the claim because he knew doc was dead. tbh, I was better off not researching Wolverine.

And to be honest, I thought I played reasonably well apart from getting a townread on Callum, although I do blame that on being individual aligned and I read more for interactions between partners to find mafia. And the fact I thought there wouldn't be a serial killer in the game.

Yash was always too obvious, not sure why we didn't lynch him either day. Jack was a horrible townie, Yash was an obvious mafia. Abhas jumping on that bw made him look mafia but was set on Yash so blocked him. Wouldn't have even mattered if I used my SS on him since Callum did the honours and killed him anyway.

And yeah, I knew Batman was cop, nobody was softing any reports or anything and by the time we got to claims, it was pretty obvious. To be honest, I'd prefer to have been mafia in this setup. It's so easy to fake a roleclaim. The only claim I was 100% certain on was suren which sucked because I knew he was town anyway.

Either way, I might host a game soon, but not sure on a theme or anything so idk yet.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
What a game!
Luck did favor me from the start of the game when I neutralized the Batman on N0.
My assumptions were spot on :
"I targeted CG123 on Night 1 which wasn't sucessful,Hedger would be the one either role-blocking me/saving CG123."
Ste and Abhas both were great support, thank you brothers.
My claim was good and pretty much solid until most of the people character claimed. I wasn't sure whether I'd even survive Day 2 forget about Day 3. Was lucky enough to survive.
Enjoyed the game, thanks MaD.
In the end we won, that's all what matters.;)

It was so obvious to me that you were mafia, but because I was individual I knew that any kill yesterday was good for me, so I just went along with the others in going for Manly.

After the claims it was only Manly and Ste that I hadn't worked out, so I contemplated targeting Ste last night and then lynch you tomorrow for a town win, but if Ste turned up town that could've backfired on me.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't think he was town, but i couldn't be bothered going into speculation about the composition of the game, sk/mason or whatever, certainly would have only hindered me discussing it in here, didn't see much value in voicing my suspiscions in the qt either, as i said on the last night " best to keep it simple"

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
CG's over reactions definitely had him as mafia in my list until I decided to target manly for his mysterious use of the role.

Always knew Hedger was townie but with 6 townies in total in this game & 2 killed on first stage - unless all the 4 of us put up a strong fight, we were sure to loose the battle. Nothing much can be done with me & Hedger alone. ;) we were too weak in front of a serial killer roaming around & our town doctor focused on protecting self than the town. :p

Definitely looking forward to next game. :thumbs

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah, Manly self protecting was damn scummy.

Also, Callum wasn't really mafia. There was maybe a slight feeling he was but his interactions with people didn't give anything away and nothing else explained mafia being killed the night before. So he was always a serial killer at worst.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
CG's over reactions definitely had him as mafia in my list until I decided to target manly for his mysterious use of the role.

I'm not really sure where you (and Yash) got me over reacting from, I had five valid points why I thought Yash was mafia and we was... Yes at the start of the day I thought you were mafia along with him, but as soon as you claimed DV I knew you were town.

Also yes I was playing relatively aggressively, but I think you'll learn as you play more games that playing aggressively doesn't at all directly correlate with being mafia. People playing passively are just as likely to be mafia if not more, like Yash was early on and Ste was the whole time. By passively I mean people who aren't actively seeking anyone out, like I was talking about with Yash trying not to make any enemies.

Last edited:

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Captain America as a killer is impossible haha
Callum wasn't SK, he was a survivor with some chance to kill, not really anti-town

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Also yes I was playing relatively aggressively, but I think you'll learn as you play more games that playing aggressively doesn't at all directly correlate with being mafia.

Lol, aggressive doesn't mean shit. I was aggressive, I made it perfectly clear that I knew Yash was mafia and was attacking him. As town, I like to be heard and being aggressive is one way to do that. I like to lead.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why did you claim captain america? I had captain america as my official false claim.
LOL ..haha yep that's the reason I doubted his claim.

Users who are viewing this thread