AMA Sure, what the hell.. Ask me (VC the slogger)

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What are your political beliefs and why?

I really have no idea how to answer this.

Favourite Pakistani cricketer?

Who do you think? Shahid Afridi of course! I bat and bowl with pretty much the same mentality on the rare occasion that I actually play any cricket.

Pakistani city you'd most like to visit?

Lahore - the ancestral home of my family. Multan's probably next; apparently that's where my late granny came from.

D

Dutch

Is their room for more test nations to get a chance? If so who would you like to see added?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Is their room for more test nations to get a chance? If so who would you like to see added?

If they did it my way, there'd be no less than 24 Test nations spread across 4 different tiers with more being added as the years passed us by. But that's obviously never going to happen out there in the real world, so for now I'd say the team most deserving of Test status from the remainder of the associates in my opinion would be the Netherlands.

They finished 3rd in the Intercontinental Cup behind Afghanistan and Ireland, which technically ought to have seen them qualify for the Test Challenge that was scrapped by the ICC. They were also the only team other than Afghanistan that Ireland couldn't beat over 4 days of cricket, despite fielding what appeared to be a 'B' side in their match against the latter who were at nearly full strength. Now, if the Netherlands were to actually go full strength for a change:

:ned: :bat: Stephan Myburgh
:ned: :bat: Alexei Kervezee
:ned: :bat: Ben Cooper/:bat: Keacy Carty/:ar: Colin Ackermann (if they can tempt him)
:ned: :bat: Tom Cooper
:ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate :c:
:ned: :ar: Roelof van der Merwe
:ned: :wk: Wesley Barresi :wk:
:ned: :ar: Logan van Beek (would've gone for Scott Kuggeleijn but he's a full-blown Kiwi now)
:ned: :bwl: Timm van der Gugten
:ned: :bwl: Paul van Meekeren
:ned: :bwl: Vivian Kingma/:bwl: Daniel Doram (depending on pitch conditions; Doram would be the obvious choice on flat/turning pitches)

If they were to actually field such an XI in real life, I don't suppose the current Irish team with several players on the wane or any other Test match wannabees would really stand a chance of beating them. Next on my list after the Netherlands would be Papua New Guinea, though I hope I don't have to wait another 17 years to see one of them finally elevated to Test status.

Bilal45

International Cricketer
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Age?

Your favourite game you played?

What have you eaten the most and it is your favorite?

Two wheelers or four wheelers? And which?

Swear while driving?

Fashion you like and favorite colors?

Sleepers or shoes?

Size of your house? Flat or bungalow?

Favorite cricketer?

Favorite footballer?

Next administrator?

Next staff member?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...

Your favouritegame you played?

GTA San Andreas.

What have you eaten the most and it is your favorite?

I eat broccoli everyday. Definitely not my favorite however.

Two wheelers or four wheelers? And which?

Four wheelers.

Swear while driving?

Haven't got my driving license yet, but I swear all the bloody same.

Fashion you like and favorite colors?

Whatever's comfortable. I'm really not that fussy tbh.

Sleepers or shoes?

I wear slippers at home, shoes when I go out and I work out mostly barefooted.

Size of your house? Flat or bungalow?

Two flats joined together. 3 bedrooms and a kitchen in each.

Next administrator?

At this point, I really have no clue. All the people I would have put my money on are no longer even a part of the staff now, so it could be just about anybody.

Next staff member?

I would be surprised if @AliB doesn't get promoted full time sometime in the near or not so distant future.

Favorite cricketer?

Stephen Fleming. From the current lot I don't have any favorites in particular, but enjoy watching the likes of David Warner, Dale Steyn and Tim Southee nonetheless.

Favorite footballer?

Lionel Messi, though Ronaldo is my all-time favorite. The Brazilian one that is.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
What's the longest you've ever slogged?

This one time I hit 62 off 40 balls or some such, hitting 2 fours and 9 sixes with no singles whatsoever. I had been run out quite cheaply for two matches on the trot and therefore decided they weren't really worth the trouble. Also 'cause I was really fat back then and absolutely hated running. I still do, although I'm in much better shape now than I was before.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Which was the first league you joined?

If there was any co. who was it?

Which league did you enjoy the most?

How do you rate me as a league manager? :p

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Which was the first league you joined?

If there was any co. who was it?

@Haarithan's Last Man Standing was the first ever league I participated in if I remember correctly. I arrived only just in time in the leagues section to participate in this great league's final season managing a team alongside a guy called @The Rock. And what a league it was; Haarithan was probably the best statistician in the leagues section back then and seeing his stats bundles is what basically inspired me to do my own.

The rest as you know is history. :p

Which league did you enjoy the most?

From my own, I've always enjoyed running my Cricket at the Olympics the most. I would never put in this (or this) kind of effort for any other league of mine, except perhaps ELA & the Europa Cup for whom I usually save my biggest stats bundles but I run those only once a year at the very most.

Among the leagues I've participated in as a team manager, @Aislabie's WC 32 series (Allianz European Championship, Nagico Americas Championship, KFC SANZAC Championship) definitely stands out at the very top. It was great fun managing teams in that league back in the day with a detailed pathway set towards the 2015 Cricket World Cup, team & player rankings and frequent articles like this. Undoubtedly the most well presented league I've participated in till date.

It's closely followed by @CaptainCremer's Zimbabwe Premier League, where I remember once managing a pretty strong team (though I can't remember which) alongside @Fenil. It's been a while since I participated there however.

How do you rate me as a league manager? :p

I'm not sure if I have participated in any of your leagues as it's really kinda difficult to keep track these days. From the looks of it, I would say you're among the top 4 or 5 best active league managers we have at present. :thumbs

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm not sure if I have participated in any of your leagues
Well you did manage Abu Dhabi Warriors in my Emirates Cricket League and New Zealand in Cricket History Redefined.

Users who are viewing this thread