PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
PC T20 Blast
Series 1

Hi everyone, I know this is quite an early start for a tournament organization thread but I thought the the earlier we could sort everything out the more smoothly it could run.

With DBC14 bringing us the all new cricket academy this allows the first opportunity to have a custom auctioned teams tournament in any cricket game without excessive modding. I personally feel able and excited to start the concept of a (very largely adjusted) English T20 blast tournament within the planet cricket community. The rules will be hugely adjusted, and obviously many features of the game we are still not sure on so will have to be adjusted more later perhaps, but hopefully it will be able to bring a lot of enjoyment to this community and perhaps even be expandable into other international leagues at a later date :yes. Just a note that this is for PC (Computer) and not consoles as of now.

Teams

First up the custom teams/franchises. The league shall start off in the first series containing only 9 teams, and hopefully expandable depending on popularity at a later date. Each team shall have a manager, and the majority (preferably all) an allocated deputy manager who is keen to join in the tournament who will cover in the event of any unexplained (or organised) disappearances and can also assist the manager in the running of his team if requested. These people (should) also get priority in any other full manager team positions that come up later :). The teams are based on the test match status grounds in England but squads will not contain any links to the county itself (as explained later in the auction section).

* - Captain
*v - Vice-captain

Birmingham Bears
Team manager : Chaman82
Deputy manager :
Home ground :
Edgbaston (Lahore Cricket Club)
Squad :
A Mahmood
K Ali
M Morkel
J Trott
M Wallace
R Bopara
H Amla
S Afridi
A Wheater
K Sangakkara
P Cummins
A Cook
K Pietersen
R Taylor
R Topley

Cardiff Chargers
Team manager : Spiderman493
Deputy manager : Las_Faiz
Home ground : SWALEC Stadium (Colombo Park Gardens)
Squad :
A Hales
J Cobb
J Root
E Morgan *v
C Read
S Broad
M Dhoni *
J Brooks
J Adams
G Gambhir
S Tanvir
H Singh
S Parry
D Bravo
M Waller

Durham Dynamos
Team manager : Virender Sehwag
Deputy manager :
Home ground :
Chester-Le-Street (Adelaide Gardens)
Squad :
J Foster
V Sehwag
M Johnson
A Morkel
T Bresnan
S Patel
J Dernbach
A Ireland
I Pathan
G Ballance
N O'Brien
S Borthwick
Y Singh
P Mustard
R Clarke

Leeds Lynx
Team manager : Ultimates
Deputy manager : Grkrama
Auction correspondent : NoLeName
Home ground : Headingley (Durban Fields)
Squad :
J Buttler
M Claydon
C Rushworth
H Gurney
C Anderson
S Ajmal
G Muchall
M Machan
D Warner
M Clarke
C Woakes
G Maxwell
M Lumb
L Malinga
B Stokes

London Legionaries
Team manager : Mazd
Deputy manager : JasXI
Auction correspondent : Ethybubs
Home ground : Lords (Delhi Park)
Squad :
I Bell *
J Anderson
B McCullum
V Kohli *v
C Gayle
D Steyn
J Bairstow
G Swann
S Ervine
C Jordan
C Tremlett
G Wagg
J Shantry
R Pringle
M Hafeez

London Lions
Team manager : Venkniralac
Deputy manager :
Home ground :
The Oval (Lancashire Stadium)
Squad :
K Coetzer
S Davies
D Stevens
K Brown
G Onions
K Pollard
M Hussey *
J Tredwell
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
D Vettori
D Karthik
A Mathews
M Yardy
T Dilshan *v

Manchester Mavericks
Team manager : Kushari
Deputy manager : Munkeymomo
Home ground : Old Trafford (Wellington Park)
Squad :
J Vince
C Cooke
M Trescothick *v
P Trego
L Dawson
G Napier
C Wood
C Meschede
S Watson
AB De Villiers *
S Samson
L Rahul
J Faulkner
R Sharma
P Rasool

Nottingham Outlaws
Team manager : Lebanna
Deputy manager :
Home ground :
Trent Bridge (Sydney Cricket Ground)
Squad :
W Durston
M Bates
J Allenby
D Briggs
S Narine
T Southee
M Azharullah
B Rankin
T Iqbal
C Pujara
W Parnell
S Moore
Z De Bruyn
M Prior
A Finch

Southampton Samurai
Team manager : SamP
Deputy manager :
Home ground :
The Rose Bowl (West Oval)
Squad :
D Mascarenhas *v
D Willey
M Carberry
J Taylor
C Kieswetter
D Malan
N Mckenzie
O Shah
L Wright
A Thomas
S Al Hasan
G Bailey *
A Mendis
M Starc
S Finn

Rules

The current set rules are as follows (more to come later) :

• A game shall consist of 2 twenty over innings.
  • A maximum of 4 overseas players are allowed to be played by each team in a game.
  • Fixtures will be set every week. It is up to the players to organise the game and results must be sent to me or posted here by midday on Sunday.
  • In the event that a game is not complete by midday on Friday (can be brought earlier by the manager if they want to) the deputy manager has permission to play the game instead.
  • Players must only be used from the precreated squad provided to you.
  • Slower ball bounces are banned.

Auctions

Once the team managers are set the auctions will take place. Each team has a budget of $1,100,000 and all players will be given a base price which bids must be above. There will be 6 rounds of bidding.

The first 3 rounds shall be known as public rounds. This means at the end of each of these rounds the current highest bidder and the amount bid on each player shall be announced.

The final 3 rounds (extendable if required) shall be known as private rounds and as the name suggests no bidding information will be announced at the end of the rounds. This increases the pace of the auction towards the end and guarantees each team gets as many players in the auctions as possible.

A team wins the auction on a player if they are either the highest bidder on a player for two rounds running or have the highest placed bid on a player after the final round.

All bids in the auction must be placed in minimum increments of $2,500.

In the event that a team still requires more players to make up numbers after the auctions then a purchasing market on a limited number of players shall be put up (although you will much prefer to get players in auctions as this will be at inflated prices).

Each squad shall be made up of 15 players (no more no less, if you meet your budget before this then penalty points will be applied and possible forced alterations to your bids/squad) which although you are not expected to reach it, has a technical limitation of 8 overseas players as 7 English qualified players are required in your team (as mentioned above, a maximum of 4 overseas players can play each game).

Here is an example of a specific part of an auction :

Player A is a world star at T20 cricket and therefore has a base price of $80,000. Both teams A and B really want this player. Team A place the minimum bid of $80,000 on him in the first round and no other team bids. They now know that if no one bids in the second round then they win this player.

Unfortunately though Team B bid $82,500 in the second round. At the end of the 3rd round Team B have the highest bid on the player at $90,000. From now on the rounds are now private rounds meaning teams will not see the current highest bid on each player. Because of this Team A now desperate to grab the player bid $110,000 on the player. Team B not expecting this do not raise their bid. In the next round Team A do not raise their bid from $110,000 and Team B raise theirs to $100,000 hoping that team A have not bidded any higher but unfortunately they have. Because Team A have now held the highest bid for 2 rounds they have now bought Player A for $110,000 by the end of the 6th round.

Fixtures/Results

Round 1
Week commencing : 4/8/14
Birmingham Bears v Nottingham Outlaws
Cardiff Chargers 15/6 v Manchester Mavericks 424/6 - Manchester win via forfeit by 409 runs.
Durham Dynamos 280/10 v London Lions 22/4 - Durham win via forfeit by 258 runs.
Leeds Lynx 165/10 v London Legionaries 94/10 - Leeds win by 71 runs.
Free round : Southampton Samurai

Round 2
Week commencing : 11/8/14
London Lions v Leeds Lynx
Manchester Mavericks v Durham Dynamos
Nottingham Outlaws v Cardiff Chargers
Southampton Samurai v Birmingham Bears
Free round : London Legionaries

Round 3
Durham Dynamos v Birmingham Bears
Leeds Lynx v Southampton Samurai
London Legionaries v Nottingham Outlaws
London Lions v Manchester Mavericks
Free round : Cardiff Chargers

Round 4
Nottingham Outlaws v London Lions
Southampton Samurai v London Legionaries
Birmingham Bears v Leeds Lynx
Cardiff Chargers v Durham Dynamos
Free round : Manchester Mavericks

Round 5
Leeds Lynx v Cardiff Chargers
London Legionaries v Birmingham Bears
London Lions v Southampton Samurai
Manchester Mavericks v Nottingham Outlaws
Free round : Durham Dynamos

Round 6
Southampton Samurai v Manchester Mavericks
Birmingham Bears v London Lions
Cardiff Chargers v London Legionaries
Durham Dynamos v Leeds Lynx
Free round : Nottingham Outlaws

Round 7
London Legionaries v Durham Dynamos
London Lions v Cardiff Chargers
Manchester Mavericks v Birmingham Bears
Nottingham Outlaws v Southampton Samurai
Free round : Leeds Lynx

Round 8
Cardiff Chargers v Southampton Samurai
Durham Dynamos v Nottingham Outlaws
Leeds Lynx v Manchester Mavericks
London Legionaries v London Lions
Free round : Birmingham Bears

Round 9
Manchester Mavericks v London Legionaries
Nottingham Outlaws v Leeds Lynx
Southampton Samurai v Durham Dynamos
Birmingham Bears v Cardiff Chargers
Free round : London Lions

These match groups/rounds are probably all certain however the rounds themselves may be mixed in order slightly incase someone is unavailable on a certain week so we can place their free round on that one.
Thanks everyone for reading :).

f53639ba3b5d2cdc6899e4fe7fe5fca7.png

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good Initiative. I'm in.

Forum Name: AngryPixel
Why am I interested: Why won't I be. Its cricket.
Team Interested in managing: Manchester Masters, Birmingham Bears, Nottingham Outlaws, Southampton Samurais.
Would I be interested in deputy manager position: No.
When do I hope to get the game: first week of launch.

venkniralac

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Forum name :venkniralac

Why are you interested in joining this tournament :Cricket is my passion and dbc is my love so when both unite and a league is there i should not miss.

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing :London Lions,Manchester master,Leed lynx & Cardiff Chargers

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) :Yes

When do you hope to get the game :the day it releases on pc

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format :Test tournament in future

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Hi shouldn't platform also be added in your list of queries for applicants?
And wouldn't their CA names also be relevant?

----------

Forum name :grkrama

Why are you interested in joining this tournament :To win it

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing :Leeds Lynx, Manchester Masters, Birmingham Bears, Cardiff Chargers

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) :No

When do you hope to get the game :PC release May

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format : Would be preferable to have one innings of T20 and,Test Championship, Knock out tournament.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The tournament is pc only at the moment so I don't see why there is a need to ask?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
missed that part:facepalm on here PC equates to planet Cricket for me:p

Easy mistake to make :yes. Cricket academy names I'm not sure about yet as we don't know they'll be used as online ID's for matches or not yet (although my guess would be they will then).

Would anyone have any objections to me taking management of a team to keep my interest levels up? During the auction process I'll send my bids to an unbiased party before it starts so they can confirm I'm not cheating if that's required.

grkrama

National Board President
Would anyone have any objections to me taking management of a team to keep my interest levels up? During the auction process I'll send my bids to an unbiased party before it starts so they can confirm I'm not cheating if that's required.
As long as you dont get involved in betting on these matches in Vbookie section and then claim innocence as a Cricket Enthusiast shouldnt be a problem;)

RIZZYX

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Count me in!

Forum name : RizzyX

Why are you interested in joining this tournament : Been part of the ashes09 tournaments on PS3, even won a few, so yeh look forward to getting back into some tourneys.

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing : Live just round the block from edgbaston so 1) bears, if not bears then any other team will do.

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) : No

When do you hope to get the game : Release date

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format : No

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Forum name : Virender Sehwag

Why are you interested in joining this tournament : I am intersted because I am a hardcore cricket fan who reallly likes playing cricket video games as well. Most importantly I like how this tournament sounds.

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing : Durham Dynamos, Leeds Lynx, London Legionaries, Cardiff Chargers

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) : No

When do you hope to get the game : First day of release.

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format : t20 league with a format similar to big bash.

(I may not post here too much now but I login everyday, I have even contributed for EA Cricket 2007 in the past.)

Last edited:

kainkareswar

Club Cricketer
I'm in

Forum name :kainkareswar

Why are you interested in joining this tournament : Cricket...Cricket..

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing :London Lions,
Manchester Masters,Cardiff Chargers,Leeds Lynx

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) :YES

When do you hope to get the game : On the first week of PC release

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format :A T-20 tournament which involves 20 teams (just like club football tournaments )

deepak910

School Cricketer
am deepak kumar . count me in . wish you guys good luck as well. nice to see early initiative been taken

mazd

International Cricketer
Forum name : mazd

Why are you interested in joining this tournament : To win it. DUH

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing : Birmingham Manchester Masters
London Lions Leeds Lynx
Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) : yes

When do you hope to get the game : as soon as it releases

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format : No

Last edited:

ultimates

Club Cricketer
Forum name : Ultimates

Why are you interested in joining this tournament :Three Reasons : DBC 14, DBC 14 & DBC 14

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing : Manchester Masters, London Legionaries, Nottingham Outlaws, Birmingham Bears

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager) : Yes

When do you hope to get the game : 3 Days from Date of Launch

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format : Not as of now, but plenty as I get to know about the series.

Thanks & looking forward for the clash !

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Forum name: Lebanna

Why are you interested in joining this tournament:
I am supremely passionate about cricket and dedicated to the point of obsession. I follow virtually every international match and a lot domestic matches in England, India and Australia. This I feel shows that I can be relied upon to compete my matches by the deadline and to keep my interest throughout the tournament.

I also love competition, and have a very competitive streak and so this tournament is a great chance for me to enjoy DBC14 in a competitive yet fun and enjoyable environment.

Please list the top 4 teams you are interested in managing:
1) Southampton Samurai
2) Durham Dyanamos
3) Nottingham Outlaws
4) London Legionaires

Would you be interested in being a deputy manager in the case a position as full manager is unavailable (Does not decrease your chances of becoming a full manager):
Yes

When do you hope to get the game:
I'll be buying this as soon as its available on Steam.

Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format:
Once the league stage is over, a knockout for the top 4 teams would be good. Set it up something like:
Qualifier 1st v 2nd --> winner to final, loser to play the winner of Eliminator
Eliminator 3rd v 4th --> loser out, winner to play in SF
Semi-Final Loser of Qualifier v Winner of Eliminator
Final Winner of Qualifier v Winner of SF

Users who are viewing this thread