Draft: T20 Leagues | Draft complete | Big Bash League vs Bangaldesh Premier League | Final posted

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'll pick one of the premier batting all rounders on the T20 circuit, Glenn Maxwell

CerealKiller’s BBL XI
4. :aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
8. :tat: :ar: Sunil Narine
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah

@Yash.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So here’s my team as of now...

1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. :local: :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
  5. :local: :eng: :wkb:Jos Buttler
  6. :os: :tat: :ar: Kieron Pollard
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
Ben Stokes might just be the most complete all rounder in modern day cricket. Good enough to make any team as a batsman, good enough to make a team as a bowler, fit enough to do both in each match, unlike some of that mould, like Andre Russell, whose fitness does hamper his bowling a little. Barring the 2016 WT20 Final, he has the ability to keep calm in pressure situations, as we all saw in the World Cul final, and that Headingly test. Plus, his fielding makes him a complete package.

As for Jos Buttler, another person with a calm head on his shoulder, he could probably make any side as a batsman. Jos Buttler is the closest batsman we have had to AB de Villiers. He can hit the ball out of the park with such ease, bowling to him is a nightmare, especially if it is in the death overs, or in the powerplay. Add to that, his keeping , and you get one of the best limited overs player in the modern game. Although he has had a lot of success opening the batting, he’ll play at no. 5 for me, to finish the innings in style when we are somewhat 160/3 after 18 overs.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
There have not been any notable keepers in the Super Smash, so I will be picking an Indian keeper.
My opening pair were sealed so I had to pick a middle order batsman.
Its quite obvious who my pick is going to be after those hints.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
upload_2020-6-19_21-43-56.jpeg

He averages 42.21 in the IPL which is insane for a player who finishes the innings and is forced to accelerate. The icon of CSK and arguably of the whole IPL, Dhoni at his prime was good enough for every bowler in the game. He is a serial match winner and fits right into the number 7 spot in my team. He can also play as a collapse stopper and get the team to a acceptable total on a bowler friendly pitch.
Neptune's Super Smash Team
1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Guptill
2. :aus: :ar: Shane Watson :os:
7. :ind: :wkb: M S Dhoni :c::os:
11.[DOUBLEPOST=1592583839][/DOUBLEPOST]@Akshay. your pick

Last edited:

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
:tat: :ar: Dwayne Bravo
runs in 367 inns @23.89, S/R 126.82, 20 50s, HS 70
497 wickets in 436 inns @24.52, Economy 8.24, BBI 5/23

Again an experienced player for me, a player who has played 2nd most number of matches in T20s and has played in all the leagues in this draft.
He is the most wicket taker in the format.
He represented Paarl Rocks in MSL and has picked up 10 wickets, scoring 66 runs in 6 matches.

Mzansi Super League XI
  1. ?
  2. :os: :ind: :bat: Virat Kohli
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. :os: :tat: :ar: Dwayne Bravo
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. :local: :saf: :bwl: Imran Tahir

@Aislabie

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
No worries, real life takes priority over drafts. Hope everything gets back to normal soon for everyone!

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Rabbit Hood's PSL XI:

Sorry for being late; was stuck with some work. My pick this time will be Jofra Archer. I'm really surprised he hadn't been picked yet.

1. :aus: :bat: Chris Lynn
6. :jam: :ar: Andre Russell
8. :eng: :bwl: Jofra Archer

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
When you want someone to open alongside Gayle, why not have someone who looks up to him as a mentor and enjoys hitting sixes almost as much as the Boss himself? And yet, they have only ever opened the batting together in T20 Internationals a total of three times, all victories. In domestic cricket, they have opened together much more often for the St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots, and they generally have been no less effective. When these two get in, even the fans may need helmets.

What is scary is that he still has a little way to go before he completely matures as a cricketer. A bit of impatience creeps into his game when the score isn't ticking over, but he is talented enough to find the gaps if his mindset changes slightly. Once that happens, he might just be one of the best T20 cricket has seen.

Still though, Gayle and Evin Lewis? Sign me up.

Qpee's CPL XI (name to be changed)

1. :jam: Chris Gayle :ar:
2. :tat: Evin Lewis :bat:
10. :tat: Samuel Badree :bwl:

@ahmedleo414

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I will continue with a Lasith Malinga

malinga-1548102005447.jpg

Stats|Matches|Wkts|BBI|:bwl: Ave|w/5w
T20 |295|390|6/7|19.69|10/5
From cricinfo:

"Malinga's finest moment came during the 2014 World T20, in which he nominally captained the side through the knockouts but, more importantly, delivered a clinical final spell to muzzle the India middle order. Sri Lanka would go on to win that title but, before long, Malinga's career became threatened by fitness issues - both involuntary and self-inflicted. In late 2014, a long-standing ankle complaint deteriorated to the extent that it required surgery. Malinga was a diminished force through the 2015 World Cup and became significantly slower in his later years, in which he also put on weight.

He stepped down as T20 captain ahead of Sri Lanka's 2016 World T20 campaign, again owing to a chronic knee injury, this time in his left leg. He has at times suggested that his career hangs in the balance as a result of these injuries. At others he has said he wishes to play on for another few years."

ahmedleo414 BPL draft:
  1. :os: :ind: :bat: Rohit Sharma
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. :os: :afg: :bwl: Rashid Khan
  9. ?
  10. :os: :sri: :bwl: Lasith Malinga
  11. ?