T20 / ODI bowling tips and advice

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
Hi all, Been really struggling on T20 on this years game. Not sure if its me or what but I have played the West Indies over 10 times and every time they have hit 200+

It feels like the AI are programmed to go at a Run Rate and nothing will stop that occuring. I'm almost resigned to the fact if ive bowled 2/3 dots that the next balls will goto the boundary. I play on Pro - no slider changes. I've tried playing with the sliders but it doesnt make much difference unless you go extreme. In addition, changing the run rate just seems to lower the pre programmed rate. If you put it to 40they will bat religiously at 8 an over, rather than 10+ on 50 RR. In fact I can't really tell the difference between Pro, Veteren and Legend. My tests have gone well, and i've seen a variety of scores in the ashes by Australia, anywhere between 150-480.

But in T20 I've tried a few tactics with no success:

Variation - mixing up the types of delivery every ball
Line and length - test match style
Bowling to a plan - e.g a few fast deliverys and one slower.

If anybody has had success with either getting wickets or keeping the score down i'd be keen to read peoples experience. Or if more people are getting the same problems maybe it is a bug.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all, Been really struggling on T20 on this years game. Not sure if its me or what but I have played the West Indies over 10 times and every time they have hit 200+

It feels like the AI are programmed to go at a Run Rate and nothing will stop that occuring. I'm almost resigned to the fact if ive bowled 2/3 dots that the next balls will goto the boundary. I play on Pro - no slider changes. I've tried playing with the sliders but it doesnt make much difference unless you go extreme. In addition, changing the run rate just seems to lower the pre programmed rate. If you put it to 40they will bat religiously at 8 an over, rather than 10+ on 50 RR. In fact I can't really tell the difference between Pro, Veteren and Legend. My tests have gone well, and i've seen a variety of scores in the ashes by Australia, anywhere between 150-480.

If anybody has had success with either getting wickets or keeping the score down i'd be keen to read peoples experience. Or if more people are getting the same problems maybe it is a bug.
I'd say their continuous 200+ scores in T20 matches is most likely due to the fact that, as you would expect with the West Indies, a vast majority of their batsmen have their batting mentalities set to aggressive or brute.

You may have to take a note from @WealeyH's book and reskill the players to your liking. I'd start with changing batting mentalities, and lowering their power. Alternatively you could lower 'aggressive shot power' (I believe it's called) in the sliders. Just a few suggestions that hopefully prove helpful.

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
Thanks. It makes sense that Windies are aggresive, but surely every so often they should bleed wickets like in the WC. I'll play about with the sliders but i was hoping i wouldnt have to do that every time as it feels artificial

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

have you changed pitch types?

jackthebowler

School Cricketer

If you bowl it on leg stump and have a deep fine leg in place then he will ”slog glance“ it straight to your fielder. It works 70% of the time

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Are there any tips for the after touch, how to use it?

Users who are viewing this thread