T20 overkill......

vickyrox

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is Certainly for Indian People
Dude
4 months of non stop cricket ......
FIRST IPL THEN T20 WORLD CUP......
WHO WILL WATCH THIS INDIA'S SERIES VS WEST INDIES....
I WONT .....

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Indian members have no right to call T20 a over kill. Not after whats been posted for last 3 months.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It is Certainly for Indian People
Dude
4 months of non stop cricket ......
FIRST IPL THEN T20 WORLD CUP......
WHO WILL WATCH THIS INDIA'S SERIES VS WEST INDIES....
I WONT .....

It's not a T20 series...

Besides, was it you who started a thread about 'Missing IPL?'? I think so.

Params7

International Cricketer
All this too much stress on players is BS. If you can't bat for 30 mins and stand around and run in a ground for 2 hours everyday then you have no right to call yourself a sportsman.

Look at soccer, all they do is run for 90 minutes. Cricketers have it much more easier than this, so they cannot blame it on "Being tired" on playing too much.

DME786

School Cricketer
IPL, ICL have killed Twenty20 cricket for sure but the World Cup was different, it only had the best of the best which produced some fantastic cricket. In England it has attracked alot of new fans during the past two weeks.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I will watch the India vs WI series. I want to see India get back up mentally after this draining T20 stuff, and focus on ODI's (we have the Champions trophy coming up, and we should be really serious about winning it). Also the next T20 world cup is in West Indies (that too in 9 months time), so I will watch this series with interest

khalek

Panel of Selectors
T20 is never fun whenever its not a 180+ encounter with at least 10 sixers per innings, thats what people demand and we did not get that in both IPL and T20 world cup. What's the use of watching 20 overs of nudging and pushing the ball for singles?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ because the bowlers were TOO GOOD. it didnt take them much to catch up to the batsman. now they are way passed them. bowlers came up with many new things, on the other hand batsman couldnt, not so much, over the last few years.

few good ones, Dilshan's madness, KP's overrated reverse-sweap, Ashraful's scoop shot (though he didnt do that on WC this time around)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
^^ because the bowlers were TOO GOOD. it didnt take them much to catch up to the batsman. now they are way passed them. bowlers came up with many new things, on the other hand batsman couldnt, not so much, over the last few years.

few good ones, Dilshan's madness, KP's overrated reverse-sweap, Ashraful's scoop shot (though he didnt do that on WC this time around)
Pietersen's switch hit was first played in an ODI.

OnlyClarkey

Club Cricketer
Personally, I think T20 was a moment of genius. It's a great way of getting youngsters involved into the game, and it's an influx of money the likes of which cricket will not have seen before, in a world climate increasingly money-conscious. It's exciting, it's unpredictable and as David Lloyd says, each ball is an event.

I LOVE Test Cricket, but I can still appreciate what T20 is doing for the game. People will watch the Ashes after the World T20 because they've become involved in the game. It's a good process in World Cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread