T20 WC Final: Pakistan v Sri Lanka

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka, they are too strong and are good in final games, where as Pakistan at times are like South Africa when it comes to Finals.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
pakistan,

sri lanka are very good but pakistan have that explosiveness about them not to mention most of the explosive players usually explode vs sri lanka and in big matches too

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan! Do you know why?

Because there are eggs, tomatoes, and fire awaiting them at home if they don't. :)
why?? its good enough that team went to final, (2 in a row) after all that crap they been through..

jordox

International Cricketer
If I had to bet, I'd say Sri Lanka for sure. They are the favourites by a long way in my books.

I really want Pakistan to win it though.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
why?? its good enough that team went to final, (2 in a row) after all that crap they been through..

That's understood. But a it's still a heart break. If they had lost before, then everything would've been 'meh' but now, they don't have a choice.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan have no chance I feel, what happened to the West indies batting line-up is what will happen to the Pakistan line-up.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I didn't watch the last time Pakistan played Lanka, but I was told our batsmen handled Mendis better than most other teams did. If so, that is definitely a positive for us. I don't really think Pakistan are as far behind SL as it seems. Lanka's batting is as fragile as Pakistan's, but their bowling is better and their fielding well ahead.

So yeah, Sri Lanka definitely favorites, but not by much.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
I think Pakistan will provide an upset again.

Though whoever bats first will probably win.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sri Lanka are favorites.. But Pakistan are a damn good T20 team. Especially Afridi and Gul are mind blowing.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Unlike West Indies, I don't think we will be losing 3 wickets in the first over to a pie thrower like Mathews :p

Actually, now that I think about it, Kamran could get a single first ball, Shahzaib could hit the ball straight up for an easy catch, Afridi's mind could blow up, and Sri Lanka actually earn Shoaib Malik's wicket through a run out.

Hmmm. Scary thought.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka are the better team but you get the feeling Pakistan are on a mission here and could easily cause the upset once again.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Interestingly, the teams with the two best bowling attacks are in the final, despite the lack of depth in batting on both sides. I suppose Pakistan's batting is boosted with the return of Razzaq though.

Pakistan have made their name as giant killers, but you do have back Murali, Mendis and Malinga to outdo Afridi, Ajmal and Gul.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It looks to be a clash of Afridi v Dilshan in the batting. Both are the x-factors in the batting. Pakistan probably have the edge slightly in the bowling with Razzaq but Matthews showed some good form in the Semi so he might have sorted the 4th bowler spot.

Users who are viewing this thread