TableTop Cricket general discussion

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone explain what are these trading cards and its uses ?
It's a Steam initiative, where by playing the game you get random drops of trading cards (up to 5 per game). From there you have to either purchase or trade with other users to get the full amount of cards, at which time you can create a badge. The badge will give you access to exclusive profile backgrounds and emoticons. Which you can choose to hold onto or sell, a profile background sold for $100 overnight!

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a Steam initiative, where by playing the game you get random drops of trading cards (up to 5 per game). From there you have to either purchase or trade with other users to get the full amount of cards, at which time you can create a badge. The badge will give you access to exclusive profile backgrounds and emoticons. Which you can choose to hold onto or sell, a profile background sold for $100 overnight!

Thanks For the Info :)

I asked because a guy offering me 3 games for my 5 cards :p .

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No
Purchased the game today on PS3 and it's good to have fun with your mates owing to "pick-up-and-playability" (I'm assuming it supports offline co-op). I didn't see any difficulty levels and you can't seem to control lofted shots a la EA Cricket Ashes 97. Also, I didn't find a way to see the field so if someone knows how to do so, pls let me know.
No control for lofted shots it's a timing based system so far as I can tell

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Thanks For the Info :)

I asked because a guy offering me 3 games for my 5 cards :p .
Depending on the games that could be a good deal. The value of the cards will definitely go down when there's more out there, so it's worth getting what you can while you can. Unless you want the full collection to craft into a badge and collect big money profile backgrounds. :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hello, after playing lots of matches here is what I want to say regarding the game. The game for $10 is worth every single penny. It has little depth with the world tour mode and with online mode. I am happy with the amount of teams but would love to see Academy integration or a mini editor so that we atleast can change the names and squads. The stadiums look fantastic and I know fixes will bring in more resolutions for the game. I would have loved if the DBC commentary was included but that's not something I see mandatory. The crowds look fantastic and yes like others have said better then DBC. So to some it up I would love to see these few things

1) More stadiums if possible
2) More match types (like short test match where each side bats 10 overs an innings)
3) Player editing tool (only if its for name)
4) Tournament creator perhaps? Like knockout or round robin etc.

Is it possible for you guys to put in teams created by users for DBC into this? @BigAntStudios @HBK619 ?

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello, after playing lots of matches here is what I want to say regarding the game. The game for $10 is worth every single penny. It has little depth with the world tour mode and with online mode. I am happy with the amount of teams but would love to see Academy integration or a mini editor so that we atleast can change the names and squads. The stadiums look fantastic and I know fixes will bring in more resolutions for the game. I would have loved if the DBC commentary was included but that's not something I see mandatory. The crowds look fantastic and yes like others have said better then DBC. So to some it up I would love to see these few things

1) More stadiums if possible
2) More match types (like short test match where each side bats 10 overs an innings)
3) Player editing tool (only if its for name)
4) Tournament creator perhaps? Like knockout or round robin etc.

Is it possible for you guys to put in teams created by users for DBC into this? @BigAntStudios @HBK619 ?

Yeah a player name changer would be good .:)

fanirama

Club Captain
Just bought the game. It's tiny.. 166MB and downloaded in about 20 seconds which is fine.
But the reviews on Steam seem like it is a mixed bag.
Lets see how it is...

fanirama

Club Captain
Just bought the game. It's tiny.. 166MB and downloaded in about 20 seconds which is fine.
But the reviews on Steam seem like it is a mixed bag.
Lets see how it is...

I like it. It is not stellar nor wretched. It's a fairly good game. 7.5/10
There's many things that can be improved but overall it is worth my $10.
Things like - tutorial mode, nets so you can understand what is going on with gameplay mechanics first, markers, customizations, graphics options.
I know this is not a AAA title, but for $10 in 2015, I believe these should be standard for games.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
A new update went live earlier today that introduces leaderboards for private matches, we've also worked to decrease the influence of lag in matches for a more smoother online experience.

More updates will be pushed out soon.

angad

Chairman of Consent
A new update went live earlier today that introduces leaderboards for private matches, we've also worked to decrease the influence of lag in matches for a more smoother online experience.

More updates will be pushed out soon.
All these updates are on PC right? Nothing yet on the consoles?

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
All these updates are on PC right? Nothing yet on the consoles?
Correct, as with DBC14, all our updates will come to PC first in several updates and then to console as one whole patch.

geezajob

School Cricketer
Im playing world tour so i start in scotland afterplaying the first few challenges theres a game where you have to get a bowled at above 70 kmh but the bowling speed is locked and when i bowl the batsman he just keeps playing! Do i need to beat other countries first or is it locked for a reason? Im playing on ps3.

Users who are viewing this thread