Tamil Music/Movie Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
:lol prefer Ajith over Vijay thats all.. But always our thalaivar preferred..

Ajith has a class in the things he does.. Vijay is more for the mass but he is just too much trying political stuff with his movies, becoming like Vijayakanth...:p

But honestly, the class has just gone out of Ajith in his past 4-5 movies. He has been on a downward spiral ever since Billa-2. I didn't even care to watch Vedhalam and Vivegam. On the contrary, Vijay has been a pretty big upward trend in his past 4-5 movies. Though Mersal, Sarkar and Theri had its share of critics among audiences, all of them have been huge money spinners at the box office. And Vijay seems to have cracked the 'A center' code by working a lot with AR Murugadoss and Atlee, who make glossy and grandeur rich films that works with all center audiences.

The political thing has been going on for Vijay since the past 8-10 years. He wants to be like Rajinikanth where he will hint at politics but wont come. He won't be another Vijaykanth. He will use politics well enough for his mileage (because Tamil Nadu people are easily fooled by it) till he reaches 60 odd and then he might either jump into full time politics or he will just let it go.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Loved Petta! Was pure fun and being a Rajinikanth fan from the 90's, it was like a throwback to those glorious films that we enjoyed in the 90's. Full on masala and as a Rajini fan, you get more than your money's worth. Music was really good too from Anirudh. Karthik Subbaraj might have disappointed his group of fans (who expect classier films from him) but he was the best guy to do this as he is a hardcore Rajini fan and the best man to do Petta.

RPHKR

National Board President
I liked KGF, Petta, Thadam and Super Deluxe.
Watched a crappy movie called Ayogya.
Pretty excited for NGK. Don't know how it turns out. I have been a SelvaKanni since forever.

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I liked KGF, Petta, Thadam and Super Deluxe.
Watched a crappy movie called Ayogya.
Pretty excited for NGK. Don't know how it turns out. I have been a SelvaKanni since forever.
Thadam movie awesome

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
NGK has average reviews. Not excited enough to watch it in a theatre. Hope Suriya makes a proper comeback with Kaappaan (Director: KV Anand). Mohanlal and Arya/Sayeesha are also in that movie and knowing KVA, it would be good.

RPHKR

National Board President
Nerkonda Parvai was good. Ajith has finally realized his social responsibility and looks to deliver some good content to his fans.
I had a stressful month of August and looked to clear it off, was thankful that Comali was released. It was a commercial movie filled with nostalgia and humour.

Not so excited about Bigil, songs look average and it feels that the film doesn't have the magic of Mersal.
Asuran trailer was mind-blowing. I had bought the book Vekkai which it was based on. Since there is only a month before it releases; I should finish the book and then watch the movie.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nerkonda Parvai was good. Ajith has finally realized his social responsibility and looks to deliver some good content to his fans.
I had a stressful month of August and looked to clear it off, was thankful that Comali was released. It was a commercial movie filled with nostalgia and humour.

Not so excited about Bigil, songs look average and it feels that the film doesn't have the magic of Mersal.
Asuran trailer was mind-blowing. I had bought the book Vekkai which it was based on. Since there is only a month before it releases; I should finish the book and then watch the movie.

Mersal didnt have any magic too. It ran only because of Vijay.

I disagree on Bigil songs that have released so far. I really liked Verithanam and Singappenney was classy. So far, they sound better than Mersal and Sarkar's songs. The audio is releasing on 19th. That should tell you the perspective of the entire album.

I loved Ner Konda Paarvai too. Though I loved the original 'PINK', I felt Ajith added a different dimension to it and the film was perfectly executed for the Tamil audience.

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Mersal didnt have any magic too. It ran only because of Vijay.

I disagree on Bigil songs that have released so far. I really liked Verithanam and Singappenney was classy. So far, they sound better than Mersal and Sarkar's songs. The audio is releasing on 19th. That should tell you the perspective of the entire album.

I loved Ner Konda Paarvai too. Though I loved the original 'PINK', I felt Ajith added a different dimension to it and the film was perfectly executed for the Tamil audience.
Mersal Songs are better Than Sarkar l. What's Your Opinion

Users who are viewing this thread