TAOC Commentators!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok guys, its high time to start orgnazing the commentary dept.
except for whitehornmatt, still no commentator has been finalized.
so the positions are up for grabs. for those interested, please give us a few samples of your voice, commentary skills etc.
one of the main criterias is NOT to have a CHILDLIKE voice.

but, just because your 12/13 doesnt mean you would have a childish voice....
a good e.g would be whitehornmatt :p !

also, we would love to have as many members auditioning as possible.
more the variety the better !

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
but, just because your 12/13 doesnt mean you would have a childish voice....
a good e.g would be whitehornmatt :p !
Obviously for that you would need to ignore the fact I'm turning 17 in a month and was 15 when I recorded the commentary sample that got me in to the team.

I really hope that someone can get in contact with Duff about this, he could post about it over on the TAOC forums (http://www.theartofcricket.net/forum/) if he doesn't want to post here at Planet Cricket. I would hate to see him miss out.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would like to take this oppurtunity, but first i have to fix my stupid mouthpic ;)

slade

Club Cricketer
You guys have probably thought of this but it would be good to have commentators of different accents. I think English, Australian and subcontinental accents will be well covered by members of this forum but what about West Indian and South African? Maybe if any members are from there, they could provide a sample.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'd love to try out but I only have a crappy microphone which is connected to my laptop.

You guys have probably thought of this but it would be good to have commentators of different accents. I think English, Australian and subcontinental accents will be well covered by members of this forum but what about West Indian and South African? Maybe if any members are from there, they could provide a sample.

I don't think we have many or any members from there.

Last edited:

andy82

Club Cricketer
Actually, I think I do have one, I'm not sure if it's functioning right but I'll check and say if it does.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I will ask Duff next time he is on MSN.

Also I would do it as I have a microphone but I believe that you should have people that are at least teenagers doing it:p

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Guys there isn't much point saying "I would but I havn't got a microphone", get off you backside and get one if you want to commentate! :p.
The point of my post was to ask if there was a demand for a Canadian commentator as it will affect my decision of buying a microphone.

Could there be a specific piece for the audition so it is easier for the "adjudicators" to judge the participants? It will also be easier for me as I really get nervous in terms of articulation improvisation when auditioning.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
How will people audition? By reciting a few lines? And how will it be recorded?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Well ive got two podcasts at the moment, or is it three :rolleyes: im not sure, either way ive been on Duff's and ive also been alongside W3lshrugby for the Rugby podcast we host...

I'd like to put my name forward to represent the north of England ;) Im sure the game could do with a real strong accent in the game, a bit like Boycott does, but hes from Yorkshire :(

lancashire666

International Coach
but if your going to do a boycott voice you can only talk about how great all the bowlers he faced were compared to all the bowlers around now lol

Users who are viewing this thread