TAOC Sample Vid - May 2009

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
here it is.

Bowler Actions.rar

NOTE : tried uploading it on PC server but failed :(

a few warnings :-

- wicket keeper and fielders are untouched. so dont be shocked.
- the batsman is idle as its yet to be properly implemented in-game.
- the ball gets released a tad early before the hand comes into place.
this is because the release timing is matched for the previous action.

comment anything and everything on the bowling but please ignore the rest.

also, have attached the previous/old action so that you can judge
yourself how drastic the change is ! :D

C.Gayle

Banned
awesome dude....just now have seen it...

C.Gayle added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

exactly like lee's action....80%perfect

C.Gayle added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

no words to describe

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Accurate Lee style :happy great job Jaks :banana2 :clap

coolz_hari

International Coach
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
This is the problem i am getting when i am trying to download so please upload in some other source

coolz_hari

International Coach
Thank u so much kartik..downloading now

coolz_hari added 11 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I should say excellent. Almost the same action.

My concern is bowler is running a bit slowly & the ball is going before the ball is being delivered.I watched so many times & found these drawbacks But Kartik you are awesome man. what a talent you have got .Please go on.

edit: I have read that it is 80 % complete

coolz_hari added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Now ,after watching this video i am unable to wait for this game. Really please don't stop . Love to buy this game

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
This is my opinnion on this so I might be wrong. The animation looks exactly like Bret Lee's real life bowling action (he bends down a bit right after he starts his run up, etc.) but what I am afraid is that you will probably use this bowling action as a default one too? The old bowling action looks like a default bowling action so you might just keep that for a default bowler or for those that rarely bowl. Also, I am really eager to see some spin animations for bowlers like Harbhajan Singh, Muralidharan, and shane warne (maybe it is shows in one of your previous videos, but I am not sure). Also, I would want to see some batting shots like slog sweep, leg glance, hook shot, over the keeper, down the wicket shot, and a square cut. Don't think that I am demanding alot of previews and putting alot of work on you. You don't have to put previews of everything here, but you can use this as a guide for releasing the next video. Otherwise, you released the bowling animation which is really great because no one would have been able to do that when he is trying to finish a game in 6 months. So its great that you found time to keep us updated. Last thing I want to say is that if I have to pick one game from this and Ashes cricket 2009, I would pick.............TAOC. Good Job!

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My concern is bowler is running a bit slowly & the ball is going before the ball is being delivered.I watched so many times & found these drawbacks But Kartik you are awesome man. what a talent you have got .Please go on.
First post:

the ball gets released a tad early before the hand comes into place.

And the video is slow because it keeps down the file size.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

edit: I have read that it is 80 % complete

Now ,after watching this video i am unable to wait for this game. Really please don't stop . Love to buy this game

thanx hari...but didnt ya read my post ?? :p

coz, it clearly mentions the following :-

- the ball gets released a tad early before the hand comes into place.

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

This is my opinnion on this so I might be wrong. The animation looks exactly like Bret Lee's real life bowling action (he bends down a bit right after he starts his run up, etc.) but what I am afraid is that you will probably use this bowling action as a default one too? The old bowling action looks like a default bowling action so you might just keep that for a default bowler or for those that rarely bowl. Also, I am really eager to see some spin animations for bowlers like Harbhajan Singh, Muralidharan, and shane warne (maybe it is shows in one of your previous videos, but I am not sure). Also, I would want to see some batting shots like slog sweep, leg glance, hook shot, over the keeper, down the wicket shot, and a square cut. Don't think that I am demanding alot of previews and putting alot of work on you. You don't have to put previews of everything here, but you can use this as a guide for releasing the next video. Otherwise, you released the bowling animation which is really great because no one would have been able to do that when he is trying to finish a game in 6 months. So its great that you found time to keep us updated. good job!

thanx ! :)

well, i've modified the old action BY HEAPS and almost made it from scratch.
so, this isnt a concern ! ;)
although you can make the lee action default if ya want to ! :)

spinners,shots and all are coming soon......but i can only make it in 3DS MAX.
its LM who has to implement it in-game.....lets hope hes back into it asap.

coolz_hari

International Coach
oh my hell i didn't see..i was busy in downloading the file.
how much time will it take for you to make a complete bowling action?

Good to see that now a days you are working hard on the game

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Bloody excellent. Truly superb work. This is one graphical area where you have exceeded Codemasters and EA clearly. Not too into video games these days, but I appreciate that it is picture perfect.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Bloody excellent. Truly superb work. This is one graphical area where you have exceeded Codemasters and EA clearly. Not too into video games these days, but I appreciate that it is picture perfect.

WOW !!!! such praise from manee means its definitely a "pinch me" moment !!:eek::banana2

manee

Chairman of Selectors
WOW !!!! such praise from manee means its definitely a "pinch me" moment !!:eek::banana2
Lol, I'm not Simon Cowell. But seriously, that is brilliant, the small details are all right, from the jump height to the dragging of the back foot and the entire follow through.

Inquiry from me, how long does each action take to make and how many could the game take (in terms of memory space) in total?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, I'm not Simon Cowell. But seriously, that is brilliant, the small details are all right, from the jump height to the dragging of the back foot and the entire follow through.

Inquiry from me, how long does each action take to make and how many could the game take (in terms of memory space) in total?

well, depends on the action really...if its a complex one like malinga or lee...
then quite some time....but if its a simple action like a traditional off spinner...then probably a couple of days to make it..and then some more for detailing and technical stuff.

the game can handle loads of it......but the real problem is implementing it in-game..coz, its quite a process and considering LM's situation right now..
i wouldnt want to add salt to the injury !

Users who are viewing this thread