TAOC Sample Vid - May 2009

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can give you suggessions for the bowling action.
Harbhajan Singh- No game so far has his bowling style
Muralidharan- If we can have one for the great leg spinner, Shane Warne, then why not a great off spinner?
Malinga- because of his unique style lol
Sehwag- for an original off spinner or an othordox
Yuvray or daniel vittori- for a normal leg spinner or an othordox
Bret Lee- It is already done!!
Zaheer khan- very different bowling style than other pace bowlers
Glenn Mcgrath- it can be used for many pacers such as Ishant Sharma, and mostly for Munaf Patel
Andrew Flintoff or Sreesanth- normal pace bowling style
Mitchell Johnson- no.1 bowler so far!! He deserves it.

Also, It would be really cool if you pay close attention to Harbhajan Singh, Muralidharan, Shane Warne, Mitchell Johnson, and Zaheer Khan because the rest are normal styles other than these.

Well, I think these are enough. If you are able to make all these than I have no words for you. These bowling styles will fill everyone's needs for good bowling animations. These include bowlers with their unique bowling styles as well as those wth normal ones. You have worked really hard on batting animations to give real feeling of batting, but having these animations will give people a totally new experience in bowling too. No.1 reason I think EA and Cody's games have poor bowling is because of their bowling animations. If many important bowlers have their own bowling styles, It would give true bowling feeling to people.

Are you kidding,his aim is to complete the beta version of game in 6 months and you have made a long list of bowling styles to complete in just 6 months....

Dude,in my opinion,Just add 3 to 4 bowling style for beta version....

Brett Lee is already completed,Fast pace bowler,Normal Spinner(whether Off or leg),Normal Medium Pacer.....

All of us want this game as soon as possible(It includes MD Dhoni too) but by ordering for such a long list would take more time.....

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Heh, the new video animation is definitely Lees style. I like it. Especially compared to BLIC. Look forward to more.

And yeah, keep it simple. Don't overdo it and add tons of bowling actions.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
it wasnt easy at all...i have to do it frame by frame and his action too is quite complex !!

but am really proud of my effort !! just a lil more tweaking of the run-up and it should be perfect ! :D

naresh091

International Cricketer
IIRC the Warne action is made already,isnt it?
I saw it in one of the old videos.Maybe the 'LBW Decision' video.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Are you kidding,his aim is to complete the beta version of game in 6 months and you have made a long list of bowling styles to complete in just 6 months....

Dude,in my opinion,Just add 3 to 4 bowling style for beta version....

Brett Lee is already completed,Fast pace bowler,Normal Spinner(whether Off or leg),Normal Medium Pacer.....

All of us want this game as soon as possible(It includes MD Dhoni too) but by ordering for such a long list would take more time.....

You don't get the point! The purpose of my post was to give suggestions on whose bowling style to choose for which type of bowling action. At the end, I wrote that if you are able to make all of these, then it will be brilliant. Well, a sensible person can just read and understand that finishing all of these animations in less than 6 months are impossible. In my opinion, these should be included in the final version of the game and not the beta one. Why mess up the realism of the game because of 5 or 6 animations? I have been asking Jkartik to give me the bowler's model and I am happy to help make animations but he is ignoring me. Otherwise, I would just make the animations and when I am done all of them, I would release it as a surprise. I am not showing off by saying this or saying I am a brilliant animator, but I have the will to try and make a perfect animation.

@Jkarthik, give me a chance to prove myself, please. Give me the bowler's model and I will make some bowling animations.

Last edited:

William1692

Club Cricketer
@Jkarthik, give me a chance to prove myself, please. Give me the bowler's model and I will make some bowling animations.

This game needs as many people as possible to help it be released quickly. There are not many people willing to put as much effort in to this (apart from LM and JK obv) than MS Dhoni has. I think to speed the game up give MS the stuff as nothing bad can come of it.
Just my opinion but yeah i think its beneficial.
To increase the amount of people willing to help maybe it would be an idea to release what is done. i.e when you release your videos showing you bowling and in some batting also. This would make all the people see how good this can be and more people should want to help.
Personally i will help when needed but have no idea on modelling or anything. I will put efforts into Adding players names, commentary etc all them things if needed. But yeah to get a Beta version done in 6 months loads of people need to be on board. Yes the work might not get put into the final game, but alot of time will be saved as the work could just be edited instead of having to be done completely again.
Just my opinion but releasing what is done will gurantee some more help. Especially with the summer coming lots of youngsters have time off. At college i have 3 months off from Mid June where i can do some serious work if required.
Thanks for reading.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Why don't you show what you can do? They won't just trust anyone with their work. This is the internet. You can't just dole out your hard work like that.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member

Well if you can prove why don't you get a default crap looking bowler model done and show some skills? There isn't really a need for their bowler model only. If you prove to be good enough I'm sure they'll give it to you anyways!

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
I am afraid I am going to agree with the others here MS..

I don't think LM or JK should give away their painstaking work. This doesn't stop you from making your own animation. Even just a generic stick figure or anything would be a good start just to demo your skills to them...

Why don't you post some of your previous animations in this thread?

Yusuf

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
First of all, thanks for supporting me.
Second, the thing I suck at is preparing a model to animate. I can do animations but I can't make a model for animation. Also, I will just make an animation with the model, I won't steal it and start making my own game. C'mon, you can understand what I mean. He doesn't need to put it up here to download, he can PM me the model and I am pretty sure that the mods won't steal it. As Will said, nothing wrong can come out of it. If someone else can make me a model of a guy which is ready for an animation, then I am willing to show what I can do. But, if I put hard work on it and then I am told to do the same thing with the real bowler's model, it will take alot of time and I wouldn't want to do it again. Before, I was told many times that I demand alot of stuff but don't contribute, but now, I want to contribute but I am not getting a chance.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
First of all I want to say well done.

But one the negative side, I've been reading posts where you say you are going to try and complete the game in 6 months, good luck to you, but what concerns me here is that what I have watched is essentially 2 very similar looking videos. I realise of course a lot has changed and a hell of a lot of work has gone into it. But it just seems to me that you've been releasing short videos of a bowler running up and bowling a ball for ever now, I don't see any progress towards making the game complete.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
First of all I want to say well done.

But one the negative side, I've been reading posts where you say you are going to try and complete the game in 6 months, good luck to you, but what concerns me here is that what I have watched is essentially 2 very similar looking videos. I realise of course a lot has changed and a hell of a lot of work has gone into it. But it just seems to me that you've been releasing short videos of a bowler running up and bowling a ball for ever now, I don't see any progress towards making the game complete.

i dont get it....:confused:

this is the first video i've released in over a year showing any update.

and tbh..i released this video to up the tempo of the forum....like an assurance that we are still working on the game...!
this was not the kind "look...this is what we have done
in over a year".

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

First of all, thanks for supporting me.
Second, the thing I suck at is preparing a model to animate. I can do animations but I can't make a model for animation. Also, I will just make an animation with the model, I won't steal it and start making my own game. C'mon, you can understand what I mean. He doesn't need to put it up here to download, he can PM me the model and I am pretty sure that the mods won't steal it. As Will said, nothing wrong can come out of it. If someone else can make me a model of a guy which is ready for an animation, then I am willing to show what I can do. But, if I put hard work on it and then I am told to do the same thing with the real bowler's model, it will take alot of time and I wouldn't want to do it again. Before, I was told many times that I demand alot of stuff but don't contribute, but now, I want to contribute but I am not getting a chance.

dude.....get serious. if you want to animate anything, then you NEED to make the model accordingly....

and am not saying make a new model,rig it and animate it just for showing your skills. i asked you to show any animation that you've learnt or have been learning....be it a ball, text, planes,cars etc...dont care......

show me anything that you have done with regards to animation.
cant be more blunt and specific than this !

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
i dont get it....:confused:

this is the first video i've released in over a year showing any update.

and tbh..i released this video to up the tempo of the forum....like an assurance that we are still working on the game...!
this was not the kind "look...this is what we have done
in over a year".

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

dude.....get serious. if you want to animate anything, then you NEED to make the model accordingly....

and am not saying make a new model,rig it and animate it just for showing your skills. i asked you to show any animation that you've learnt or have been learning....be it a ball, text, planes,cars etc...dont care......

show me anything that you have done with regards to animation.
cant be more blunt and specific than this !

I can't model characters to animate but I can show you some animations. How about I show you some bowling animations? I mean like the ball hitting the stumps and that kind of stuff.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Maya comes with some default rigged characters. Try those.

Ball hitting stumps animations are easy, and can even be automated by Maya if you know what you are doing.

Stop fussing and get on and do something.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
in my knowledge,you dont need the player model for animation....
did you???

you can just take default model from max or maya and create the animation with it which JK or LM would convert to player model if they will be needing your animation....

i dont have much knowledge about animation so forgive me if i am speaking Nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread