TAOC: The Truth

• Thread starter Deleted member 13648
  • Start date

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all, this isn't another video. Kev, the tit, killed them dead.
Muwhahaha

I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You announce you are working on something via a forum and try and get some help. Result you get loads of people who say they will help and then don't, plus a load of people expecting you to finish it in no time. In the good old days before the interweb thingymebob loads of people started work on games/programs that never made it anywhere near to completion, just nobody knew!

Will this get finished? I don't know, I can only hope so. But one thing for sure is that forum members don't really have any say in it.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Muwhahaha

I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You announce you are working on something via a forum and try and get some help. Result you get loads of people who say they will help and then don't, plus a load of people expecting you to finish it in no time. In the good old days before the interweb thingymebob loads of people started work on games/programs that never made it anywhere near to completion, just nobody knew!

Will this get finished? I don't know, I can only hope so. But one thing for sure is that forum members don't really have any say in it.

Not yet, Kev, but as i said, once it is in a 'playable' state they will get more of it than they'd ever asked for ;)

thanfire

School Cricketer

@ JK...

... Pardon me?

thanfire added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

@ JK...

... Pardon me?

P

pcfan123

is this game supposed to be on the same level as cricket revolution? or is it an even lower budget project?

pal

International Coach
is this game supposed to be on the same level as cricket revolution? or is it an even lower budget project?

It's just two guys collaborating on a game. There's no budget involved. That's why I think there shouldn't be any pressure on them to do anything. We want to see them succeed, but it's up to them to do as they wish.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
It's just two guys collaborating on a game. There's no budget involved. That's why I think there shouldn't be any pressure on them to do anything. We want to see them succeed, but it's up to them to do as they wish.

well, i think we'r working more than what we wished for and the results that we're getting are more than satisfactory !

so, in short - we're on a roll right now ! :D

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
So thought i better respond….

btw, it's an open forum and everyone's entitled to their opinions. And yeah, definitely there are some things that we should probably clear up.

So let's start by clearing a few things up.

i) Despite the 'myth' that seems to have been created by our little project called The Art Of Cricket, some people must have gotten the idea that it was a full ‘community’ project or perhaps even ‘open source’? It was always being developed primarily by myself, with aid from community members - a call was put out at the beginning for help and we got all sorts of great responses from people. Do you know that to date we have not received one completed stadium from any stadium maker that put up their hand? Im not complaining, just saying that it's hard to find good, reliable people who have time to spend (in their own free time) to work on something like this - for NO PAYMENT mind you. Having said this, i have received some great input and code even from people such as Lazy Chestnut (Tom) and AbBh and others, and this has been very much appreciated and will likely be used in the final product.

ii) TAOC will be released. We do not intend to release a product that is less that great or has major bugs. This does however take an awful lot of time to develop. If you can wait for us then excellent, otherwise I apologise but we will not be releasing a buggy version that does not live up to the name.

iii) We are not driven by money, we are not being paid. This is the fundamental difference between us and our ‘competitiors’. I have lost count of how many hours I have spent on this over the last 4.5 years!

iv) TAOC will be the best cricket sim ever released. This is fact ;)

v) Once the game is in a BETA stage, i.e. is actually playable, it WILL be released to a large number of BETA TESTERS. Let me clarify BETA stage – this means the game is still far from completion – it is not a DEMO – BETA means the playtesters will have a long time to play the FULL version (at least a month) in which I’d expect they can refer ALL bugs and requests for improvements to us.

vi) The ‘Community’ aspect of the game will be realized at the BETA stage and on release when you will discover that almost EVERYTHING is unencrypted and sitting right there to be edited as you wish, bar the core code.

vii) What can I say to everyone that doesn’t sound like more and more lies like the other big guys have said? Well, I trust that the fact we have been transparent from day one (people following the progress from 4.5 years ago will understand this) is proof enough that we mean business.

viii) If the game does cost anything on release it will be a small amount that would go towards recouping our losses.

Anyhoo, I got stuff to work on, cant spend all day posting lol ;)

Oh yeah, and the big annoucement is gonna knock some of yer socks off ;)

I agree with everything accept the bold sentence. I have posted about 5 replies in 5 different threads regarding my stadium. Its been completed 8 months ago. I contacted Jk about this but no reply from him. I cannot seem to open the stadium template in Maya so I can resize it accordign to the game. I am willing to give my stadium Maya file to you guys so you can resize it yourself. And I am not talking about that crappy stadium I made before but the most recent one in which I have put alot of hard work into.

P

pcfan123

haha wow, I had no idea it was such a small project, well good luck to you lot, im sure it will be better than anything EA has put out, but AC09 is definitely the new bar.

Users who are viewing this thread