TAOC Videos With Sound (Oct 08)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
before you come to any conclusions, let me tell you that this video
is with the old models as the new models are yet to be imported(work-in-progress) ;)

there is absolutely nothing new in these videos except for the fact that
i have synchronized real life sounds with it and it looks so much cooler.....

now, you must be wondering why go through the trouble of showing us
something we've already seen...! i understand, but all the on-going
cricket esp the ind-aus series lured me into it !! :p

have done only 2 as of now.....will do more once the new models are
finalized or if you really liked it, i can do more with the old ones as well... ! :D

LINK :-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnzgmiwoihm

cheers :cheers

JK

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jaks, i think there is something wrong with the video :(

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India

No, something wrong with your computer. It's working fine for me.

Great work JK! Very promising signs. Hope to see more in the near future.

William1692

Club Cricketer
Looks quality, do you think you can get real peoples saying for every moment in the game? Also is the "yorker" video supposed to have a video, all i hear is sound.
Keep up the awesome work!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors

Looks quality, do you think you can get real peoples saying for every moment in the game? Also is the "yorker" video supposed to have a video, all i hear is sound.
Keep up the awesome work!

you both need to download the K Lite Codec Pack for that.....
as i've encoded it with XVid.

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_lite_codec_pack_download.htm

download the 4.1.7 FULL version just to be on the safer side ;)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
That is some awesome work there!

I have just a few comments to make though and I know how hard you guys have worked just a few small things...In the yorker video they bowler kind of looks as if he is running on ice. Also the batsmen in that video...is he a tailender? by the way he is batting it looks as if he should be? if not then it may need sorting a bit....

The LBW video looks really good the run up is good...but I think the umpire ma have made a wrong decision :P...looks to me as if it was missing and too high :p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Few comments from me. Take into account that I admire your workfor the project and just wish to constructively criticise for the purposes of improvement.

LBW Video
- I think the leg spin bowler gets through his action far too quickly; look at Shane Warne, where the action is methodical.
- The bat comes down sideways for the defense shot.
- The bowler is standing right in front of the umpire
- This is probably because he approaches from that particular angle, whereas someone like Warne went 'through' the umpire to go around the wicket.
- Keeper is standing outside the leg stump, he should be outside the off stump

Yorker Video
The fast bowling action is poor.
- The run up is okay, though there could be a more pronnounced acceleration to the crease.
- Both feet bound, straightened into the air at the same time, whereas a fast bowlers jump is more like this with (right hand bowler) right knee driven forward and the left leg sort of bent, ready to uncoil on backfoot landing. Check out the left leg coil here
- Consequently, the front leg does not get high after backfoot landing, which it does for 95% of fast bowlers. An extreme example is here
- A great majority of fast bowlers under the height of 6ft 5(ish) keep their backfoot on the ground until release, as it gives greater leverage. An example of such is here
- In the video, the bowler practically delivers the ball while in the air, off both feet, no one does this, with the slight exception of your Tanvirs, Walkers or Procters, but even they deliver the ball before front foot landing rather than after the front foot comes up.
- The follow through looks like it is delivered 'on ice'. However, the steps after bowling can be (though not always) the most impactful a bowler can have.
- I do like the swing though and how the ball goes through bat and pad though.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

No, something wrong with your computer. It's working fine for me.

Great work JK! Very promising signs. Hope to see more in the near future.

Eery time i am downloading its stops on 99% :(

DC4CL5TS953HR2ZF.PNG

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Few comments from me. Take into account that I admire your workfor the project and just wish to constructively criticise for the purposes of improvement.

LBW Video
- I think the leg spin bowler gets through his action far too quickly; look at Shane Warne, where the action is methodical.
- The bat comes down sideways for the defense shot.
- The bowler is standing right in front of the umpire
- This is probably because he approaches from that particular angle, whereas someone like Warne went 'through' the umpire to go around the wicket.
- Keeper is standing outside the leg stump, he should be outside the off stump

Yorker Video
The fast bowling action is poor.
- The run up is okay, though there could be a more pronnounced acceleration to the crease.
- Both feet bound, straightened into the air at the same time, whereas a fast bowlers jump is more like this with (right hand bowler) right knee driven forward and the left leg sort of bent, ready to uncoil on backfoot landing. Check out the left leg coil here
- Consequently, the front leg does not get high after backfoot landing, which it does for 95% of fast bowlers. An extreme example is here
- A great majority of fast bowlers under the height of 6ft 5(ish) keep their backfoot on the ground until release, as it gives greater leverage. An example of such is here
- In the video, the bowler practically delivers the ball while in the air, off both feet, no one does this, with the slight exception of your Tanvirs, Walkers or Procters, but even they deliver the ball before front foot landing rather than after the front foot comes up.
- The follow through looks like it is delivered 'on ice'. However, the steps after bowling can be (though not always) the most impactful a bowler can have.
- I do like the swing though and how the ball goes through bat and pad though.

thanx manee for analysis the vidoes almost frame by frame :D..yeah...both LM and me are aware of the "ICE" effect LOL ! :p...this will be fixed once the new models are imported !

let me explain why it happens. the bowler action and the run-up are
different anims and are not fluid. so, during the game, they are mixed together(in-game). hence, it feels a lil jerky...as it doesnt have
a smooth transition from the run-up to the action..

also,the speed and the motion of the anim is being controlled by the game engine.what happens here is that the length of the jump and the speed / stops during the follow through cannot be controlled which leads
to the ICE effect and the bowler coming in front of the umpire etc.

but now, we'll be creating a completely new running anim and
each action will have its own run-up anim.
so, this means that brett lee can have his own run-up with the
action and not necessarily the default run-up combined with his
action.....

i hope you all got what i wanted to convey hehehe !! :p

75% of the things you mentioned are already in the BUG-LIST
which will be attended once all the new model thing gets taken
care of ! ;)

also, i created the bowling action when i was learning animation
and wanted to give it a try...its around 8 months old and my skills
have improve much more and i'll try to create a better,smooth and
technically sound looking bowler action soon :)

That is some awesome work there!

Also the batsmen in that video...is he a tailender? by the way he is batting it looks as if he should be? if not then it may need sorting a bit....

The LBW video looks really good the run up is good...but I think the umpire ma have made a wrong decision :P...looks to me as if it was missing and too high :p

the batting anims are over 15 months old and was created when paul
was the only one working on the anims and as he had to create all
of them on his own..he couldnt afford much attention to detail which is what
exactly am striving for ! :)
i promise you the next video will have much better anims...

although it wont be a complete overhaul or anything as the anims
are hard-coded into the engine and hence, i'll have to tweak them taking into account the exact no of frames and positions of the old ones
or else it'll be a nightmare for Paul.

jkartik added 3 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

hmm....try disabling / uninstalling IDM and download with your
browser's download manager ;)

Last edited:

stevo1

Club Cricketer
In the LBW vid, I think the bowling action is very good as manee said if it was a tad slower maybe it would look absolutely superb, but different leg spinners have different actions, so I think the action is great well done!

William1692

Club Cricketer
Just a little issue, when the bowler has bowled, the umpires view is disrupted so how can he give teh LBW decision if he cant see.

gazaspin

School Cricketer
nice vids m8! I think the sound and commentary is very good.will you get a vid when they appeal for lbw?they just stand there.but very good jkartik

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer

DC4CL5TS953HR2ZF.PNG
Dont download it with IDM. Previously even i had problem with mediashare and IDM. It just stops at 99%
instead before downloading press ctrl+alt and then click on download!!!
Happy Downloading!!

I saw the videos.The commentary work is just gr8.I really didnt expect this from you guys!
keep going!will be waiting for the one with the new models!

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Am I being stupid, but in the LBW, isn't the ball hitting him on the glove/bat handle?

No, you are right, the ball was hiiting gloves and it was outside off stump. I really dunno how the umpire gave that out :p maybe it was just for testing :) tbh i really like the intensity. Another thing i noticed that the umpire was too quick while giving that decisison. Reagrding the yorker, i think the bowler was fast during the line up and his action and movement was too slow just before the delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread