Team Subsection

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I really liked the idea of separate threads for separate teams during the IPL and T20WC. Perhaps we could have a separate subsection altogether in the Cricket Chat for it. Just an idea.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I was thinking that earlier. Maybe replace the debate or your cricket. It'll be good and then everyone can concentrate on talking about there own team without being interrupted by others.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah just move those countries threads from T20 sub forum to Cricket teams sub forum.

Sureshot

Executive member
I think it could be messy if we have the subsections and the international tours sub-forum too. Things will get discussed in both.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I think it could be messy if we have the subsections and the international tours sub-forum too. Things will get discussed in both.

Perhaps we could rename the 'domestic' threads for this? If a series is going on and we still want to make a slightly unrelated post regarding one of the participating nations, we can still post it in there, I suppose. It sounds messy in theory but generally people work out where to post what. It's what I thought in the IPL as well, but it worked out fairly well in the end.

shravi added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Yeah I was thinking that earlier. Maybe replace the debate or your cricket. It'll be good and then everyone can concentrate on talking about there own team without being interrupted by others.

Yep, very good point. For example, people (non-Indians) always seem to get annoyed when we (Indians) talk about India for some reason. If there are more Indian members then surely you should expect more discussion on Indian cricket. If you don't want to add anything to the discussion or feel it isn't worthy of your "high stature", just don't post in the goddamn thread.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Wouldn't mind an Ashes sub section like the T20 World Cup one though. Be easier to have a thread for each Test, the warm-ups and the ODI's/T20's.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I really like this idea,would be easier to post any news about the teams in their respective threads instead of starting new threads everytime an event happens.Would reduce spam too.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
On the other hand generic team threads make it harder to search and be aware of the current discussions. A team forum would be the best thing but we don't have the activity to justify it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
An Ashes sub forum is a must. You can't have 5 tests in one thread again.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The problem with making an Ashes sub forum is members from other countries will be demanding their series also have sub forums.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The problem with making an Ashes sub forum is members from other countries will be demanding their series also have sub forums.

Nah, I think we all realize how big the Ashes is. At least I do.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And?

You mean Indians will bitch about it? Don't they realize the Ashes is the biggest series of them all?

Users who are viewing this thread