Sachin Tendulkar vs Inzamam Ul Haq

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
All this just an excuse to say Inzamam is better than Tendulkar? Not buying your argument for heaven's sake. Inzamam could have been exposed even worser. We might not know. He was no saint.

This has nothing to do with Inzamam - I do not know why you even bring up Inzamam in here. Inzamam NEVER started shaking his head when he clearly edged the ball and pretending that he wasn't out. The only instance I can remember is when he was given out obstructing the field, which is completely different from an edge.

What do you mean Inzamam could have been exposed worser? First of all, worser isn't a word, as far as I know. Secondly Tendular has always tried to make the umpire and players think he has not edged a ball when he has, or vice versa. Inzamam has never done that. I'm not sure whats there to expose...

If you have played even tape ball cricket, you will know that if you have edged a ball, you ALWAYS know. It doesn't matter who you are, if you are the batsman, and you have even got a SLIGHT nick on a ball, you will know.

And since you decided to bring up whether Inzamam is a better batsman than Tendulkar, I believe he is :). And why is that? Let's explore that, shall we?

First of all, I'd like you to agree with me on one point - You would rather have a batsman who plays match-winning knocks than a batsman who doesn't play as many match-winning knocks.

Assuming you agree with that point, lets look at something that just can't lie. Statistics :)

Inzamam-ul-Haq in games Pakistan have won: averages a HUGE 78.16. And guess what? Thats in 49 test matches. How can one average 78.16 in 49 matches, is amazing.

How about Sachin Tendulkar, who apparently is a better batsman than Inzamam?

Sachin Tendular is another match-winner, but definitely not better than Inzamam.

Why? - Sachin Tendulkar averages 62.11 in test matches India have won.

Can I rest my case? :)

And please don't mention Younus Khan, that'll only make Sachin look worse :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Tendulkar v Inzamam

Since zMario thinks that Inzamam-Ul-Haq was a better cricketer then Sachin Tendulkar, I decided to put it up to a poll.

Go ahead and vote.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Since zMario thinks that Inzamam-Ul-Haq was a better cricketer then Sachin Tendulkar, I decided to put it up to a poll.

Go ahead and vote.
I actually said batsman, but cricketer works as well.

Inzamam didn't moan and wail and try to convince the umpire he didn't edge a ball when he did.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sachin doesn't go beating people up in the crowd ;)

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Oh and btw, how did zMario's first post get ahead of mine :p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Okay,

Statsguru time...

If we filter out Bangladesh, Tendulkar's batting average is 52.83 and Inzamam's is 48.70. Enough said, evidently not. Tendulkar has shown prowess all over the world whereas Inzamam has struggled on quick pitches. In Australia, he averages 30.87 and in South Africa, he averages 31.78. Tendulkar's lowest country average is 39.76 in South Africa.

To refute zMario's solitary point; Tendulkar's average is lower in won games simply because games have been won for India by Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman and Sehwag whereas Inzamam has had no such extent of 'statistical problem'.

manee added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Oh and btw, how did zMario's first post get ahead of mine :p

So, I'm not good with computers, sue me:p.

PS: Public poll! Hooray.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I actually said batsman, but cricketer works as well.

Inzamam didn't moan and wail and try to convince the umpire he didn't edge a ball when he did.

What does that have to do with how good of a batsman he is? Moreover, Inzamam did not have an elbow injury blight the end of his career as it has to Sachin.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
And Sachin doesn't really do that either. He hit his pad, which he thought was the ball.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Inzaman beats up spectators, Inzaman hands down :p.

Sachin is better, simple as that.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
What does that have to do with how good of a batsman he is? Moreover, Inzamam did not have an elbow injury blight the end of his career as it has to Sachin.
There's a big difference between the batsman and the complete cricketer (attitude to the game, etc.)

Anyway, I'm gonna sleep on all these reasons, and give an appropriate response tomorrow morning (Its 12:42 AM here :))

manee

Chairman of Selectors
There's a big difference between the batsman and the complete cricketer (attitude to the game, etc.)

Sachin's attitude for the game is not nearly as bad as you make out.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Should I bring Dravid in this thread?

P.S You will ONLY win a Inzi vs Sach thread on ur pak forums not any other forums. Hope that clears everything up. :)

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Why? Because this forum is full of Indians?

The Blazer added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

I'm a huge Sachin fan as it is- So let's have a serious discussion. Fanboy comments aren't going to get us far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread