TENNIS Tennis games

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Looking for a decent tennis game on the PS3. What are the most recent ones to look at?

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
TopSpin and Virtua Tennis seem to be the go from what I have heard, I don't own either of them though and I'm not sure if they are both out on PS3. Fairly sure they are the top two tennis games though, so you might want to start from there and checking out gameplay videos etc.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Virtua Tennis 2009. Don't know whether a 2010 version is out or not.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I have the Top Spin 3 Demo and it is pretty good. This is coming from someone who isn't a tennis fan at all.

But I would probably go for the most recent Virtua Tennis game. Both seem to be pretty good, but Top Spin 3 came out a few years ago IIRC and Virtua Tennis is much newer.

Just download the demos from the Playstation Store and see which one's gameplay you like better. In addition the Top Spin 3 demo, there is also a Virtua Tennis demo from a few years ago.

RoseJan123

School Cricketer
I used to play this game, it was pretty simple and fun:

Two teams of 2/3 begin behind the base line on each side of the net. The coach or pro, being you, would place the ball on top of the net and let it fall to one of the sides. Both teams run up to the net and try to get the ball. Once a team gets the ball, they must run back behind the service line and feed the ball to the other team and they play out a point. This game was called "steal the bacon" where I played it, I believe.

Bounce

County Cricketer
If Virtua Tennis 2010 isn't released, then I can undoubtedly say that Virtua Tennis 2009 is the best tennis game currently.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nope... Top Spin is better... VT2009 is way arcade type for me. TS give you more control over your shots

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Are there any tennis games with a realistic career mode, not one where you have to play some stupid mini games to train, or one where you have matches that only start at the quarter final stage? PC or PS3. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On PC, TopSpin 2 is only one that has a decent career mode.You get to play all rounds and if you are a rookie then you get to play grand-slam qualifiers too:happy

harrisb

International Coach
although the graphics might not be good, but i don't see the point paying for a game on Ps3 when sticktennis has good gameplay and is free.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Are there any tennis games with a realistic career mode, not one where you have to play some stupid mini games to train, or one where you have matches that only start at the quarter final stage? PC or PS3. :)
I like Virtua Tennis 2009's career mode a lot. :yes

koeloe

Associate Cricketer
Tennis elbow 2011 the best tennis game for pc by a mile:)

Users who are viewing this thread