TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

TomW777

Club Captain
The weekly reveal. There's a character creator. Could it be the same as AO2?

View attachment 236533

Interesting when in the original press release it was ruled out (https://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1249...n-nouveau-depart-avec-une-nouvelle-equipe.htm)
"Titles such as eFootball PES or AO Tennis have in recent years offered solutions facilitating the use of mods to compensate for the lack of licenses in their games. Clément Nicolin has confirmed here that this would not be the case for Tennis World Tour 2, which intends to compensate for this choice with the presence of official licenses (players, fields, equipment manufacturers, etc.) :

No, it is not in the DNA of Tennis World Tour and it will not be a feature of the game. We prefer to focus our efforts on integrating licensed content. We have so many exciting new names that we're introducing with TWT2, including some really big names that will be here for the first time! We can't tell you everything right now, but stay tuned!"

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
This is what they meant by "showing off the character creator". A single screenshot.

upload_2020-8-15_13-5-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-15_13-3-9.png
    upload_2020-8-15_13-3-9.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 5
D

Deleted member 193590

Apexhound giving the game a try,not sure i'm keen on all this card boost stuff.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Both ao2 and wt1 have timing systems looks like a hybrid between ao2 and wt1 not getting what they have achieved with this new game ao2 with gimmicks wt1 with better graphics

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Both ao2 and wt1 have timing systems looks like a hybrid between ao2 and wt1 not getting what they have achieved with this new game ao2 with gimmicks wt1 with better graphics

I agree. If Big Ant's task was to make the game better than TWT1, then they seem to have achieved that. Other than that, so far I see nothing exciting that would make me want to buy it, and I agree with @Chris Swift about the cards.

Still, I'm open to being convinced that this is worth buying.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Having read that the cynic would say they have managed to combine the worse elements of both games .

I read this:

"you can purchase packs of cards that can be used either to boost your player's skills or lower your opponent's abilities during a match."

So you can just decide to lower your opponent's abilities? I'm losing so I'll make my opponent play worse? How is that anyone's idea of realism?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I read this:

"you can purchase packs of cards that can be used either to boost your player's skills or lower your opponent's abilities during a match."

So you can just decide to lower your opponent's abilities? I'm losing so I'll make my opponent play worse? How is that anyone's idea of realism?
That bit sounds a bit odd. Although I could imagine in PvP it could be quite fun. The cards are an interesting idea, although it depends on whether it is legitimately something that will engage you strategically (different choices at different times or against certain opponents) or whether some cards will always be the best ones to buy.

I'm more amazed by this:

"You can now stop a match in the middle of it and then pick it up again later, for those interested in playing longer matches but might not have the time to do it in one shot."

Did the last game not have a save function? WTF

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm more amazed by this:

"You can now stop a match in the middle of it and then pick it up again later, for those interested in playing longer matches but might not have the time to do it in one shot."

Yeah, they make it sound like it's a revolutionary feature. I don't think it was in the last game.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Yeah, they make it sound like it's a revolutionary feature. I don't think it was in the last game.
That bit sounds a bit odd. Although I could imagine in PvP it could be quite fun. The cards are an interesting idea, although it depends on whether it is legitimately something that will engage you strategically (different choices at different times or against certain opponents) or whether some cards will always be the best ones to buy.

I'm more amazed by this:

I know it's easy to mock this but to be totally fair NO other console Tennis game has had this besides the AO series. So as far as TENNIS games go, it is kind of a rare feature.

Users who are viewing this thread