TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Worlds largest sports game developer? I admire the ambition but unless backing comes from EA or 2K or an Aussie billionaire comes in and splashes the cash, they'll never reach those heights.

Seems like he's planning to be at that level inside the next 5 years... They'd need to outsell FIFA, whatever EA call their next football game, Madden, NBA 2K, WWE 2K and such to reach top level status. Good luck to him, he'll need it given their track record in recent years.
Just the fact that they plan to grow is good enough for me.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
All businesses plan to grow.That isn't really saying anything.An Afl game is very niche rugby less but neither will sell bucketloads .They have a chance with cricket but would need to massively up the budget to make a triple A game.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
All I meant was there is growth you can do on your own, and then there is growth you can do when you're backed by a larger company.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Yeah I think their biggest issue is that apart from the cricket series, most of their titles won't have a big reach globally. Tennis would likely finish behind the cricket series given you'd imagine the cricket games would sell very well in the sub continent.

RiderJake

School Cricketer
Yeah I think their biggest issue is that apart from the cricket series, most of their titles won't have a big reach globally. Tennis would likely finish behind the cricket series given you'd imagine the cricket games would sell very well in the sub continent.
But tennis will sell well around the world :)

Nard2020

Club Captain
It depends on the quality of the game they make. Focus is solely on the new AFL game at the moment it seems.
But hasn’t Tennis (AO 2) been Big Ant’s most successful game to date?
But tennis will sell well around the world :)
Yeah, I’d imagine a “good” Tennis game will always outsell a “good” cricket game globally.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
But hasn’t Tennis (AO 2) been Big Ant’s most successful game to date?

Yeah, I’d imagine a “good” Tennis game will always outsell a “good” cricket game globally.
I'd imagine it likely has been their most successful? No word if we'll see a new game though. The new AFL game is set to come out before the next new season, which will be March 2023.

January 2023 and May 2023 will mark 3 years since the last AO and TWT releases.

Users who are viewing this thread