TENNIS Tennis World Tour

D

Deleted member 46200

A thread to discuss the new Tennis World Tour game, due to be released around the time of the French Open.
Correct me if I'm wrong is there another (newer) edition of tennis elbow possibly coming onto console, I understand there maybe a few ifs and buts but maybe.

D

Deleted member 46200

Yup, forgot about that one as I don't play it anymore.
Doesn't look bad for 2013. Being honest, looking for a rehash of Top spin 4 that's our bench mark and being last gen I hope they can improve on it?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Some more info about the Tennis World Tour. An interesting interview/discussion along with gameplay in the video below...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When is this releasing?

D

Deleted member 9102

The ball looks so slow and floaty :( Seems like animations drive the gameplay in a weird way too, look at that response after the lob at 5:48 - the lob lands not far from the player's position, nowhere near the baseline, yet there's still that long, slow, laboured animation leading up to an overhead flick... Ugly.

I'll assume (and hope) this is still early alpha footage.

JoeS31

Club Captain
"Not representative of final quality", lets hope so! Looks nice but everything seems too slow :noway

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
For me to be interested in this when it's released, it would need something that Full Ace and AO Tennis don't have. And I don't mean just Roger Federer.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
The ball looks so slow and floaty :( Seems like animations drive the gameplay in a weird way too, look at that response after the lob at 5:48 - the lob lands not far from the player's position, nowhere near the baseline, yet there's still that long, slow, laboured animation leading up to an overhead flick... Ugly.

I'll assume (and hope) this is still early alpha footage.

That and the players are able to get to shots that should be winners, especially on the forehand side. They need to tweak the game to have the right balance between players and ball speeds. I'll give them vote of confidence as the core team did develop Top Spin 4 and the fact they have been sharing alpha footage of the gameplay means they have confidence. I would've been far more worried with no gameplay and say less than a couple of weeks to go for the release of the game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as unless Full Ace Tennis makes an appearance on the consoles, this seems to be the only decent tennis option out there.

D

Deleted member 9102

Full Ace would likely run on any sort of laptop/PC you have... The minimum requirements are very light and console controllers can be used on PC (I use an XB1 pad). If not Full Ace, then Tennis Elbow has even lesser system requirements.

Tbh I thought the same issues with the physics/gameplay were present in TS4 that I see in the TWT videos, ball being too slow/floaty, rallies being too long/boring etc. Maybe these developers' idea of a tennis game is just not something I have any interest in.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Full Ace would likely run on any sort of laptop/PC you have... The minimum requirements are very light and console controllers can be used on PC (I use an XB1 pad). If not Full Ace, then Tennis Elbow has even lesser system requirements.

Tbh I thought the same issues with the physics/gameplay were present in TS4 that I see in the TWT videos, ball being too slow/floaty, rallies being too long/boring etc. Maybe these developers' idea of a tennis game is just not something I have any interest in.

I'm more of a tablet user. All my personal devices are either tablets or mobile phones. The only laptop I tow around is the work one and I wouldn't want to install personal software (especially a game) on that. I will wait for Tennis World Tour and if I don't like it, will get a laptop for full ace tennis.

Edit: Quick question though... would a laptop's graphics card meet the game's requirements coz as per Steam the game requires "3D card with OpenGL 3.0 or DirectX9 2 Gb". I thought generally a laptop's inbuilt integrated card doesn't meet requirements for games.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm more of a tablet user. All my personal devices are either tablets or mobile phones. The only laptop I tow around is the work one and I wouldn't want to install personal software (especially a game) on that. I will wait for Tennis World Tour and if I don't like it, will get a laptop for full ace tennis.

Edit: Quick question though... would a laptop's graphics card meet the game's requirements coz as per Steam the game requires "3D card with OpenGL 3.0 or DirectX9 2 Gb". I thought generally a laptop's inbuilt integrated card doesn't meet requirements for games.

That's a question the Full Ace developer may be able to answer. If you can access the Steam discussions for the game, you should post the question there, as he monitors that very closely.

christy_lenin1

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It runs fine on my Yoga-510 but the fps is on the lower side.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
More gameplay footage along with a glimpse of controls (somewhere after 13.00 mark). However the video is in french and I would love to see someone post a brief summary of the key points the guy mentioned in the video...

Users who are viewing this thread