The 12th Man

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Humour and Jokes Section or the Cricket Chat section. Decided to put it here.

Has anyone got the The 12th Man's new album, Boned? I think it is great. There is so many funny things on there. When he does the Kiwi football team - that is hilarious. "No I don't know how to spell it" :p. When they record the song "Marvellous" is great as well. Such a funny album - although the swearing is a bit much it is really funny to listen to.

What else do you think is funny?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its absolutely hilarious!!!! Nah man the swearing makes it better...oh but the best is Bill Lawry!!!! Ohh McGrath got him thin edge!!! First ball of the day!!!! Then Griegy says "And Strauss just lets it go through to the keeper lol

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
"He is our Ray Charles of the commentary box". :D

What about when they go on the Alan Jones Radio Show. "How did you know Alan?" :D.

Mark Nicholas sounds nothing like him though.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Not as good as The Final Dig, but that was the funniest thing in the world, Hansie Cronje is hillarious!
Mark Taylor (lightning fast): Certainly been an... excellent batting display by the Australians Hansie Cronje.
HC: You bet it has Mark. My money's certainly on them at this stage of the game, that's for sure. 7/635 they'd ne odds on the Australians. I'll wager New Zealand will have a devil a time trying to score that many. The result of this match, pretty much a foregone conclusion really and that's how I like em Mark.

And, "When some big Kiwi pr*ck gets a four from a snick that's Perorae!

The best from this one was tough, The 12th Man is great with the even more exaggerated calling of all of them, I love the petition, when Ian Chappell goes, "uh, excuse me, uh, miss, uh we're, uh Ian Chappell and, uh, Mark Taylor and uh we've recently been uh sacked from the uh commentary team and uh Tubby?"
And then he says in about 5 seconds what they're doing and she goes "look I didn't understand a word you said so I'll just sign it!"

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Warney: Make sure you don't hit one Straussy, or we'll have you up for ball tampering!
Greigy: And that's supposed to be 'funny', is it?
Bill: Oh, piss off Tony, that is one of the best sledges you will ever hear, my friend. Shane Warne is a genius, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

:D great stuff

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Well I have only heard "Boned" and a couple more.

"I just want to make a shout-out to all my homos out there". :D

Hooper

ICC Board Member
HAHA! just listened to it again.

Boy Tony Grieg and Bill Lawry on the first day of the GABBA Test! Bloody hilarious!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
What about how Michael Clarke falls over his stumps because he is laughing so hard when Tony Greig is going to bowl to him.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
The whole album is funny. Lefty you should start a poll for favourite 12th Man album. I haven't heard all of the Wired World Sports but heard a few snippets when I was on QANTAS and they were interviewing Billy Birmingham about it. Anna Bolic tests positive for steroids.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I would say the Final Dig or the first actual 12th Man CD...That was a classic, with Maxy Walker.

formula1man

International Cricketer
boned is pretty good but my favourite is the 12th man again and still the 12th man. i find the match against new zealand on final dig pretty funny too

madmusician

Club Cricketer
Now the 12th Man albums are available on iTunes in the UK, and I have heard bits of Boned! and downloaded the first day of the first test. LOL

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Final Dig is my favourite, but all of them are great. Boned is good, but out of all the cricket albums (excludes Bill Lawry this is your life and the WWOS ones) I'd probably call it the worst. The originals were great and of course so was The Final Dig?

Users who are viewing this thread