Draft: The 2010s - To celebrate the best players during the decade

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thank you. Surprised you went Prior over Haddin!

I don’t think Prior is a number 6, against the strong attacks in this draft. But tbf with that attack, I doubt you’ll face many big totals!!

my 12th man is Angelo Matthews. I very nearly picked him as my number 6 and a very occasional bowler. But when I remembered SRT was eligible, I had to plump for him!!

@AsadRM please pick a 12th man

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thank you. Surprised you went Prior over Haddin!

I don’t think Prior is a number 6, against the strong attacks in this draft. But tbf with that attack, I doubt you’ll face many big totals!!

I just think Prior was the better cricketer. Haddin is perhaps better remembered because all his heroics came in Ashes series, but outside of those series he was pretty average.

In most sides, Prior would be much better off at seven, but I think coming in below Smith, Sangakkara, Younis and Chanderpaul there's no real risk of him coming up against fresh bowlers.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shakib al Hassan is my 12th man. I can't believe that nobody has picked him so far. I was confused between him and Ajmal, now I have both:D He is a great player and arguably the greatest Bangladeshi test cricketer ever. He can bat in the middle order as low as till #6. If my team is playing at a flat deck, I wouls play him at #6 instead of Ashwin.

My Team:
1.:aus: David Warner :bat: :c:
2.:pak: Azhar Ali :bat:
3.:aus: Marnus Labuschagne :bat:
4.:aus: Adam Voges :bat:
5.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
6.:ind: Ravi Ashwin :ar:
7.:saf: Quinton de Kock :wkb:
8.:pak: Saeed Ajmal :bwl:
9.:eng: James Anderson :bwl:
10.:pak: Muhammad Abbas :bwl:
11.:saf: Dale Steyn :bwl:
12.:ban: Shakib al Hassan :ar:

@DalePlaysSports

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
1.:ind:Murali Vijay :bat:
2.:saf:Dean Elgar :bat:
3.:nzf:Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus:Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng:Kevin Pietersen :bat:
6.:ind:M.S. Dhoni :wkb:
7.:wi:Jason Holder :ar:
8.:nzf:Trent Boult :bwl:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng:Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

12.:nzf: Dan Vettori :ar:

Extra spin option with a bit of batting ability. Would probably come in for Boult or Sharma if we ended up on a spinning deck.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Shakib al Hassan is my 12th man. I can't believe that nobody has picked him so far. I was confused between him and Ajmal, now I have both:D
Amazed you picked Ajmal over Shakib

Shakib would have given you spin turning in both directions. Would have given you a proper nimber six and let Ashwin bat eight. But instead you have two off-spinners and an extra tail-ender

B

Bigby Wolf

Greame Swann :eng:

Greame Swann will be the 12th Man, With Shakib being gone already (He was my Ideal pick for the 12th man) was confused between him and Mooen Ali although moeen can bat a bit but his bowling average against top countries espc. is too high around 40 ish.

Greame Swann will play on dry pitches mostly in subcontinent and will form a lethal spin combo with Nathan Lyon.

Swann's record on subcontinental pitches was outstanding as he picked up 73 wickets @25.54 with 5 fifers and his performances elsewhere were nothing but exceptional as he averaged under 30s except Australia where obviously the Best Spinner of the Decade 'The GOAT' Lyon will play.

Kohli will lead my side as he hold the test mace for three consecutive years between 17 and 19 and won most matches as Test Skipper last Decade.

STATS : 193 Wickets @30.14 with 13 Fifers and 2Ten wicket hauls

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

1.:bat:Tom Latham:nzf:
2.:bat:Alastair Cook:eng:
3.:bat:
Hashim Amla:saf:
4. :bat: Virat Kohli:ind::c:
5. :bat:Joe Root:eng:
6.:wkb:Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
7.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
8.:bwl:Mohammed Shami:ind:
9.:bwl:Kagiso Rabada:saf:
10.:bwl:Nathan Lyon:aus:
11.:bwl:Morne Morkel:saf:
12.:bwl:Greame Swann:eng:

Thanks everyone for partcipating in the thread was once again a fun playing the draft.

Honorable mentions of the players that have been missed in the Draft :

1) Tim Southee:nzf: - 255 Wickets @28.33
2) Michael Clarke:aus: - 4717 runs @ 48.62 with HS - 329* and a Bradmensque 2012 with 3 Double Tons averaging 106.53 scoring 1595 runs in 11 Matches.
3) Ian bell :eng:- 4436 Runs @ 44.80 with HS - 235 and similar to Clarke had a Bradmendque record in 2011 averaging 118 in the year 2011 scoring 9850 runs in 8 matches.
4) Asad Shafiq:pak: - An Handy Lower order batsmen for Pakistan batting mosttly at 6 scoring 4528 runs @39.03.
5) Dimuth Karunaratane:sri: - Quite and underrated opener and one of few Positive Sign for Sri Lanka last decade , scored 4421 Runs @36.84.
[DOUBLEPOST=1579203900][/DOUBLEPOST]Over to You @blockerdave

Last edited by a moderator:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Greame Swann :eng:

2) Michael Clarke:aus: - 4717 runs @ 48.62 with HS - 329* and a Bradmensque 2012 with 3 Double Tons averaging 106.53 scoring 1595 runs in 11 Matches.
4) Asad Shafiq:pak: - An Handy Lower order batsmen for Pakistan batting mosttly at 6 scoring 4528 runs @39.03.
I was really interested in both of them especially Clarke but I chose not to pick them.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Clarkey's omission is a stunner indeed! Off the top of my head
  • Brilliant strategist, the best test captain in this decade.
  • Despite his appearance, one of the toughest spirits with a catalogue of memorable knocks under pressure.
  • While he barely bowled much due to his back later on, he can still offer an option with the ball.
  • A bloody good batsman.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Clarkey's omission is a stunner indeed! Off the top of my head
  • Brilliant strategist, the best test captain in this decade.
  • Despite his appearance, one of the toughest spirits with a catalogue of memorable knocks under pressure.
  • While he barely bowled much due to his back later on, he can still offer an option with the ball.
  • A bloody good batsman.

I was going to pick Clarke, for a few reasons, mainly being that if I was opening the bowling with Johnson & Harris, who better to captain them than Clarke. Then I thought I should get someone who could do a "Jonathan Trott" role with the ball and eat up a few overs with medium pace, so that led me more towards Angelo Matthews... then just before I picked Angelo I remembered Tendulkar was eligible!

Users who are viewing this thread