Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quinton de Kock will be my number 7. I am busy now and will write more later.

1.:aus: David Warner :bat:
3.:aus: Marnus Labuschagne :bat:
5.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
7.:saf: Quinton de Kock :wkb:
10.:eng: James Anderson :bwl:
11.:saf: Dale Steyn :bwl:

@Aislabie

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Overall Pick #31: Shivnarine Chanderpaul
cl_chanderpaul.jpg

So here's someone I didn't expect to have gone under the radar. Only four batsmen averaged over 60 with the bat in the decade after playing more than ten Test innings. One was Steven Smith, who quite sensibly went in the first round. The next was Kumar Sangakkara, who was my first pick and I was very grateful to get my hands on. The third was Adam Voges, whose statistics were rather flattered by a ridiculous purple patch and a very short career. The fourth, somehow, still hasn't been picked yet but here he is: the unorthodox Guyanese left-hander, Shiv Chanderpaul. Chanderpaul was consistently the West Indies' best batsman throughout the first half of the decade, before being pushed out of the team while still its best batsman to preserve Brian Lara's run-scoring record.

2010s Statistics (41 matches)
:bat: Left-handed batsman
3,198 runs @ 60.33 (9 centuries, best 203*)

Role in the Team

He'll likely come to the crease with a bunch of runs already on the board (courtesy of Kumar), and it'll be his job to serve as an anchor that the more positive lower-order batsmen can bat around. He'll just not get out.

Aislabie's XI so far:
3. :sri: :bat: Kumar Sangakkara (Pick #3)
4. :pak: :bat: Younis Khan (Pick #26)
5. :wi: :bat: Shiv Chanderpaul (Pick #31)
7. :ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja (Pick #8)
8. :saf: :ar: Vernon Philander (Pick #17)
9. :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins (Pick #14)
11. :nzf: :bwl: Neil Wagner (Pick #25)

Next pick:
@Bigby Wolf

B

Bigby Wolf

Mushfiqur Rahim :ban:
mushfiqur-getty-1507529744.jpg

Rahim will be wicketkeeper in the squad & bat no.6 .

• Scored 2 Double hundred as a keeper last decade.
  • Played the most innings in his career at no.6 for Bangladesh 57 innings scoring 1896 runs @35.11.
STATS : M - 53 I - 98 R - 3531 Avg - 38.30 HS - 219 100s/50s 6/17

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

2.:bat:Alastair Cook:eng:
3.:bat:Hashim Amla:saf:

4. :bat: Virat Kohli:ind:
5. :bat:Joe Root:eng:
6.:wkb:Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
10.:bwl:Nathan Lyon:aus:
11.:bwl:Morne Morkel:saf:

@blockerdave up next.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Overall Pick #31: Shivnarine Chanderpaul
cl_chanderpaul.jpg

So here's someone I didn't expect to have gone under the radar. Only four batsmen averaged over 60 with the bat in the decade after playing more than ten Test innings. One was Steven Smith, who quite sensibly went in the first round. The next was Kumar Sangakkara, who was my first pick and I was very grateful to get my hands on. The third was Adam Voges, whose statistics were rather flattered by a ridiculous purple patch and a very short career. The fourth, somehow, still hasn't been picked yet but here he is: the unorthodox Guyanese left-hander, Shiv Chanderpaul. Chanderpaul was consistently the West Indies' best batsman throughout the first half of the decade, before being pushed out of the team while still its best batsman to preserve Brian Lara's run-scoring record.

2010s Statistics (41 matches)
:bat: Left-handed batsman
3,198 runs @ 60.33 (9 centuries, best 203*)

Role in the Team

He'll likely come to the crease with a bunch of runs already on the board (courtesy of Kumar), and it'll be his job to serve as an anchor that the more positive lower-order batsmen can bat around. He'll just not get out.

Aislabie's XI so far:
3. :sri: :bat: Kumar Sangakkara (Pick #3)
4. :pak: :bat: Younis Khan (Pick #26)
5. :wi: :bat: Shiv Chanderpaul (Pick #31)
7. :ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja (Pick #8)
8. :saf: :ar: Vernon Philander (Pick #17)
9. :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins (Pick #14)
11. :nzf: :bwl: Neil Wagner (Pick #25)

Next pick:
@Bigby Wolf

was gonna pick him but was worried with Pujara already my batting might be too stodgy.

Will make my pick shortly

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He debuted in 2018 as he is picked in a list of best players of the "decade"? And that too so so early!
I wanted to pick Smith or Kohli but both of them were already picked so I decided to pick him.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lord Gayle of Smashtown is my next pick.

Sadly he didn't play many tests in the decade for all sorts of reasons, but he is still the only opener to both score more than 1250 runs and average over 50 in the period. 3 hundreds including a triple, and 6 50s, with just a single duck.

He can tee off, as we have the likes of Pujara and Misbah to steady things if we are in trouble.

@AsadRM is up next.

1. Chris Gayle
  2. ...
  3. Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. A.B. De Villiers
  5. Misbah Ul Haq
  6. ...
  7. B.J. Watling
  8. Mitchell Johnson
  9. Ryan Harris
  10. ...
  11. ...

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
1.:ind:Murali Vijay :bat:
3.:nzf: Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus: Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng: Kevin Pietersen :bat:
7.:wi: Jason Holder :ar:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng: Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

Murali Vijay
A little inconsistent, but a solid opener on his day with a solid record, bit of grit at the top of the order
Matches: 59, Runs: 3933, Highest Score: 167, Average: 39.33, Centuries: 12

Yasir Shah
Again, a solid option. 207 wickets at 29.16 in tests mostly played abroad, cant grumble and have to give him credit for this;
In July 2016, while on tour against England,Shah became the first leg spinner to take a five-wicket haul in a Test innings at Lord's since Mushtaq Ahmed in 1996. And

@AsadRM

B

Bigby Wolf

1.:ind:Murali Vijay :bat:
3.:nzf: Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus: Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng: Kevin Pietersen :bat:
7.:wi: Jason Holder :ar:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng: Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

Murali Vijay
A little inconsistent, but a solid opener on his day with a solid record, bit of grit at the top of the order
Matches: 59, Runs: 3933, Highest Score: 167, Average: 39.33, Centuries: 12

Yasir Shah
Again, a solid option. 207 wickets at 29.16 in tests mostly played abroad, cant grumble and have to give him credit for this;
In July 2016, while on tour against England,Shah became the first leg spinner to take a five-wicket haul in a Test innings at Lord's since Mushtaq Ahmed in 1996. And

@AsadRM
Murali Vijay was quite an underated opener in the last decade played some gritty knocks against SA,Eng and Aus in the away tours of 2013-14.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to all of you. Actually I didn't receive the notification of @blockerdave tagging me so I missed. But, I should have had checked it atleast once.

Muhammad Abbas
The right arm medium-fast bowler from Pakistan would be my next pick. He made his debut in 2017 but has still made a lot of progress.He was named Pakistan's test cricketer of the year in 2018, due to his success against England in England. He took 10 wickets in the series and he also took 10 wickets in a test match against the mighty Aussies in UAE. He did have a bad test against Australia this summer but he came back very strongly in the series against Sri Lanka. He has 72 wickets in 17 tests at an average of 20.90. Him, Anderson and Steyn bowling together would be a mouthwatering prospect, especially if the match is in England.

6.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
9.:eng: James Anderson :bwl:
10.:pak: Muhammad Abbas :bwl:

I wanted to pick Yasir Shah this time but Dale had already picked him

@Aislabie @Bigby Wolf do I have 1 pick or 2? If I have 1 then @Bigby Wolf is next

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to all of you. Actually I didn't receive the notification of @blockerdave tagging me so I missed. But, I should have had checked it atleast once.

Muhammad Abbas
The right arm medium-fast bowler from Pakistan would be my next pick. He made his debut in 2017 but has still made a lot of progress.He was named Pakistan's test cricketer of the year in 2018, due to his success against England in England. He took 10 wickets in the series and he also took 10 wickets in a test match against the mighty Aussies in UAE. He did have a bad test against Australia this summer but he came back very strongly in the series against Sri Lanka. He has 72 wickets in 17 tests at an average of 20.90. Him, Anderson and Steyn bowling together would be a mouthwatering prospect, especially if the match is in England.

6.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
7.:saf: Quinton de Lock :wkb:

I wanted to pick Yasir Shah this time but Dale had already picked him

@Aislabie @Bigby Wolf do I have 1 pick or 2? If I have 1 then @Bigby Wolf is next
You have two picks Asad - not back to back as you missed the earlier @DalePlaysSports went ahead and made his double pick as per the draft order you are next , so the upcoming pick in the draft is yours.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ravi Ashwin
The Indian World Cup winning all-rounder is my next pick. He is the fastest Indian bowler to get to to 50, 100,150,200,250,300,350 wickets. He made his test ebut in 2011 against West Indies after good performances in IPL and Champions League T20. In 2016, he became the 3rd Indian to win ICC Cricketer of the Year Award. In 70 tests, he has taken 362 wickets at a very good average of 25.36. In a home Test series against Australia in 2013, he took 29 wickets, the most by any Indian bowler in a four-match Test series. The same year, he took his 100th Test wicket in his 18th match, becoming the fastest Indian bowler to the milestone and the fastest in the world in over 80 years. He is also a more than handy batsman with 2,385 runs at a good average of 28.73. He has 4 hundreds and 11 fifties.

5.:eng: Ben Stokes :ar:
6.:ind: Ravi Ashwin :ar:

@blockerdave

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Rangana Herath.

Probably only Ashwin was a more effective spinner in the decade. Lyon took more wickets than either, but in 23 more matches than Herath he took only 17 wickets more than Herath's 363, at an average a almost 6 runs worse than Herath's 26.41, and a strike rate over 6 balls slower than Herath's 57.5

Herath can give me first innings control allowing the seamers to rotate, and be a genuine threat in the 2nd inns or from ball one in the sub-continent. With more than a thousand test runs including 3 50s, he's a useful lower order batsman too.

1. Chris Gayle
  2. ...
  3. Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. A.B. De Villiers
  5. Misbah Ul Haq
  6. ...
  7. B.J. Watling
  8. Mitchell Johnson
  9. Ryan Harris
  10. Rangana Herath
  11. ...

@Bigby Wolf is next