The Ashes - Giles or Panesar? Cricket Coach investigates

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
With the current Ashes series spiralling towards a comprehensive Australian victory, the British media have started to question Giles' place in the England side - but are they justified? Will Panesar really make a difference? We have used Cricket Coach to simulate the Ashes series twice - once with Giles in the side, once with Panesar.

Read the full article here - http://cricketcoachgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Nice idea, although showcasing the fact that in your game Geraint Jones hits international centuries and gets key runs is perhaps not the best way to show whether or not the game is realistic yet :p

The third test in Perth with Panesar is an interesting one, looks just like Old Trafford, and had Australia chased it down, a little eerily similar to Adelaide just past.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Spinners are poor on this game anyway for user controlled teams. Nice idea though.

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
evertonfan - the game as cpu v cpu. Warne took a huge number of wickets in the series. Take out of those comments what you want about the match engine used for these tests.

PhilD123

International Coach
Good article, enjoyed the read. In all honesty, due to me not having the CC pro and just the normal CC I probably play on ICC more, but I am drawn back to the game when I read something like that. The only bit thats unrealistic is Hoggard and Giles both getting 50's in the same game.

plympilgrim

International Coach
grt read, lookin at that neither should play but giles looked the better

Madsalty

Club Cricketer
Although, i think monty panesar is fantastic, his batting is in-experienced. Giles can bowl and play some controlled strokes with the bat, although only warne seems to be making the best of the wickets in Australia. Unless monty is played we will never know and looking at our current position in the ashes, can i do any harm?

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
very good article glenn, neatly presented - perhaps cricket coach will simulate another article like this - for the World Cup!

Propmanoz

Club Cricketer
Well, I think, despite the 5-0 thumping by Australia, Panesar showed his potential, and i think Giles is out of the reckoning for good.

lancashire666

International Coach
i enjoyed reading that, obviously a cetain Mr Jones did much better than he could possible hope in real cricket

Users who are viewing this thread