The BIG XI Thread

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Played 4 games yesterday. Couple of games where fun as the opposite player had some respect for the game. Though I ended up loosing the match the game was fun.

The other two games were total waste of my time. I'm not going to name and shame the players, but they used whatever exploits available in the game to win the match.

• Using of silly fielders
  • Bowling one particular length throughout 90% of the innings.
  • Using slow and effort controls together on every ball to confuse the batsman
  • Moving beyond leg stump or moving accross off stump to play every shot
  • Attempted stumping when the batsman misses a shot and walks out of the crease (not looking for a run) .
  • Bowling only fast and fast medium type bowlers.
  • Bowling very early or very late by which batsman can be deceived.
You name the exploit they have done it. People like this should be banned from the big XI league if fair players should have a chance the enjoy thr game properly.

The effort bowl should be locked for the mode or only should be allowed to ball once an over.

And if a bowler keeps bowling one particular length after a certain number of deliveries it should start give him negative points which will force him to change the length.

Similarly for batsman if they keep moving after a certain number of movement shots their points should come in negative which will force them to play properly.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Didn't play a game but went through the creating squad/team etc. Very fun. Hopefully it's easy enough to play a game on the PS5
Hopefully cross platform is a thing in the future, not many steam users in general.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I think it will be better if they collect the data in next 2 weeks to see what major exploits are there in the game and then they can either patch them out or give negative scoring for repeating them.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Seeing a few OP hacked teams in Steam
Ah seriously already, I want to try this mode out but online cricket games have always been a vast majority of unpleasant experiences when dealing with random humans. Was keen by the fact that the selecting of tier’d players would stop people creating OP teams. Shame there doesn’t seem a way for Big Ant to ban those sort of folk.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Seeing a few OP hacked teams in Steam
More details would be great - we've been investigating a number of things that people have been raising to try and get to the bottom of some odd values.

One thing so far is that if someone has their opponent quit on them, they can earn points for what they played, but it won't increase the wins/matches played - so that you have some people who seem to have a more points than they should for the amount of matches played.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Played 4 games yesterday. Couple of games where fun as the opposite player had some respect for the game. Though I ended up loosing the match the game was fun.

The other two games were total waste of my time. I'm not going to name and shame the players, but they used whatever exploits available in the game to win the match.

• Using of silly fielders
  • Bowling one particular length throughout 90% of the innings.
  • Using slow and effort controls together on every ball to confuse the batsman
  • Moving beyond leg stump or moving accross off stump to play every shot
  • Attempted stumping when the batsman misses a shot and walks out of the crease (not looking for a run) .
  • Bowling only fast and fast medium type bowlers.
  • Bowling very early or very late by which batsman can be deceived.
You name the exploit they have done it. People like this should be banned from the big XI league if fair players should have a chance the enjoy thr game properly.

The effort bowl should be locked for the mode or only should be allowed to ball once an over.

And if a bowler keeps bowling one particular length after a certain number of deliveries it should start give him negative points which will force him to change the length.

Similarly for batsman if they keep moving after a certain number of movement shots their points should come in negative which will force them to play properly.

For time being I'm not going anywhere near the online mode as it is nothing other a showcase game exploits.
I disagree with some of the "exploits" mentioned here

1) Bowling very early and very late? this happens in real life cricket as well, if you as batter are trying to smash every ball for six, bowling very early to deceive the batsman is just about the only weapon one has as a bowler, batting is way too easy in this game as it is!
2) bowling one length for 90% of the game? which length cant u play? again almost happens all the time in real life cricket, its the "Stock" ball and the odd variation which gets the batter out.
3) effort balls? how is this a problem?
4) what effect does using slow and effort triggers at the same time do? genuinely interested as I have never tried that before.. ;)

I do agree the fair play penalties are way way underpowered at the moment...

Also one more question: the penalty for taking stance outside off... when exactly does that kick in as some of us stand normally but make a move to off stump quite late in the runup and then smash to leg, would this also be considered a penalty or an exploit?

Also: you mention ppl using exploits both bowling and batting.... at what point does the exploits balance out cause if you using batting exploits vs your opponents bowling exploits who wins?

I played only 1 online game so far in this mode but against a friend.. so it was very pleasant.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

1) Bowling very early and very late? this happens in real life cricket as well, if you as batter are trying to smash every ball for six, bowling very early to deceive the batsman is just about the only weapon one has as a bowler, batting is way too easy in this game as it is!
2) bowling one length for 90% of the game? which length cant u play? again almost happens all the time in real life cricket, its the "Stock" ball and the odd variation which gets the batter out.
4) what effect does using slow and effort triggers at the same time do? genuinely interested as I have never tried that before.. ;)

Also one more question: the penalty for taking stance outside off... when exactly does that kick in as some of us stand normally but make a move to off stump quite late in the runup and then smash to leg, would this also be considered a penalty or an exploit?

Also: you mention ppl using exploits both bowling and batting.... at what point does the exploits balance out cause if you using batting exploits vs your opponents bowling exploits who wins?

I played only 1 online game so far in this mode but against a friend.. so it was very pleasant.
20220224_140941.png
Read this first before commenting. It's Ross's tweet yesterday.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

1645692743859.png

Ever seen something like this? This called as a pitch map, This is from a India Vs West indies match. You can find tons of pitch maps of every game from the ICC page. if you can show one innings where 90% of the balls are pitched at one point then I will never say that this is exploit.

Effort balls and slower balls are not the problem, when both of them are combined together, it is a problem. And if you are able to ball all 6 balls with effort then it shouldn't be effort it should be normal.

Users who are viewing this thread