England versus WI Third Test

D

Dutch

So I have now played a number of games and am doing okay. The one day and Twenty20 matches are less enjoyable for me. I always need time to settle and adjust to the pitch and conditions and that's the great thing about the longer formats.

This is my latest effort, just falling short of the fifty but am pretty happy how it went. Anchoring a position for others to play around, or to be solid as wickets fall.

20200307181204_1.jpg

D

Dutch

Because of the Lockdown I had to let this go but am hoping to pick it up again. In the meantime i am playing a one off test match between England and the West Indies, using the team line-ups from the Old Trafford test for a one off decider match at Headingly. Will it be fun? According to Ed Smith it will be but yeah he has got Big Boy Buttler to keep him happy.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Because of the Lockdown I had to let this go but am hoping to pick it up again. In the meantime i am playing a one off test match between England and the West Indies, using the team line-ups from the Old Trafford test for a one off decider match at Headingly. Will it be fun? According to Ed Smith it will be but yeah he has got Big Boy Buttler to keep him happy.

He’s back baby!

D

Dutch

Thanks as always to @wasteyouryouth for his fantastic player creations!

So England take on the West Indies at Old Trafford to decide the series which is poised at one a piece. Both sides named an unchanged side from the second test. The West Indies non changes surprising given their batting frailties but much else on offer was obviously deemed not a worthy tactic. England kept faith in the bowlers who did so well in the second test. Ed Smith made clear that Archer would not have played in any case.

D

Dutch

England won the toss and decided to bat on a grassy, dry pitch with a little bounce, just as it had been in the second test here. The weather is generally good although their could be same rain later.

Both Burns and Sibley are attuning themselves well to the task although Burns will have been slightly disappointed with his showings so far and will need to dig in:

The West Indies take to the field: with the cloud around and the grassy top they wont be too disappointed to get a bit at England with the new cherry:

20200721202213_1.jpg

Sibley and Burns make their way to the pitch for the start of England's first innings.

20200721202219_1.jpg

D

Dutch

England cagey at the start of the innings:

With both Roach and Gabriel finding pace and bounce on this pitch England were straight away under pressure. England will need to weather the storm for the next 10 or 12 overs to get the shine of the ball and just get through this first hour unscathed. The Windies had Burns rapped on the pads but the ball was high and the decided against the review, very wisely as it was indeed going over by some margin. Sibley just managed to get his bat inside the line on a climbing delivery from Roach. Honours even at the moment after five overs.

20200721203611_1.jpg 20200721203614_1.jpg

D

Dutch

The West Indian Bowlers looking to get a bit of bounce out of this track with a bit of fuller balls chucked in to get the batsman driving on a pitch that offers some seam movement

20200721203638_1.jpg

Not much for England to do than scamper a couple of singles square of the wicket.

20200721203720_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread